Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dc renumbering confirmed!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feels like it's too soon. I don't really care for the new one either. The New 52 logo wasn't a favorite either when it came up.

My personal favorite:
    [IMG]http://vignette3.*****.nocookie.net/arkhamcity/images/0/0e/DC_Logo.png/revision/latest?cb=20111102054803[/IMG]

Comment

• DC Universe Rebirth #1 was great in my opinion I can't wait to read more from DC.

Comment

• The things I've seen and heard of Rebirth...

Time to read DC again!

Comment

• Definitely an enjoyable read. I felt like Johns was whispering in my ear all the things he didn't like about the New 52. I never read Pandora's series, but I don't think we ever got answers about the ending of Flashpoint, so it's nice that they're opening that back up.

That ending was not something I ever expected.

On another note, I read Convergence this week, and it surprised me how it was so Earth-2-focused. It seemed to have practically zero effect on Earth-0.

Comment

• I have been enjoying the alt-world short series Lois & Clark and I've also ordered and look forward to DC Universe Rebirth #1 and Superman Rebirth #1.

I started reading the DCCU with the begin of the New 52 because it seemed like a good starting point (with everything rebooted) but having been "raised" on Television and Movie Superman, I simply expect Lois Lane to be there and also was a bit wary of the "out there" storylines. This is ironically because you can't do them on TV due to budget reasons, but thus I like my stories more grounded in what feels like a real world.

I'll give the DCCU one more chance with Rebirth, so let's see how that turns out.

Comment

• Geoff Johns said:
              One of our REBIRTH goals: Make Wednesday fun! Something to look forward to. No matter how tough the week was (and can be) new comic book day was and always will be a highlight, in good times and tough times. Like Christmas every week if the books are GREAT!

Comment

• Having just read DC Universe Rebirth #1, I would say DC is on the right track -- not just on how the story played out so far but re: the long-term direction Rebirth seems to be heading.

I agree with most of the reviews praising this direction. Call it what you will -- sunnier, more hopeful, embracing the sense of wonder (and scaling back some of the brooding, cynicism and angst) -- the DCU was probably overdue this sort of "reboot" in tone. And a GA embracing Grell and Adams' influences and restoring the GA/BC connection that both the New 52 and the TV show have largely mishandled -- count me in.

I wasn't really an enthusiastic New 52 follower for a variety of reasons, but if Johns and Co. are able to carry out this new direction, this could be the time I may become a more engaged comics reader again.

I would be very interested in hearing about some of the new Rebirth series that have launched, if anyone has read them yet. I might be starting up with the new Detective Comics for sure (going back to old-school numbering, yesss!), maybe one of the Superman ones and probably GA and the new BOP series coming up later.

Comment

• Titans seems like a book to watch, simply because of Wally. Flash might be as well, but I doubt there's going to be much movement on investigating this new threat until we get closer to an event.

Comment

• Surprised no one has posted in this thread for a while. It was interesting to come back and read your thoughts on these comics vicariously as I don't often buy comics these days, aside for some digital ones (eg. Smallville when it was still being published). Glad to hear the early reactions to Rebirth are positive. Gives me hope for DC. I guess the New52 is like the New Taste Coke of the comics world :P.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vergon6
                      Surprised no one has posted in this thread for a while. It was interesting to come back and read your thoughts on these comics vicariously as I don't often buy comics these days, aside for some digital ones (eg. Smallville when it was still being published). Glad to hear the early reactions to Rebirth are positive. Gives me hope for DC. I guess the New52 is like the New Taste Coke of the comics world :P.
                      I guess it is because we're posting in the "Anyone reading Rebirth?" thread.

Comment

• Oh gotcha. That makes more sense. It was late and I missed that thread.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎