Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is Homecoming still the Best Season 10 Episode?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is Homecoming still the Best Season 10 Episode?

For the last episode "Finale" some many people had mixed feelings, some were extremely negative. But when the 200th episode hit, it was almost a unanimous decision that that was one of the best episodes of Smallville that we had seen in a long time.

So does Homecoming still rule supreme as the best Season 10 episode post Series Finale?

In my opinion, the answer is yes. The reason "Finale" is not the best of the 22 episodes, is because when I mention Finale, I am talking about both hours; the first hour to me does not quite fit in with the other. Homecoming overall is the better episode. It almost left it up to the imagination what was going to happen with the rest of the season. And Clark's trip to 2017 was much more gratifying for me then the "Finale" flash forward to 2018.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

To me Finale part 1 is one of the worst episodes in the series. Homecomming is without a doubt one of the best in the series but to me Finale part 2 is the best of the series mainly because ive waited so long for it and flight and the suit.

Comment

I have watched "Homecoming" more than the finale, except for the last few minutes of it. As a whole, I vote "Homecoming" as better than the finale. IMHO I wish the finale started off as part 2 then went into the future where we could see Superman, but of course, that's what most wanted to see and didn't get it.

ATRO

Comment

Originally posted by Nimkong
        To me Finale part 1 is one of the worst episodes in the series. Homecomming is without a doubt one of the best in the series but to me Finale part 2 is the best of the series mainly because ive waited so long for it and flight and the suit.
        Agreed.

Comment

Finale was only good for the last 5-10 minutes. Homecoming was good for it's whole hour.

Comment

People simply wanted the finale to be Superman thats all.

If Homecoming was the series finale, people would complain about it too.

Comment

to me Homecoming was never the best season 10 episode so...

Comment

Originally posted by Khal El Jr
                People simply wanted the finale to be Superman thats all.

If Homecoming was the series finale, people would complain about it too.
                That's a very interesting point. For me, if Homecoming was the finale, I would love it. The main reason I would like it more is because it would be entirety about Smallville's end and what a hero really means rather than a start to Superman's Career.

Why the finale was not like Homecoming for me is because in Homecoming, the Superman bit was better. Clark was able to see himself in action, as did we: he blurred in the sky flew to the explosion and saved the day before we could blink. It was like he was never there, it was left up to my imagination of what Superman would look like.

I am a "one way or another" type guy and when I saw the CGI Superman in Finale, I was crushed. Not about the CGI itself, but at the fact that TBTB wasted valuable time ending a ten year run trying to pull the wool over my eyes just so we can see Superman. It was not worth it to me, I would have rather them not have done it at all until the iconic final shot of the series. Either go all the way with the costume or don't do it whatsoever.

Homecoming was not about seeing Superman, it was about understanding that if Clark could put all the obstacles in his way behind him and believe in himself, he would become Superman. And that is way better than anything they could have shown in Finale.

Unrelated Side Note: I like in the promos for Finale the tagline was the word "Believe" like trying to tell the audience to believe in Superman. We already do believe. Know why? Because if we didn't, we would not watch the show If anyone needs to believe in Superman, it's Clark, I mean that's what the show is about.
                Last edited by Overcast 86; 06-30-2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Finale Part 2 is the best episode, Homecoming is the 2nd best.

Comment

Originally posted by Overcast 86
                    Homecoming was not about seeing Superman, it was about understanding that if Clark could put all the obstacles in his way behind him and believe in himself, he would become Superman. And that is way better than anything they could have shown in Finale.
                    "Homecoming" had exceptionally good writing, especially the dialogue. It really hit home as a character study. What was said and done felt really genuine and rewarding. Finding out the first hour of the Finale was just about the wedding and make both Lois and Clark doubt themselves with poor decision making and backpedaling was just painful to watch.

I think the Superman bits in the seconds hour were the best parts of the whole two parter but I would have prefered to see the actor in the real suit. The Finale also had confusing bits like the comic book, Lex's mindwipe and Clark still acting like the Blur that drop it's points below "Homecoming".

Comment

I just wish that there were more episodes like Homecoming throughout season 10 Then maybe I would've taken the Finale more seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎