No announcement yet.

Dc renumbering confirmed!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rival X The Great
    i love damien. Glad Bruce has a true heir to the throne. And it was by Talia in which who I love by the way. Brulia is the best couple besides Clois.
    Love the dynamic between father and son too, but what will happen to Tim Drake?

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
    I think the whole 'reboot' is selective. they are wiping clean storylines that are contrived while keeping some of their easier to follow stories. here's an example: they are getting rid of the Dick Grayson being batman storyline to make sure that people dont ask why there are two batmen, all the while they are keeping Damien as Robin and telling us that he is Bruce's child from Talia al Ghul. I wanted Dick to stay Batman, I really did, but I really wanted to end that horrible Batman inc storyline. my gosh it was horrible.

I dont want two batman so im glad with this change.
    Last edited by BlueRanger; 06-06-2011, 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Tim Drake has found his place in the Red Robin. So I hope they continue with him being that.

Comment

Brulia is the best couple besides Clois.
        I have to heavily disagree. You actually see Clark and Lois' relationship grow to the point where they get married and you see how great they work as a couple.

Usually Talia uses manipulation (either via her father or herself) to trick Batman into relationships. I got no sense for why they fell in love in the story where Damien was concieved, and to top it off, they're not even currently together. They're not even a couple. They're never a couple for more than a few months.

My dislike for Damien is separate from that. I haven't really read him since his initial appearance, but he seemed like the stereotypical "trained-from-birth" killer, a trope I'm tired of (I skipped the movie Hanna). And Talia kind of shoved him in Batman's lap, and he ended up becoming Robin. Tim Drake, on the other hand, proved himself by using his self-taught detective skills to deduce that Bruce Wayne was Batman, and then had a great mini-series where he trained to become Robin.

I'm all for characters aging and passing the torch - except that DC and Marvel suffer from soap opera aging, where kid characters age rapidly but the adults stay the same age. Dick as Batman was something that some people may have liked, but that story seemed like a retread because he already briefly became Batman after Bruce's back was broken in the 90's - plus I thought the whole idea of Nightwing was that Dick stepped out of his shadow to become his own man. Tim Drake has seen himself as Batman twice in the future. There's almost a Darth Vader-like quality to him becoming Batman because it's specifically something he doesn't want but sees that he ends up needing to become him. But becoming Red Robin? It feels like the way they gave Wally West the shaft by just making him 2nd Flash. Damien? Oh, he'll just grow up to become Batman. Lazy, lazy writing. Give me even Terry McGuinness, who was great the way he earned the mantle on Batman Beyond.

That's why I wish this was a true reboot. But that's just my opinion.
        Last edited by j03superbat; 06-07-2011, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by j03superbat
          I have to heavily disagree. You actually see Clark and Lois' relationship grow to the point where they get married and you see how great they work as a couple.

Usually Talia uses manipulation (either via her father or herself) to trick Batman into relationships. I got no sense for why they fell in love in the story where Damien was concieved, and to top it off, they're not even currently together. They're not even a couple. They're never a couple for more than a few months.

My dislike for Damien is separate from that. I haven't really read him since his initial appearance, but he seemed like the stereotypical "trained-from-birth" killer, a trope I'm tired of (I skipped the movie Hanna). And Talia kind of shoved him in Batman's lap, and he ended up becoming Robin. Tim Drake, on the other hand, proved himself by using his self-taught detective skills to deduce that Bruce Wayne was Batman, and then had a great mini-series where he trained to become Robin.

I'm all for characters aging and passing the torch - except that DC and Marvel suffer from soap opera aging, where kid characters age rapidly but the adults stay the same age. Dick as Batman was something that some people may have liked, but that story seemed like a retread because he already briefly became Batman after Bruce's back was broken in the 90's - plus I thought the whole idea of Nightwing was that Dick stepped out of his shadow to become his own man. Tim Drake has seen himself as Batman twice in the future. There's almost a Darth Vader-like quality to him becoming Batman because it's specifically something he doesn't want but sees that he ends up needing to become him. But becoming Red Robin? It feels like the way they gave Wally West the shaft by just making him 2nd Flash. Damien? Oh, he'll just grow up to become Batman. Lazy, lazy writing. Give me even Terry McGuinness, who was great the way he earned the mantle on Batman Beyond.

That's why I wish this was a true reboot. But that's just my opinion.

You really should look at Morrison's Batman run in it's entirety it subverts so much of the expectations of Dick as Batman Morrison almost goes meta he says Batman is not a man but an idea yet still makes Bruce the most important factor in it and Damian himself who has slowly become a complex character he is not an arrogant young kid he is overcompensating and was raised by killers. Morrison's last arc of Batman and Robin even his appearances in stuff like Batgirl really showed how much more there is to him.

With the news that Morrison's Batman still happened and will be finished at a later date as well as Damian being safe as Robin I can actually look forward to some of these new titles.

Batman and Robin with Bruce and Damian looks interesting. Justice League looks like it will finally be a must read just a shame it took Geoff Johns writing to make it one. Others that look good are Wonder Woman. Flash. Justice League International. Firestorm. Swamp Thing. Animal Man. Green Arrow. Batgirl.

Comment

I really don't like Morrison's run on Batman. They only thing i like is that he brough damien back into the picture.

Comment

I dont like any of the Grant Morrison stuff at all, thats the truth. I dont like Damien either.

But Dc just confirmed that Nightwing is coming back...i'll take it since they are leaving his time as batman in tact but its also great that he's going back as his own man. I really dont like that the reboot is selective. so characters like wonder woman and superman are getting rebooted but batman and green lantern are staying the same? its not really a reboot for dc at all. its them getting rid of horrible stories they couldnt fix from the past year.

----- Added 47 Seconds later -----

Also Jason todd is getting his own run as the red hood called Red Hood and the Outlaws
              Last edited by Theshadow129x; 06-07-2011, 09:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

so how will Superman will be rebooted. Will him and Lois still be married. They can't be screwing up the clois man.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
                  I dont like any of the Grant Morrison stuff at all, thats the truth. I dont like Damien either.

But Dc just confirmed that Nightwing is coming back...i'll take it since they are leaving his time as batman in tact but its also great that he's going back as his own man. I really dont like that the reboot is selective. so characters like wonder woman and superman are getting rebooted but batman and green lantern are staying the same? its not really a reboot for dc at all. its them getting rid of horrible stories they couldnt fix from the past year.

----- Added 47 Seconds later -----

Also Jason todd is getting his own run as the red hood called Red Hood and the Outlaws

It was not called a reboot by DC at all Bob Wayne VP of Sales in his open letter said it was not. It makes sense that Morrison's Batman and Johns' Green Lantern are unaffected since unlike so many other properties these two have been on their books for over five years and made so much progress with the characters.

Comment

in some instances it is a reboot. with what they are doing to wonder woman and superman to make them seem upddated for todays audience, it is one. at least thats how i view it. but like i said the rest is selective. some things they are wiping clean the others they are leaving the same.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

so how will Superman will be rebooted. Will him and Lois still be married. They can't be screwing up the clois man.
                    we dont know yet. we just know they are updating the costume and making him younger to attach to todays crowd.
                    Last edited by Theshadow129x; 06-07-2011, 10:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Flashpoint is basically a certain Flash villain going back in time and messing with the timestream. This "reorganizes" the DC Universe into something way different than what we've come to expect. Clearly, the resolution to this series will be Flash defeating the villain, but unable to put the timestream back together perfectly and exactly the way it was. We're going to end up with something "close", but it will be totally new.

In this way, they can probably get away with starting their stories wherever they want. Hawkman can be an origin story, but Batman doesn't have to be. A reboot sort of implies that they are starting everyone over from origin. That's not what this appears to be. It's a totally new status quo. Since it's all due to some tinkering in the time stream, this new status quo can be as close to or as far away from the old status quo as they want.

Is it sad that I am painfully bored by all of this?
                      Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 06-07-2011, 10:30 AM.

Comment

not really. i find it really stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexfromLubbock
                          You really should look at Morrison's Batman run in it's entirety it subverts so much of the expectations of Dick as Batman Morrison almost goes meta he says Batman is not a man but an idea yet still makes Bruce the most important factor in it and Damian himself who has slowly become a complex character he is not an arrogant young kid he is overcompensating and was raised by killers. Morrison's last arc of Batman and Robin even his appearances in stuff like Batgirl really showed how much more there is to him.
                          That's specifically the part that bothers me a lot. I've read a lot of stories focused on or involving someone who was raised by killers or raised from birth to be a killer. There are a lot of cliches in fiction, and I think I've been way too overexposed to that one.

Grant Morrison's work himself is hit or miss with me. Love All-Star Superman. Befuddled by Final Crisis.
                          Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                          Flashpoint is basically a certain Flash villain going back in time and messing with the timestream. This "reorganizes" the DC Universe into something way different than what we've come to expect. Clearly, the resolution to this series will be Flash defeating the villain, but unable to put the timestream back together perfectly and exactly the way it was. We're going to end up with something "close", but it will be totally new.

In this way, they can probably get away with starting their stories wherever they want. Hawkman can be an origin story, but Batman doesn't have to be. A reboot sort of implies that they are starting everyone over from origin. That's not what this appears to be. It's a totally new status quo. Since it's all due to some tinkering in the time stream, this new status quo can be as close to or as far away from the old status quo as they want.
                          Oh, so like Zero Hour.

Comment

That's specifically the part that bothers me a lot. I've read a lot of stories focused on or involving someone who was raised by killers or raised from birth to be a killer. There are a lot of cliches in fiction, and I think I've been way too overexposed to that one.

Grant Morrison's work himself is hit or miss with me. Love All-Star Superman. Befuddled by Final Crisis.

Oh, so like Zero Hour.
                            The thing is none of those cliches come up and are ignored quickly by the third issue he changes his ways I've also seen Hanna he acts nothing like that character or how similar characters do.

Comment

Oh, so like Zero Hour.
                              I feel like the same thing happened with Infinite Crisis, too. It almost makes me happy that WB plans to treat all their heroes as existing in their own unique little worlds. If the comic book company where all these heroes originate can't keep their own universe going for more than a couple years without having to pull this garbage, I have little faith that the movie division could keep anything remotely coherent in play.

Comment

i actually liked one year later after infinite crisis. it was a huge jumping in point for new readers to understand the characters and their motivations. if this renumbering is anything like that then im all in. I completely loved Geoff Johns up up and away for Superman. really good run he had with that series.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎