No announcement yet.

Tess was more loyal to Clark then Lex

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tess was more loyal to Clark then Lex

When you think about it Tess was treated wrost by Clark then Lex. He was really nice to Lex. Clark at like he was going to throw Tess off the roof that one time. If Clark would have treated Lex like that i'm sure thier friendship would have been over sooner. Lex would have gotten him back after he found out about green k. Now Clark was really nice to Lex. Hey he even hug him a few times. Lex really did'nt have a reason to betray Clark. Clark was never jacking him up. Ok he push he knock Lex out a couple times during thier friendship but he was trying to protect Lex then. It was either getting knock out by Clark or shot by Pete. For some reason he sent some metahumans to attake his so called friend. Ok now Clark punches Lex in the face. Lex should have never sent somebody to attack his friend. Have he not gone behind his back and did that i'm sure they would have been friends longer. Clark probably would have open up to him about his secreat at some point. Hey if they would have been friends a couple more years Clark just may have told him.
    Now Tess was not treated as good by Clark like her brother was. Wonder what Lex would have done if he knew how Clark treated his sister in season 9. No wait Lex killed his sister so he would'nt care. In the end Tess really was more loyal.

Yes she was more loyal to Clark. She joined the team. Lex would never join the JLA.

Comment

Originally posted by indy1jones2
      Yes she was more loyal to Clark. She joined the team. Lex would never join the JLA.
      There was no JLA when Clark was in highschool.

Comment

The main difference is that Tess was pretty much Clark's enemy before she became his ally. So I guess he had less scruple about being rough with her than with Lex - who was first his friend. I never really understood why Clark treated her so badly in S9 though.
        Anyway, I agree that Tess was more loyal to Clark than Lex. In the end, she would have done anything for him.

Comment

Come to think of it both Clark and Lex treated Tess badly.

Let's not forget Lex used Tess as his "eyes and ears" during the whole time he was incapacitated. He may be her half-brother but still..And then there's Clark, manhandling her several times..he was verbally abusive too on many occasions.

Too be fair, everyone in this show had their fair share of mistreating Tess and yeah, she was more loyal to Clark.

Comment

If I was Lex I would have stayed loyal to Clark. Hey he was a good friend. I would have been ok with him not telling my secreat. If I found out I would just act like I did'nt know. I'll be like I want Clark to tell me when he's ready. Simular to what Chole did. I would have fought along side. I'd take a gold K bullet for him.
            Now if I was Tess I would have got me some green K brass kunckles and kick Clark ass then I would cut off his head. Nobody treantens to throw me off a building and expect me not to get them back.

Comment

Tess wanted Clark to like her. She wanted from day one to be in on his secret and help him. She was deteremined to do that. They didn't start out friends they started out enemies. It wasn't loyalty on her part, it was kind of obsession.

Lex however was loyal to Clark. They were best friends and Clark turned his back on him.

Comment

Tess might have come into the show a little late so she might not have the history with Clark like Lex has with him. So Clark might have jumped to the conclusion that Tess might seem like Lex a little bit because he doesn't know her back story let alone which side she's on at first, so he's trying to decide weather or not she is like Lex only to find out that she's not Lex at all later on in the series like he assumed she would be and turned out to be wrong about her and that is when Clark treats her more equally and more respectfully. So Tess Mercer's loyalty was towards Lex to a point because they are brother and sister, half sister to be honest, but it is when Lana Lang revealed to her that Lex had used her as his eyes and ears that her loyalty had changed from Lex to Clark. So Tess was right to believe in Clark because Lex kills her trying to save her from becoming him when Clark had already saved her before Lex could. "No one has the right to choose who lives and dies. I was beginning to think that you were different than Lex. I was wrong." Clark Kent " The difference is that he turned his back on you. But I still believe. I understand that if everyone was more like you, the world would be a better place. But the truth is that it's out of your hands now. You can't avoid your fate." Tess Mercer
                Last edited by laurarawlins; 03-22-2013, 06:23 PM. Reason: adding more information about Clark and Tess

Comment

I wouldn't say that Clark and Tess were enemies to begin with, I actually see them as associates that turns into a friendship later on due their ever changing relationship with Lex but it starts out extremely rocky at first. so they might not start out as BFFs like Clark and Lex were in the beginning but that doesn't mean they don't turn out to be that way later on because they do in season 10. It may seem to be an obsession on Tess' part trying to be in on Clark's secret, but she's really trying to help him to fulfill his destiny and reach his full potential. In truth Tess is looking for someone to validate her and get her to feel loved because of living without of love for so long and she just wants to be accepted for who she is and that's what Clark wants to is acceptance and he has lived with love so Tess believes that Clark is that person that could validate her the most and accept her and give her back the love she lived without because of his ability to see the good in people. That ultimately leads her into gaining her redemption by erasing Lex's memories so basically she's on the side of good thanks to Clark.

Comment

Lex however was loyal to Clark. They were best friends and Clark turned his back on him.[/QUOTE]

can you honestly blame Clark for that? because a true friend doesn't question your friendship. Sure Clark was secretive and cautious and should've been honest with Lex and trusted Lex with his secret, but if he didn't trust Lex and wasn't honest with Lex then he had a very good reason for it. Lex is not chloe and he proved that to Clark. but Lex should've been a better friend to Clark by actually being his friend instead of obsessing over discovering his secret and trying to be him. You don't pretend to be friends with someone, you either are or you aren't and Lex did his fair share of pretending to be his friend just to investigate him behind his back without his knowledge in secrecy. That would lead anyone to turn anyone's back on any body. Would you turn your back on some one if they were only interested in pretenses? instead of being real friends?
                    Last edited by laurarawlins; 06-18-2013, 01:02 AM. Reason: adding more information on Clark's dishonesty and secrecy, and Lex's pretenses

Comment

They had a bad romance.

Tess was awesome and her relationship with Clark wasn't the best but I enjoyed it almost as much as Clana.

Comment

Originally posted by laurarawlins

can you honestly blame Clark for that? because a true friend doesn't question your friendship. Sure Clark was secretive and cautious and should've been honest with Lex and trusted Lex with his secret, but if he didn't trust Lex and wasn't honest with Lex then he had a very good reason for it. Lex is not chloe and he proved that to Clark. but Lex should've been a better a friend to Clark by actually being his friend instead of obsessing over discovering his secret and trying to be him. You don't pretend to be friends with someone, you either are or you aren't and Lex did his fair share of pretending to be his friend just to investigate him behind his back without his knowledge in secrecy. That would lead anyone to turn anyone's back on any body. Would you turn your back on some one if they were only interested in pretenses? instead of being real friends?
                        I'm not sure if I agree that Clark should have told Lex his secret because they were firends. I never understood the reasoning behind this, and I still don't. The main proof of a true friendship is respect, and that goes in both ways. Truth is Lex never respected Clark's right to privacy as well as Clark never respected Lex either.

IMO, if those two were really friends, they would have had a talk about this, with Lex simply telling Clark he trusted him and his motives whatever they were to keep something from him, and the only thing he would ask was to Clark stop lying to him, and simply honestly telling him, 'Sorry, I can't tell you this' or 'Sorry, I can't explain this'.

But that's not what happened between them. Lex kept pushing, and trying to find out about Clark, even after promising him he wouldn't. This was never true friendship. I'd say only two characters in this show had ever respected Clark enough to never try to find out his secrets, and those were Pete and Lois. Everyone else went behind his back and tried to find it.

I do, however, wants to point out Choe became Clark's true friend when she talked to him about it, and stopped trying to find out the truth. She did what Lex was unable to do, and respected him enough to not go after his secret, even though she had enough reasons to suspect he had one. IMO, that was the moment where she truly became his friend, before that, she was not different than Lex.
                        Last edited by liana; 05-04-2013, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎