Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistakes - Clark's second chance (Chlark)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistakes - Clark's second chance (Chlark)

Pairing: Chlark
    Timeline: Beginning of Season nine-Post Doomsday to Season three episode one.
    Rating: PG13 - for now.

Disclaimer: All characters belong to CW & DC comics.

Summary: When Clark runs away from Chloe after Jimmy dies she is driven to suicide, in his guilt he finds an old red Kryptonite class ring and puts in on. When Lois later comes back from the future RedK!Clark puts on the Legion ring in an attempt to save Chloe. The Red kryptonite and Legion Ring's energies mix, sending him hurtling into the body of himself several years ago.

I plan on giving it a go at writing this story myself, would anyone like to read it?
    Though I do warn that I have a very short attention span and will probably forget about it and as such would very much appreciate someone else using this story idea.
    Any takers?
    Last edited by Darkfirelight; 09-07-2012, 08:09 AM.

Originally posted by Darkfirelight
    Pairing: Chlark
    Timeline: Beginning of Season nine-Post Doomsday to Season two episode four
    Rating: PG13 - for now.

Disclaimer: All characters belong to CW & DC comics.

Summary: When Clark runs away from Chloe after Jimmy dies she is driven to suicide, in his guilt he finds an old red Kryptonite class ring and puts in on. When Lois later comes back from the future RedK!Clark puts on the Legion ring in an attempt to save Chloe. The Red kryptonite and Legion Ring's energies mix, sending him hurtling into the body of himself several years ago upon his first contact with Red Kryptonite, just as he grabs his class ring for $350.

I plan on giving it a go at writing this story myself, would anyone like to read it?
    Though I do warn that I have a very short attention span and will probably forget about it and as such would very much appreciate someone else using this story idea.
    Any takers?
    Sounds quite original, you should run with it... I think you'd do a great job!

Comment

Originally posted by Mari2Anne
      Sounds quite original, you should run with it... I think you'd do a great job!
      I totally agree! The premise sounds very intriguing. I'd definitely be interested in reading this story!

Comment

Sounds interesting. Hope to see the first chapter soon

Comment

Well gee guys, you're making me blush. Alright, I'll give it a shot, just want to let you know that updates may take a while, what with moving house and College.
          *Kicks house* Never should've put those goddamn wheels on it.

Comment

O.O That is one of the most interesting concepts for a fanfic that I've seen in a while...Please oh please write it!!

Comment

Well it took a looooooooooong time but, as promised, I'm starting the story. Enjoy! I was inspired to (finally) start this after reading This Time Around by The Fallen Sky, brilliant one-shot, just wish that it were longer. You inspired me to begin this, congratulations!

Disclaimer: All Characters and the actual show itself and everything in it belong to The CW and DC Comics.

Chapter One

Tears ran down his face as he stared at the Grave marker before him, reading the epitaph for what seemed like the Hundredth time.

Here lies Chloe Sullivan, Beloved daughter, Devoted friend to many.
              1986-2009
              She will be sorely missed.

He could still remember the emotionless words he had last said to her;
              "The Clark Kent you once knew doesn't exist anymore."

He couldn't believe how foolish he had been, walking away and leaving her so distraught, grieving over her dead Husband, killed by the One man she had tried to save from himself, while the others disbanded to regions unknown. She had been left alone and distraught in the desolate building in which the foul act had occurred, with no purpose to hold onto and noone to comfort her. He should have realized that their betrayal of her in that moment of depression would have repercussions.

He fell to his knees in front of her final resting place, tears flowing freely down his cheeks as he cried his sorrow to the earth below, desperately wishing that he could have his best friend back. At the funeral his Mother had comforted him and told him that it wasn't his fault. But he knew that the others didn't hold the same opinions, and in his own opinion he knew that they were right, He was a fool to have walked away. He knew that if Lois ever read the message written on the back of his Jacket and came back from the future she would never forgive him, and he wouldn't blame her.

Only now did he realize that his feelings for Chloe surpassed his feelings for Lois and, perhaps even Lana, he knew that if he had the choice to have One of the Three back he would choose Chloe, the girl who had always helped him in his relationships, the girl who had sacrificed so much to keep his secret, the girl he had known since eighth grade, his first kiss, his Confidante and his Best Friend.

"I'm so sorry Chloe, I should have been there for you. I should never have walked away from you."
              But as much as he grieved for her death and wished that he could change things he knew that she was gone and that it was their faults, specifically his.

Finally he couldn't take the feelings stirring inside of him anymore and so he ran, desperately wanting to feel anything other than the Strong sorrow that he felt now at this specific moment so desperate to escape that he didn't even care as his feet left the ground.

He raced through the Cemetery, he raced through the streets of Metropolis, he raced along the Highway towards the outskirts of the City, towards Smallville, towards the Kent farm, towards the Barn and up the stairs, his distress overwhelming him as he reached the drawers in his old "Fortress of Solitude", the one place that he still considered sacred to his heart and reached into the drawers, pulling out a small led box that he flipped open to reveal a small red ring.

He had gotten rid of his ring and destroyed Chloe's ring (He still owed her $350 for that) but he had secluded Pete's ring away in his Loft, guiltily knowing that at some point he might need to use it again, the memory of thousands of Gravestones still fresh in his Photographic memory despite the Eight years that had passed.

He put the ring on his left Middle finger, feeling the familiar warmth of its radiation seeping from his as he looked up and smirked before blurring away.
              __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

In the ensuing weeks that followed the Crime rate in Metropolis took a rapid decline, murder, rape and other such crimes plummeting into near non-existence while the rate of theft went straight back up, people somehow not connecting the new "Superhero" flying around the City with the mysterious masked Bank robber.

And then when Lois came back everything changed.
              __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Upon finding Lois unconscious in the train wreckage he had not paid attention to her so much as the ring on her finger. A fully functional Legion ring, capable of time-travel. In his Red Kryptonite addled mind he had laughed, realizing a solution to all of his problems and had immediately grabbed the ring, not even paying any attention to the injured wearer and placed it on his right hand's Middle finger, focusing with all of his will on the destination and time he had in mind, not realizing how exactly the ring worked. As it sapped his energy in an attempt to gain the power necessary it also drained the corrupt energy from the Red Kryptonite.

Feeling himself growing weaker, yet unwilling to give up on his plan, Clark/Kal-El immediately took flight towards the Sun, his Aura glowing brighter and brighter the closer he got to it, not noticing the cracks spreading along the Red Kryptonite ring or how the Legion ring slowly started to disintegrate, leaving a spiked scar along the inside of his hand leading down to the Center of his palm, until with a bright flash he impacted with the Sun, disappearing on impact with a bright flash, causing a chain reaction that completely extinguished all traces of existence in his old Universe.

Part One is Complete! I hope you enjoyed that short Prologue, I'll see about updating this fic when I can but I won't make any promises, could be tomorrow though (Small chance though), so I want everyone to know that this WILL be a Chlark fic.

Nobody and nothing will follow Clark from the Future, he only needs to worry about the present.

Now then, my question to the reader's is; What time shall he appear?

a) 2X04; Red.
              b) 2X14; Rush.
              c) 2X22/3X01; Exodus/Exile.

And if C should I have him in Metropolis at which specific time, e.g. Just before the end of the 3 months, at the beginning just after he left, halfway in, ect.
              'Till next time.

It's your choice.

P.S. Can somebody tell me the character limit? I'm new to this.
              Last edited by Darkfirelight; 10-10-2011, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkfirelight
                Well it took a looooooooooong time but, as promised, I'm starting the story.
                Better late than never.

Enjoy!
                I always enjoy Chlark!

I was inspired to (finally) start this after reading This Time Around by The Fallen Sky, brilliant one-shot, just wish that it were longer.
                I'm glad you enjoyed the story. And you're among the many who wish that it were longer. Sorry it was so short, but it's exactly as I envisioned it. Perhaps there'll be a sequel/prequel one day, but I'm still thinking about it.

You inspired me to begin this, congratulations!
                Yay me!! To inspire a fellow Chlarker to write Chlark is an honor of the highest order. For that, I thank you.

Chapter One

Tears ran down his face as he stared at the Grave marker before him, reading the epitaph for what seemed like the Hundredth time.

Here lies Chloe Sullivan, Beloved daughter, Devoted friend to many.
                1986-2009
                She will be sorely missed.
                *cries* Chloe can't be dead!! Who's gonna save Clark from himself if not her?

He could still remember the emotionless words he had last said to her;
                "The Clark Kent you once knew doesn't exist anymore."

He couldn't believe how foolish he had been, walking away and leaving her so distraught, grieving over her dead Husband, killed by the One man she had tried to save from himself, while the others disbanded to regions unknown. She had been left alone and distraught in the desolate building in which the foul act had occurred, with no purpose to hold onto and noone to comfort her. He should have realized that their betrayal of her in that moment of depression would have repercussions.
                I can't believe the entire League abandoned her in her time of need. Bunch of ungrateful jerks, if you ask me. And Clark's the worst offender!! Colossal douche!!

He fell to his knees in front of her final resting place, tears flowing freely down his cheeks as he cried his sorrow to the earth below, desperately wishing that he could have his best friend back. At the funeral his Mother had comforted him and told him that it wasn't his fault. But he knew that the others didn't hold the same opinions, and in his own opinion he knew that they were right, He was a fool to have walked away. He knew that if Lois ever read the message written on the back of his Jacket and came back from the future she would never forgive him, and he wouldn't blame her.

Only now did he realize that his feelings for Chloe surpassed his feelings for Lois and, perhaps even Lana, he knew that if he had the choice to have One of the Three back he would choose Chloe, the girl who had always helped him in his relationships, the girl who had sacrificed so much to keep his secret, the girl he had known since eighth grade, his first kiss, his Confidante and his Best Friend.

"I'm so sorry Chloe, I should have been there for you. I should never have walked away from you."
                But as much as he grieved for her death and wished that he could change things he knew that she was gone and that it was their faults, specifically his.

Finally he couldn't take the feelings stirring inside of him anymore and so he ran, desperately wanting to feel anything other than the Strong sorrow that he felt now at this specific moment so desperate to escape that he didn't even care as his feet left the ground.

He raced through the Cemetery, he raced through the streets of Metropolis, he raced along the Highway towards the outskirts of the City, towards Smallville, towards the Kent farm, towards the Barn and up the stairs, his distress overwhelming him as he reached the drawers in his old "Fortress of Solitude", the one place that he still considered sacred to his heart and reached into the drawers, pulling out a small led box that he flipped open to reveal a small red ring.

He had gotten rid of his ring and destroyed Chloe's ring (He still owed her $350 for that) but he had secluded Pete's ring away in his Loft, guiltily knowing that at some point he might need to use it again, the memory of thousands of Gravestones still fresh in his Photographic memory despite the Eight years that had passed.

He put the ring on his left Middle finger, feeling the familiar warmth of its radiation seeping from his as he looked up and smirked before blurring away.
                Typical. When things get emotionally tough, Clark runs like the pansy he is. And of course, he's fueled by guilt and regret for not being there for Chloe and not choosing her when she was everything he needed and wanted but was too blind to notice. I just don't think turning to red K is the answer. With his current emotional state, being on red K could have disasterous consequences.

In the ensuing weeks that followed the Crime rate in Metropolis took a rapid decline, murder, rape and other such crimes plummeting into near non-existence while the rate of theft went straight back up, people somehow not connecting the new "Superhero" flying around the City with the mysterious masked Bank robber.

And then when Lois came back everything changed.
                So, Clark did manage to do some good even under the influence of red K. Although, I see he couldn't do good without doing some evil too. Well, I guess it could've been worse. Hmm, Lois came back and everything changed, eh? Something tells me it wasn't necessarily change for the better.

Upon finding Lois unconscious in the train wreckage he had not paid attention to her so much as the ring on her finger. A fully functional Legion ring, capable of time-travel. In his Red Kryptonite addled mind he had laughed, realizing a solution to all of his problems and had immediately grabbed the ring, not even paying any attention to the injured wearer and placed it on his right hand's Middle finger, focusing with all of his will on the destination and time he had in mind, not realizing how exactly the ring worked. As it sapped his energy in an attempt to gain the power necessary it also drained the corrupt energy from the Red Kryptonite.

Feeling himself growing weaker, yet unwilling to give up on his plan, Clark/Kal-El immediately took flight towards the Sun, his Aura glowing brighter and brighter the closer he got to it, not noticing the cracks spreading along the Red Kryptonite ring or how the Legion ring slowly started to disintegrate, leaving a spiked scar along the inside of his hand leading down to the Center of his palm, until with a bright flash he impacted with the Sun, disappearing on impact with a bright flash, causing a chain reaction that completely extinguished all traces of existence in his old Universe.
                Ooh, I love that Clark's need and desire for Chloe caused him to ignore Lois and go straight for the Legion ring. Granted, it's not cool that he cares so little for human life, but I can understand his eagerness to get Chloe back and erase the mistakes of his past. And the way you describe the interaction between the two rings and Clark has me intrigued as to what's gonna happen to him when he reappears in the past. Will he be Clark or will he be Kal?

Part One is Complete! I hope you enjoyed that short Prologue, I'll see about updating this fic when I can but I won't make any promises, could be tomorrow though (Small chance though), so I want everyone to know that this WILL be a Chlark fic.
                I did enjoy the prologue!! And don't worry about your update schedule. Update when you can, because Chlark is definitely worth the wait.

Nobody and nothing will follow Clark from the Future, he only needs to worry about the present.
                That's good to know. From the sound of it, Clark will be focusing on Chloe and that's fine by me.

Now then, my question to the reader's is; What time shall he appear?

a) 2X04; Red.
                b) 2X14; Rush.
                c) 2X22/3X01; Exodus/Exile.

And if C should I have him in Metropolis at which specific time, e.g. Just before the end of the 3 months, at the beginning just after he left, halfway in, ect.
                'Till next time.

It's your choice.
                Ooh, I get to choose? Well, each of these timeframes has immense potential, but I'm partial to B. I think, if you're looking to give Clark an easy out with Lana, that's the episode to go with. Plus, Chloe will be very receptive to Clark's advances, due to the parasite, should he decide to be bold and go for it with her. Also, I'd be curious to see if Clark helps Chloe get rid of the parasite knowing that she won't remember what he shared with her. And, assuming he does help her, will he have the guts to tell her his secret again as well as tell her how he feels about her?

Of course, now that I think about it, I could see option C being a wonderful choice. I mean, Clark would be alone in Metropolis, and having Chloe find him, or him find her, would allow the two of them to interact without the interference of friends and family. Although, convincing Chloe that he loves her would probably be more difficult in this timeframe since she knows that Clark was with Lana at this point. Plus, the whole thing with the Kents losing the farm would weigh on Chloe and detract from the Chlark interaction that would be necessary for the two of them to get together.

Yeah, I'm sticking with option B. Rush is one of my favorite episodes.

P.S. Can somebody tell me the character limit? I'm new to this.
                Unfortunately, no. I've never maxed out the character limit while posting a story. Although, if you do max it out, you can post the remainder of your chapter in the next post. Authors I know have done it. It's more of an inconvenience than a problem.

Anyway, it's great to see you writing and posting a Chlark story! There's just not enough Chlark out there, and this is intriguing and has a lot of potential. I look forward to the next update. Well done!!

Comment

Definitely worth to look for. A very nice start!
                  I'll stick with option C even though Rush is one of mine favorite episodes too. And I'd prefer for clark to be in Metropolis just after he kicked chloe out of his apartment. It is because before Rush, clark has not hurt chloe lots of time and will have less of a guilt if he arrives there but if he reaches back at the time he kicked her out, he'll have a great load of guilt to work with. And I think the greatest flaw in his character is the guilt(even if it's not his) induced moping. Mix in your RedK premises and we have a good melodrama in making!
                  Anyway its yours choice, but whatever you choose bring it on fast!
                  Good Luck.

Comment

Well, after careful consideration I've decided to go with C for the drama and to relieve multiple factors of the story.
                    Things to consider: Chloe betraying him to Lionel because of him and Lana.
                    His father still being alive.
                    Davis Bloome not being full Doomsday yet.
                    Lex.
                    Adam Knight.
                    Lionel's kidney failure.
                    And multiple other factors of drama.
                    I think I'm gonna aim to get this as a LONG story.
                    And I'm probably going to be laying out a few options for the reader to choose in the future. Hope you enjoy the Story!

Comment

Mistakes

Great start...now if only the future Clark knew about the letter from Fever. That would be a great in. As well will 'young' Clark have 'older' Clark's abilities??? This would also put him ahead of the curve. Red might not have been so bad, Rush would poss be rough on Chloe, leading her to doubt what happened or possibly spurn Clark for 'thinking' all it is is him feeling guilty about what happened with the parasite. Though early in the Metropolis exile is better. Before Edge, before 3x01. Would definitely help Jonathan keep his ticker healthy.

Comment

'Young' Clark will have 'Older' Clark's abilities and this will now start in Exile, before Edge when Chloe confronts him, I think I'll have it so that "Clark opens his eyes to find himself in his younger body as he enters the Elevator to his Penthouse where he meets Chloe", and in Season Eight Chloe does show Clark her Fever letter.

Comment

Chapter two

When Clark opened his eyes he found himself standing in a familiar setting, though he couldn't remember this place in recent memory. He caught a glimpse of a newspaper rolling down the street off to the side of where he stood and he quickly knelt down and grabbed it, reading the date at the top, hoping beyond belief that his plan had succeeded.

Wednesday, 1st October 2003.
                          Wife and father of Lex Luthor mourn the tragic departure that led to the death of the Billionaire's 26-year-old son-

He paused as he re-read the title of the newspaper, his eyes narrowing slightly in contempt at the name... 'Lex!' However he quickly snapped his attention back to the Newspaper held in his hands as he quickly flipped through it towards the center of the paper, looking for a specific column, and there it was!

Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous by Chloe Sullivan

A grin lit up his entire face as he read over the article, his heart beating a thousand beats a minute as he realized what this meant, he had succeeded! His plan had worked! His breathe hitched in his throat as the Date and Headline caught up with him and he felt faint. 'Chloe, Dad, Lex, Lana, Oliver, the League...'

He could fix so much, do so much, but first... If he was right about the date... His grin widened slightly as he turned towards the Elevator in front of him, leading up to what had been a Penthouse suite if he remembered correctly, and a specific person that he had so dearly missed in his previous life. 'This time I won't make the same mistake twice.'

'Ding!'

The elevator reached the top floor and his eyes widened as he set his eyes upon her, her face peering around the side-windows of the Suite, evidently trying to see if he was hiding inside or genuinely out, she turned as he sucked inwards, knowing that she was real and Alive but his mind unable to comprehend this fact until she opened her mouth. "Clark, I-"

He cut her off before she could finish her sentence, moving so fast he briefly went into super-speed as he pulled her into his embrace, his arms encircling her as he breathed in her scent, "Chloe..."

Her eyes widened at the unexpected display of affection. "Clark?"

"I've missed you so much, I never should have left." He confessed, his eyes tearing up slightly as he held her.

Chloe's eyes softened slightly and she held him back, immediately finding herself forgiving him, unable to hold a grudge against Clark for long yet unknowing that his words held a meaning both deeper and further reaching than she knew. "It's okay Clark, just come home, Your parents are in danger of losing the farm and Lana's a wreck."

He looked into her eyes, remembering where, and when, he was. "Alright." He smiled at her and her eyes widened slightly as she hesitantly smiled back, desperate to believe that he was saying what she thought he was. "I'll come back."

Her eyes teared up and she snuggled further into his embrace, and he knew as he heard her whisper "Thank you." into his leather jacket, not knowing of his superior hearing, that she wasn't thanking him on behalf of Lana or his parents.

End Chapter two

So there you have it, Chloe is Back! Well, in this time she was never really gone but still... I hope this short update holds you over until... tomorrow, perhaps, you brilliant readers, you!

The effects of the rings and the sun transferred to his past body, he no longer has the scar on his chest, he has the spiked scar on his hand (A reminder, if you will) the red meteor rock ring on his hand is broken, that's why he's not acting like an arrogant pr**k.

I hope you enjoy this story!

P.S. Wednesday, 1st October 2003 was the Air date of Season Three.
                          Last edited by Darkfirelight; 10-11-2011, 09:56 AM.

Comment

you reminded me of the matrix's last fight scene where a newspaper rolls between neo and smith. I think it's a custom to roll by the newspaper in most of the time-travel stories. I'm glad that chloe is back in whatever sense and looking for the future events. Tomorrow you say, see you there!

Comment

Originally posted by abhinke4u
                              Tomorrow you say, see you there!
                              Indeed... MISter Anderson...
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	6574.i_2D00_see_2D00_what_2D00_you_2D00_did_2D00_there.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	6627194

Comment

Working...
                              X