No announcement yet.

Dc renumbering confirmed!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rival X The Great
    i agree. The thing with the undies she was sexy but strong at the same time. She looks like a biker chick.
    Not only that, but I didn't like the way it was drawn either. I hope that's just cover art.

Comment

i agree. The thing with the undies she was sexy but strong at the same time. She looks like a biker chick.
      I have to agree with these, strong, sexy and iconic at the same time. If DC want to cover up, the problem is for the most part the top half, not the bottom half unless its zattanna.

Comment

I read that the revamp of the DC Universe was intended to make these characters more relatable to today's comic book readers. I also read from other people's discussions on the subject that we would be getting potentially less of Clark Kent and more just Superman, which is apparently something that has been going on lately in the comics in any case. Maybe it's just me, but I think if they want to make characters more relatable, they should show more of their lives, rather than focusing just on the hero duties.

Obviously that's the main draw, but I think it might serve them well to find a good balance between the hero life and to a lesser extent the home/work life of their alter egos (in the case of Bruce, Clark, etc).

I'm not suggesting the Smallville way with overuse of relationship drama and love triangles, but personal character development outside of hero stuff would be interesting to see. I'm not a big comic reader but that was just a thought I had.

Comment

Question. Are still going to continue the main series for the old generation readers? Or are they going to smack us in the face.

Comment

Question. Are still going to continue the main series for the old generation readers? Or are they going to smack us in the face.
            Most likely the second option from what is being said about it right now

Comment

I think I am one of the folks that this reboot is supposed to be aimed at, I only read TPBs because jumping in to single issues it is too hard to understand the backstories.

That said, I think this is a terrible idea, and I will not be supporting it. I like trying to understand the Crisis' and Blackest Night and all of the convoluted storytelling. I have no interest in starting over.

I think this may go as far as hurting DC's sales of the old stuff. I plan to finally buy "The Return of Bruce Wayne" next weekend, but if it is a meaningless story, then what is the point?

Comment

So they say its not a Reboot, just a new DCU,

wtf is the difference?

Comment

Someone explain to me what is this DC reboot??? I've been reading about it for the past 6 months and I still don't get it.

Is it a actual DC universe reboot kinda like Marvel's Ultimate series? Cuz that's what I thought it was when Superman Earth One came out.

But now IGN.com has announced DC details about Bruce and Damian Wayne as Batman and Robin in the new reboot for "Batman and Robin #1". So if it's a reboot, Bruce Wayne shouldn't be Batman yet and Damian doesn't exist rite?

If it's just a renumbering of every comic to #1... how is that going to attract a new generation of readers and comic book fans??? And why would old loyal fans be pissed off at just a different numbering system if the content is just the same continuity...

Someone explain please o.O

Comment

let me just reiterate this point: this is the launch of the New DCU. It is not a “reboot.” I think you will soon discover why that is.
                    I get the impression that the ways in which all the current storylines wrap up might have something to do with how this new DCU comes about.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharingan
                      If it's just a renumbering of every comic to #1... how is that going to attract a new generation of readers and comic book fans???
                      Because if a new reader sees an issue with the number #1 on it, they assume it's the beginning of a new story, so they don't have to have any pre-existing knowledge.

I love the DC Universe, but one of its biggest problems is that to at all understand it is you have to go through all the Crises. I've tried to get my friends interested, but to read some of the great stories of this decade (the ones I recommend anyway, like Identity Crisis), they have to trudge through two decades of Crisis-related stories to understand it. Some of my friends are willing to do it since I have most of the trades, but others would rather just pick up a random Spider-Man trade and go off and read that. It's just not new reader-friendly.

For example, as much as you can say that by bringing Hal Jordan back to life meant a new reader can just start from Green Lantern #1 (vol. 5, of course), Geoff Johns makes constant references to old stories and stuff that predates his run. There are four other human Lanterns too that defy the basic premise of the character (one member of every sector in the universe, 3600 in all, gets a ring). You can say that it's not important how they became Lanterns and just bring them up to speed with a quick caption box, but it's frustrating to have not read it. I've been in that position. And I've spent hundreds of dollars and hours buying trades and reading Wikipedia to catch up on the entire DCU - not everyone is going to want to do that.

The biggest problem with this latest attempt to reboot, is that news is starting to trickle out that implies that even THIS isn't a complete reboot!

Bravo, DC. Ya've done it again. You take a decision that at face value sounds good to me, and ya' mess it up.

Comment

I think the whole 'reboot' is selective. they are wiping clean storylines that are contrived while keeping some of their easier to follow stories. here's an example: they are getting rid of the Dick Grayson being batman storyline to make sure that people dont ask why there are two batmen, all the while they are keeping Damien as Robin and telling us that he is Bruce's child from Talia al Ghul. I wanted Dick to stay Batman, I really did, but I really wanted to end that horrible Batman inc storyline. my gosh it was horrible.

Comment

i'm glad dick grayson's not batman anymore. That mantle belongs to Bruce and only bruce. Dick needs to be Nightwing again. That who he was and who he needs to be. Not still being in Bruce's shadow.

Comment

it was a nice change of pace to have dick as batman. it was a different feeling for the comics. Gordon interacted with Batman differently and it was just nice to have that different mood in the comics.

Comment

I still hate the Damien-as-Bruce's-love child story.

Comment

i love damien. Glad Bruce has a true heir to the throne. And it was by Talia in which who I love by the way. Brulia is the best couple besides Clois.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎