Invincible

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invincible

Title: Invincible
    Pairing: Cless! Starts off Clois, though.
    Rating: PG-13 (...cause I'm paranoid.)
    Summary: When Lex finds a way to bring back his memories, and his half-sister, he remembers Superman’s identity. And what’s the best way to stop a hero? Kill the person they love the most. With Lois gone, Tess must help Clark to become the hero he was meant to be.

So...yeah. I’m attempting to write a Cless story.
    It starts after the Finale and goes on from there, and it will probably be somewhat long. I hope you all like it~
    This is my first real attempt at writing fanfiction, so... comments are appreciated.
    Note: at the beginning of each chapter, I’m going to post song lyrics. Feel free to guess what song they are from~

Chapter 1

Your promises, they look like lies,
    Your honesty, like a back that hides a knife.
    I promise you, promise you.
    I am finally free.

There was darkness closing in around her, and pain, but Tess knew that she had done the right thing. She’d saved Clark by taking Lex’s memories of the Blur’s identity, and everything else that made Lex who he was. And the agony of the knife in her body was slowly fading, replaced by... nothing. Just darkness. Peace.

Freedom.

Her only regret was that she hadn’t been able to say goodbye to anyone. The justice league, for one. Oliver. Chloe. Emil. Even Lois. They’d accepted her, eventually, and let her be part of the team. She’d found her redemption there, she’d thought. But mostly, she wanted to see Clark again. She wanted to let him know what his support had meant to her, after all she’d done. But her Luthor heritage had won out- she wasn’t destined to be one of the heroes. And since she had tried, there was nowhere else to go but into death.

Clark... you meant more to me than anyone. I did this for you.

Then there were only shadows and nothingness.

He looked out at a broken, twisted sky, orange and red and black. Shadows played across the clouds and it looked like embers were glowing in the heavens. A dark, unknown... something covered the sun, and he couldn’t help thinking it must be a planet. But... that would be impossible... wouldn’t it?

...How did I get here?

The man stumbled back from the window, wanting to turn away from the wrongness of the fiery light outside and yet somehow fascinated. Tearing his gaze away from the unnatural sky, he found himself in an office of some kind, in front of a desk.

...Who am I?

Off-balance but refusing to panic, he looked down at the desk. There was a small, crumpled piece of paper lying in front of him, looking like someone had written on it very quickly and urgently. And what scared him was that somehow, even though he’d never even seen the note before, he knew it was his handwriting.

Your name is Lex Luthor, it read. Your memories were removed by a neurotoxin. Go to the Luthor mansion in Smallville. Under it is a lab, a branch of 33.1, where you will find all the answers you need.

By the end of the note the handwriting seemed to trail off, like whoever was writing had stopped before they could quite finish. And it was clear to Lex that it must have been him who wrote the note, in order to try to help himself after his memory was gone. But... how did he know he was going to lose his memory? And why did he have so little time to write the note?

Still a bit disoriented, Lex headed to the door. The best thing now would be to listen to his former self and find this lab under the Luthor mansion. If there was any chance that he could get his memories back, he would. As he walked around the desk and across the room, he stopped short at the sight of someone lying on the ground in front of him. With that much blood gone, he knew there was no way the woman could be alive. Still, something about her seemed... familiar. The red-haired woman was almost certainly connected to his past- he just had no idea how, or why.

Without really thinking about it, Lex hit a button on the side of his desk.

Huh...I guess the things I knew are still in there, somewhere.

The button was probably some sort of buzzer or alert. Sure enough, less than a minute later the door to the office opened and a tall, powerful-looking man walked through. His dark hair was cut like he was in the military, and as he entered he glanced down at the woman’s body but made no outward sign that it was anything out of the ordinary. “Mr. Luthor?” he inquired. “You called?”

Apparently, I have minions...

“Yes,” Lex replied, his voice automatically sounding businesslike and confident. Hopefully, he wouldn’t need to actually call the man by his name during the conversation. “I need to get to 33.1, under the Luthor mansion.”

He glanced down at the woman on the floor. “And bring her body,” he added.
    Last edited by Firesong; 06-25-2011, 07:24 AM.

Very good beginning, when is your next update?

And what you thing of my story, I trying to write a Cless story, but with my own version of Superman.

It is in the mature section of the Forum, as is called Prometheus, Sleepingbeaty convince me to posted it.
    Last edited by Leland Adama; 06-25-2011, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I'm not sure how often I'll be updating but I'll try to do it soon~

And I'm sorry, I don't read any stories in the mature section. Otherwise I'd love to see what you've written~

Comment

Great start...
        thats the way I will imagine it too...Tess will come alive again..*yay*..she will right ?
        ..Lex will do that...I hope..

please update soon cant wait to see what happens next and how Clark falls for Tess

Comment

Glad to see another Cless story! I have to dust mine off and get to writing and post it

Comment

Please update soon I'm loving the premise of the story so far. Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by rebakathy
              Glad to see another Cless story! I have to dust mine off and get to writing and post it
              please do! the more cless stories the better

Comment

Why no post oneshot with more of 5000 words or mini story of 10000 to 30000 words?

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingBeauty
                  Great start...
                  thats the way I will imagine it too...Tess will come alive again..*yay*..she will right ?
                  ..Lex will do that...I hope..

please update soon cant wait to see what happens next and how Clark falls for Tess
                  Thanks~
                  I'll probably update later today~

Originally posted by rebakathy
                  Thanks! And I hope you post yours, I can't wait to see what your story's like~

Originally posted by tessmerceryoubamf
                  Please update soon I'm loving the premise of the story so far. Good job!
                  Thank you!

Comment

Okay. Updating! Sorry it's a little later than I thought it would be.

I do believe in the light,
                    Lift your hands toward the sky.
                    The fight is done,
                    The war is won,
                    Lift your hands toward the sun.
                    It was quiet in space. For once, Clark shut out the sounds of the planet below and simply floated, high above the Earth, watching Apokolips grow smaller and smaller in the distance, no longer drawn to his home world by the pull of the darkness. The sun was a hundred times stronger out of the atmosphere and Clark felt that he could do absolutely anything.

I did it. I became their hero.

And he could finally, after so long, fly.

After a few moments Clark turned his attention back to Earth and shot down towards the planet. He needed to regroup the justice league, and he’d deal with any residual disasters caused by Apokolips.

As if on cue, his superhearing picked up Oliver’s voice. He must have known Clark would hear him. “Clark- meet up at Watchtower. We have a problem.”

The hope and happiness that had filled Clark when he’d finally defeated Darkseid and the rogue planet suddenly faded a bit. What if one of their team had gotten hurt? What if Lois had gotten hurt?

About a second later Clark blurred into Watchtower. Oliver wasn’t there yet, and neither was anyone else. The sun created flickering shadows and beams of light on the floor as it shone through the stained-glass window. It was peaceful here, a contrast to the chaos that had enveloped the whole world only a few minutes before.

A loud clang shattered the stillness of Watchtower as Oliver pushed the doors open and crossed the room. “Tess is still missing,” he began, getting straight to the point. “I talked to Chloe, who’s still in Star City, and she said that she picked something up on one of the satellites. Apparently, Tess’s last known location was in LuthorCorp Plaza. Clark, you need to find her. I’d go myself, but you’re faster- especially now that you aren’t confined to ground transportation only.”

Clark’s eyes narrowed. “I found Lex at the Luthor Mansion. Oliver, Tess must know he’s alive.”

“What??”

Both Clark and Oliver turned to see Lois standing in the doorway of Watchtower, her eyes wide. “Lex is what??” she repeated, then strode across the room to the others. “Clark! Is this another one of those clone things because that was really—“

“Lois, calm down. Wait, how did you know we were—“

“I assumed you were here and I couldn’t reach Oliver on his cell, so—“

“Hey, it was for a legitimate reason, Lois! I was talking to Chloe about—“

“—so I just came here as soon as Air Force One landed. And before I get interrupted again, Clark, what on earth is going on?”

Oliver muttered something unintelligible about interruptions and certain people, while Clark attempted to explain. “Before I left to stop Darkseid I went to the Luthor Mansion, where we thought Lionel had taken Tess. I didn’t find her, but Lex was there. He’s a clone, yes, but this time he’s not aging too quickly. It’s as if he’s the real Lex.”

“He knows everything? Clark, does he know who you really are?”

“Yes. And Chloe managed to track Tess after we lost her—the last place she was seen was at LuthorCorp Plaza.”

“I think she went to confront Lex,” Oliver added, “and we haven’t heard from her since.”

“Well then, go find her, Superman,” said Lois. She leaned up to kiss Clark quickly then pushed him toward the door. “Go on, do your flying thing.”

“...Superman???”

Lois smirked. “I’ll fill you in when you get back. Go find Tess. And be careful! Lex knows your weakness.”

Clark nodded then disappeared in a flash of red and blue.

“Superman, huh?” Oliver laughed, but his expression quickly faded back to one of worry. Tess was part of the team now, and they both hoped that Clark would find her, before it was too late.
                    Last edited by Firesong; 06-27-2011, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Like it so far, keep it up!

Comment

Yes, great update.

Comment

cool update!

Comment

Loving the story so far. I really liking your take on what happened after finale and can't wait to see what will happen next.

Comment

loving it ! i like how you are continuing from the finale keeps everything simple so to speak update soon

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎