Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invincible

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this is really good! I love your take on the events, and on the characters. And I really like the way you write! Can't wait to read the next chapter, ppms

Comment

Originally posted by tnr105
      Like it so far, keep it up!
      Thanks!

Originally posted by Leland Adama
      Yes, great update.
      Thank you~

Originally posted by tessmerceryoubamf
      cool update!
      Thanks~

Originally posted by Buziel0809
      Loving the story so far. I really liking your take on what happened after finale and can't wait to see what will happen next.
      Thank you! It took me forever to figure out how to sort everything out after the finale.

Originally posted by lana4ever
      loving it ! i like how you are continuing from the finale keeps everything simple so to speak update soon
      Thanks! I figured that continuing from the finale would be the best way to start- I had begun writing earlier, about halfway through the season, but I decided to wait and rewrite after I saw how things really turned out. I'll try to update soon~

Originally posted by Costanza
      Wow, this is really good! I love your take on the events, and on the characters. And I really like the way you write! Can't wait to read the next chapter, ppms
      Thank you!!!

I'll try to update soon, and I really appreciate everyones' comments. Sorry I'm so late in adding more chapters; I got sick and really didn't have much energy or enthusiasm for writing. But I'm back now, and I'll try to post more in a couple of days~

Comment

This is soooooo good!! PPMS!

Comment

Originally posted by MissDreavus33
          This is soooooo good!! PPMS!
          Thanks!

Ugh, sorry this took so long. It's basically filler too. I'll try to update more frequently- I'm not sick anymore, and I also managed to defeat my writer's block about this story. So hopefully, things will go faster now.

Do you remember me,
          Lost for so long?
          Am I too lost to be saved?
          Am I too lost?

ERROR: TRANSFER FAILED.

Glaring at the words blinking red on the monitor, Lex sat up and yanked the connecting nodes off his forehead. Why wasn’t it working? He’d read through the files and the procedure seemed foolproof. After arriving at 33.1, he’d ordered his seemingly all-brawn, no-brains security guard to wait outside, and entered the lab on his own. It had seemed prudent to keep as much of this secret as he possibly could- at least until he actually knew what was going on.

A faint green glow and a low hum filled the lab, emanating from the machine he’d been hooked up to. Theoretically, he could use it to transfer all of his missing memories back into his mind. Lex had learned that he wasn’t the original Lex Luthor, who had been killed in an explosion. It was all here in his own files, and despite his reluctance to believe that he was just a clone, the evidence was clear. Still, for all intents and purposes he was Lex Luthor, and he needed to get his memories back as soon as possible. The files he’d found here at the lab said that he, the original Lex, had stored all his memories with the help of a strange crystal, which was apparently found in the arctic. When new clones were made, such as himself, the crystal was used to download all of these memories into the clone’s brain. However, it wasn’t working.

Maybe it was because the memories were still there, in his head. Maybe they were only blocked. In which case, he would need an antidote to whatever neurotoxin was used to give him amnesia before he could even begin to restore his lost history.
          Frustrated at his failure, Lex stood up and shoved the nearest table off toward the wall of the lab. The resulting crash echoed in his ears, but he didn’t really care how much damage he might have done. It didn’t matter. If he couldn’t get his memories back, he was helpless. He felt the need to be in control, to be able to govern his own life. This darkness, this uncertainty, was horrible. He was lost in the shadows and he had no idea what he had to do to get his life back.

Taking a deep breath, Lex opened his eyes and looked back at the transfer device. There had to be a way. He’d look back through the files to find an answer; despite this failure, there had to be something he could do. If only he knew how the neurotoxin had been made, then maybe the computers could develop an antidote.

As he walked back toward the computer interface, Lex glanced over to his left where he’d knocked over the table and some lab equipment. It had fallen right in front of a stasis unit; he’d put the woman who’d died in his office in cryogenic stasis as soon as they arrived at the lab. He’d figured he’d keep her there until he knew how she fit into his life. She hadn’t been dead for very long, and Lex figured that if he needed to, the technology here might be enough to heal her and bring her back. Scanning through his files, he’d discovered that as long as a person had been dead for less than six hours, there was a way to revive them. It was risky, and didn’t always work, but at least he had the option. Holding her in stasis meant that time barely passed at all for her. No matter how long it took Lex to regain his memories, she wouldn’t pass the six-hour limit.

And now, it looked like he might need to resurrect her after all. She was the only connection, the only clue he had to his past. If she knew about the neurotoxin, she was his only hope of regaining his memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Firesong
            And now, it looked like he might need to resurrect her after all. She was the only connection, the only clue he had to his past. If she knew about the neurotoxin, she was his only hope of regaining his memories.
            Nice update. I wonder if he does managed to wake Tess up, how will she react? I can't wait to read the next chapter.

Comment

Aaah I can't wait to read the next update I really like the new chapter, it makes a lot of sense!

Comment

Nice! PPMS

Comment

Originally posted by Buziel0809
                  Nice update. I wonder if he does managed to wake Tess up, how will she react? I can't wait to read the next chapter.
                  Thanks~ You'll have to wait two more chapters, cause the next one is Clark's point of view

Originally posted by Costanza
                  Aaah I can't wait to read the next update I really like the new chapter, it makes a lot of sense!
                  Thank you! It's taken me forever to figure out how to give him back his memories and revive Tess- when in doubt, use kryptonian technology...

Originally posted by tessmerceryoubamf
                  Nice! PPMS
                  Thanks!
                  I'm writing an update currently, but I'm going to be away tommorrow through Thursday. But it's almost all written. So... probably late Friday. Would be sooner, but I'm going on vacation.

Comment

Thanks!
                    I'm writing an update currently, but I'm going to be away tommorrow through Thursday. But it's almost all written. So... probably late Friday. Would be sooner, but I'm going on vacation.
                    And now we wait..

Comment

Thanks~ You'll have to wait two more chapters, cause the next one is Clark's point of view
                      Oh, can't wait to read Clark's POV.

Thank you! It's taken me forever to figure out how to give him back his memories and revive Tess- when in doubt, use kryptonian technology...
                      Well, you never know with Kryptonian technology, something could go wrong.

Comment

Yeah Kryptonian tech can do anything I guess!

Can't wait!

Comment

Thanks for the support, everyone! I'm glad people are actually reading this...

Okay, updating!

Sometimes I wish I could save you,
                          And there are so many things that I want you to know.
                          I won’t give up till it's over;
                          If it takes you forever, I want you to know.
                          Clark sped into the LuthorCorp office, sending the doors flying, ready to confront Lex or whoever else might be in the room. But as he stood in the doorway, he realized that the room was empty.

Where was Tess? And Lex, for that matter? Why had Tess come here, and where did she go?

With no one here, the adrenalin started draining back out of him. Looking sheepishly back at the doors, now lying splintered and shattered on the floor of the office, he realized that he really hadn’t had any kind of plan before he came in here. Maybe that had been a mistake. What if Lex had been here? What would he have done then? What if Lex had kryptonite? Lois had warned him to be careful, and he hadn’t listened.

So what? So what if I wasn’t ‘careful?’

Clark strode across the room, looking for anything that might tell him where Tess was now.

I can’t always play it safe. She’s still missing. She could be dead!

Clark stopped in his tracks. He really hadn’t let himself think of that possibility, always assuming Tess was alive, just in trouble or unable to contact them. What if she was dead?

If she’s dead, it’s my fault. I let her die. I didn’t save her.

After everything she’d been through, and even after everything she’d done, she’d become an important member of the team. And, as unlikely as it had seemed at first, she’d become a good friend. This was Davis and Doomsday all over again- Jimmy had died because of an error in Clark’s judgment. What if the same thing had happened to Tess? Clark knew Lex was dangerous, and he should have done something about it.
                          Starting to panic again, Clark used his x-ray vision to search the room. Maybe she hadn’t come here after all. Maybe she was still looking for Lex. But why wouldn’t she have contacted them?

There was nothing here. Either she was still out there somewhere, or she’d confronted Lex and lost. He would have erased all traces of anything that could tie him to her disappearance by now. They had no leads, no way of figuring out where she was.
                          Blurring back to Watchtower, he appeared right behind Lois and Oliver, who jumped and turned around. Immediately, they both started talking at once.

“Geez, Smallville, you could warn us first. ...What’s wrong? Where’s Tess?”

“That didn’t take long. Clark, what happened?”

“She’s disappeared,” Clark answered. “She’s not there. I can’t find her. I tried to listen for her on the way there, and I didn’t hear anything either.”

Lois and Oliver glanced at each other, then back at Clark, their expressions worried. “Clark…” Lois started to ask, “Do you think she’s…? I mean, Lex could—”

“No,” Oliver broke in. “She’s out there somewhere. Are you sure there wasn’t anything at LuthorCorp Plaza? No clues about where she might have gone?”

Clark shook his head. There was silence for a few moments as they tried to think of what to do next. Clark was beginning to realize that maybe, this time, there weren’t any more options.

“I’ll call Chloe again,” suggested Oliver. “I’ll get her back to Watchtower. Maybe somehow she’ll be able to find her from here.” He walked toward the stained-glass window, taking out his phone.

Lois sighed and looked up at Clark. Hesitantly, she asked, “Clark, do you think Lex might have killed her?”

Clark blinked and looked away. Though he’d considered it himself, he wasn’t ready to face what might be the truth.

“I don’t know.”
                          Last edited by Firesong; 07-23-2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Great update!!!

Thanks for the support, everyone! I'm glad people are actually reading this...
                            Oh we do!

With no one here, the adrenalin started draining back out of him. Looking sheepishly back at the doors, now lying splintered and shattered on the floor of the office, he realized that he really hadn’t had any kind of plan before he came in here. Maybe that had been a mistake. What if Lex had been here? What would he have done then? What if Lex had kryptonite? Lois had warned him to be careful, and he hadn’t listened.

So what? So what if I wasn’t ‘careful?’

Clark strode across the room, looking for anything that might tell him where Tess was now.

I can’t always play it safe. She’s still missing. She could be dead!

Clark stopped in his tracks. He really hadn’t let himself think of that possibility, always assuming Tess was alive, just in trouble or unable to contact them. What if she was dead?

If she’s dead, it’s my fault. I let her die. I didn’t save her.
                            Love this part!

Comment

I love the update I hope Clark will find Tess soon... or maybe she'll find him? PPMS

Comment

Great update. I like that Clark was really concerned for Tess.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎