No announcement yet.

Chuck Season 5 first spoilers, including premiere episode title

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Season 5 first spoilers, including premiere episode title

Chuck | What do we know thus far about the return of NBC’s spy comedy? For one, Season 5 is also its final season. Also, we know that there will be 13 (and only 13) episodes, to air Fridays at 8. Oh, and now there’s this: TVLine has learned that the season premiere is titled “Chuck vs. the Zoom.” The zoom, hmm? As in zoom lens? As in those TV kids in the striped shirts from P.O. Box 354, Boston, Mass.? No, and nope. All series co-creator Chris Fedak will say for now is, “The zoom is a very dangerous secret.” It’s also a helluva fitness workout. What?

Also rumor (and I've yet to see it confirmed) says the show will be returning October 21st.

It has now been confirmed:
    FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21
    8 pm Chuck

Full NBC announcement of premiere dates
    Last edited by KSiteTV; 07-10-2011, 07:17 PM. Reason: Posted this on KSiteTV. PLEASE link to KSiteTV for this sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
      It has now been confirmed:
      FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21
      8 pm Chuck

Full NBC announcement of premiere dates
      I'm very glad that Chuck and Supernatural will be on the same nights, and staggered time-wise, but it will be so weird to sit down to watch the Chuck premiere - [@ 7p CST]; while that night's Supernatural - [@8p CST] - will be the 5th aired ep of it's season (S7).

Comment

Everyone most likely already heard Mark Hamill will be on next season. Well, so is Carrie Anne-Moss. So we have Luke Skywalker and Trinity in the 5th season of Chuck.

This Carrie Anne-Moss' role:
        The former Ms. Trinity will have a multi-episode arc as Gertrude Verbanski, “a former spy who now runs Verbanski Corp, the chief rival of Chuck’s new spy company. She’s ruthless and deadly, yet she also has a weak spot for one John Casey — her old rival.”

Comment

I saw that news and think it's pretty interesting casting.

There's also this tidbit:
          Craig Kilborn as villain?

and this from Ausiello:
          Question: How does the Buy More fit into this season’s Chuck? —Gabe
          Ausiello: Chuck’s now the owner, which means “when his spy agency isn’t doing well, the Buy More might be the only profit center for his company,” explains exec producer Chris Fedak. “It’s important that the Buy More does well, so Chuck’s trying to figure out a way to make it into a successful store.” His first priority: Creating an awesome promotional campaign. “There’s a new commercial with the face of the Buy More, Captain Awesome,” says Fedak. “He’s the most successful salesman Chuck knows.” He’s certainly better than the store’s previous spokesmodel, as viewers will discover firsthand. Reveals Fedak: “We see the original Buy More commercial that Big Mike starred in back in 1981.”

A Big Mike 80's commercial? Can't wait to see that!

Comment

I'm looking forward to Chuck returning. Looks like I'll have something to watch in place of Smallvillle on Friday.

Comment

more casting news:
              Justin Hartley on Chuck

and a bit of fluff from Ausiello, not really that spoilery but still:
              Question: Any scoop on Chuck? —Dani
              Ausiello: Chuck and Sarah are taking full advantage of their new professional autonomy, particularly when it comes to the design and look of their new spy shingle. I hear the offices of Charmichael Industries will look like the cool rec room you always wanted as a kid but never had. We’re talking pinball machines, candy-filled jars and other kitschy goodness. It’s the kind of set-up that would make General Beckman lose her will to live, so it’s probably best she’s only around part-time this season.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎