No announcement yet.

Samuel Colt created Ruby's knife!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel Colt created Ruby's knife!

So, apparently, Gamble thought of an origin for Ruby's knife...a creation by Samuel Colt, most likely before he started to even create guns(which was a good idea, imo).

During the Nashville convention, Guy Bee mentioned a deleted scene from "Frontierland" with Colt pulling out the knife to show Sam.

Makes it interesting that Colt created a demon-killing weapon before guns really existed.

1.) I wonder if we'll be seeing another western-theme episode now

and

2.) I wonder how/when Ruby received the knife

Thanks for sharing I hope we get to see that deleted scene on the season 6 DVD

But Im still curious how Samuel Colt was able to make something so powerful. As Lucifer said the Colt was capable of killing everything but 5 things of all of existance. Thats quite the wide variety

Comment

Eh, I've kinda grown to accept the fact that the knife's origins were never explained. I always theorized Ruby just made it using magic seeing as how she was a witch and now a demon she knew how to kill them (as seen in "Jus In Bello"). That's what I was goin with.

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
        Thanks for sharing I hope we get to see that deleted scene on the season 6 DVD

But Im still curious how Samuel Colt was able to make something so powerful. As Lucifer said the Colt was capable of killing everything but 5 things of all of existance. Thats quite the wide variety
        Funny thing about those five things is that I was thinking about it, and I wonder if those 5 things are more aware during the Apocalypse, since the Colt didn't kill the Devil, as in...God, angels(archangels included), Horsemen(Death included), the Whore of Babylon and a(or any, if Lucifer intended for an army) Cambion. That would make the most sense, imo, since the Apocalypse was meant to be unstoppable, and none of them(besides God, who wasn't even involved) actually died, except for the Whore, who had to die a specific way.

Originally posted by Kar.
        Eh, I've kinda grown to accept the fact that the knife's origins were never explained. I always theorized Ruby just made it using magic seeing as how she was a witch and now a demon she knew how to kill them (as seen in "Jus In Bello"). That's what I was goin with.
        I always imagined Ruby making it herself as well, but, it may make sense, granted if they kept the scene intact, as in the demons could've gone after the Colt, but since they couldn't find it, perhaps Ruby, as one of the demons, took the knife for herself. But, if this doesn't show up as a deleted scene in the DVD set, then perhaps they decided to keep the knife's origin a mystery as Kripke intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Kar.
          I always assumed it was Ruby who made the knife because she was a witch. She also knew how to fix the colt, too.

Comment

I saw the news about the deleted scene as well and was thrilled we finally got to hear the origin (sort of) of Ruby's knife. Another weapon created by Colt? That's pretty cool.

While I did assume that Ruby had created the knife using her witch or demon powers, this is better. Colt is the go-to man for weaponry that defeats all that is evil.

As for how Ruby got the knife...that's another story would love to know (my personal head canon theory? The knife got passed on to another hunter or hunters who eventually came into contact with demon!Ruby who either took it after she killed the hunter or she made a deal to get it from the then current holder).

Would also love to know how Colt knew how to make stuff that would kill all these things? Where'd he get the skills/knowledge? So much wonderful backstory that could be told! (Perhaps Samuel Colt should have his own mini series in comic book form?)

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
              I saw the news about the deleted scene as well and was thrilled we finally got to hear the origin (sort of) of Ruby's knife. Another weapon created by Colt? That's pretty cool.

While I did assume that Ruby had created the knife using her witch or demon powers, this is better. Colt is the go-to man for weaponry that defeats all that is evil.

As for how Ruby got the knife...that's another story would love to know (my personal head canon theory? The knife got passed on to another hunter or hunters who eventually came into contact with demon!Ruby who either took it after she killed the hunter or she made a deal to get it from the then current holder).

Would also love to know how Colt knew how to make stuff that would kill all these things? Where'd he get the skills/knowledge? So much wonderful backstory that could be told! (Perhaps Samuel Colt should have his own mini series in comic book form?)
              It's too bad the spin-off will never happen, I think it would have been awesome. Imagine a serious, dark and gritty Supernatural-styled Western (still pissed we didn't get that in "Frontierland"), I'd definitely tune in.

Comment

I absolutely loved frontierland, it's one of my all time favourite episodes, and it will always be a CLASSIC episode!

Comment

I enjoyed "Frontierland", it wasn't bad at all. But it was too cheesy for my taste, I know that was the point, and sometimes it's good (like the High Noon duel, loved that scene) but overall the episode was a bit over-the-top in my opinion. The episode focused more on being funny than being badass, and I think that was a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by The Magnificent One
                    I enjoyed "Frontierland", it wasn't bad at all. But it was too cheesy for my taste, I know that was the point, and sometimes it's good (like the High Noon duel, loved that scene) but overall the episode was a bit over-the-top in my opinion. The episode focused more on being funny than being badass, and I think that was a mistake.
                    Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Magnificent One
                      As always, an episode of Supernatural had both elements, which is the typical. I mean, Samuel Colt was a badass and the scenes he was in showed it. Sure, there was some light-heartedness to it, but I think it was definitely needed, especially with the uphill battle of Sam and Dean trying to become the brothers they were back in seasons one and two; now having beat the Apocalypse and gotten Sam's soul back, the series was trying to show the fans how they're trying to get back to that state, and overall it work. Plus, even the duel was badass. I mean...Dean finally using the Colt brought me back to when he killed Azazel, which was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                        As always, an episode of Supernatural had both elements, which is the typical. I mean, Samuel Colt was a badass and the scenes he was in showed it. Sure, there was some light-heartedness to it, but I think it was definitely needed, especially with the uphill battle of Sam and Dean trying to become the brothers they were back in seasons one and two; now having beat the Apocalypse and gotten Sam's soul back, the series was trying to show the fans how they're trying to get back to that state, and overall it work. Plus, even the duel was badass. I mean...Dean finally using the Colt brought me back to when he killed Azazel, which was awesome.
                        Definitely, and combining those elements is what makes Supernatural great. But I would have preferred a much darker tone for that episode. Having the classic spaghetti western music and the High Noon duel, I of course wanted stuff like that, and yes Dean using the colt was awesome. I disagree that the light-heartedness was needed, my choice would have been darker and more subtle comedy for this one. But hey, that's just me. For me, a Supernatural Western could have been so much better.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎