No announcement yet.

Be My Baby (A Dirty Dancing Adaption)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be My Baby (A Dirty Dancing Adaption)

Here are two versions of the banner by the always amazing Carol aka ctbn60. Thanks again, Carol!

Here is the video that inspired this story in the first place:

Be My Baby (Clois video)

SUMMARY: Clark Kent is the sexy dance instructor at a resort in the Catskills in the summer of 1963 and Lois Lane is his new student.

SPOILERS: None. This is an AU story all the way.

RATING: PG-13 with a touch of R thrown in. It would not be a gem65 fic otherwise. *winks*

A/N: This is the first time that I will be basing one of my stories on a movie - so some things may seem more than familiar to you. In addition, I will be borrowing from the show as well. After all, this is Dirty Dancing with a Clois twist. Some of the characters as you know them might be a little different from how they are portrayed on Smallville. I should also mention that in this story, Clark is a few years older than Lois is, but she is at least eighteen and of legal age. On a side note, this is my all-time FAVORITE song.

This is an early birthday present to a dear friend of mine. Happy Birthday, Leanne!

This is how I imagine the characters:

Clark Kent - Johnny Castle

Lois Lane - Frances 'Baby' Houseman
    Lucy Lane - Lisa Houseman
    General Sam Lane - Jake Houseman
    Ella Lane - Marjorie Houseman

Perry White - Max Kellerman
    Richard White - Neil Kellerman

Jimmy Olsen - Billy Kostecki (Clark's long-time friend)
    Oliver Queen - Robbie Gould
    Chloe Anne Sullivan - Penny Johnson (Dance instructor)

Lex Luthor - Moe Pressman
    Lana Lang-Luthor - Vivian Pressman

Prologue

One day in the future...

It was the summer of 1963; the summer when everybody called me 'baby'. I really hated that nickname. I don't even recall why I was ever called that - and I'm not even the baby of the family. I wish I had been more vocal about my feelings back then, but that is no longer a problem. Nowadays, the only person allowed to call me 'baby' is Clark. It makes my toes tingle and my insides turn to mush when he whispers it in that husky and sexy voice of his.

Anyway, it was before President Kennedy's assassination, before the Beatles came, and before what would become my all-time favorite band first appeared - which was not until the eighties when I was in my forties. Clark still groans whenever I put Here I go again on the turntable and crank it up. I must confess that I love to do it because I get a kick out of driving him crazy. That's when Clark will get that glint in his eyes and---

Where was I? I was just about to tell you about that summer, but then Clark distracted me by using his kissing prowess. He really is a bad boy. Some things never change - thank goodness.

Let me continue. I couldn't wait to join the Peace Corps. It's hard to believe that that idealistic young girl would end up becoming a world-renowned journalist for the Daily Planet. I also found it hard to believe I would ever find a guy as great as my dad. It was the summer where my life changed forever.

Clark is giving me his bedroom eyes right now because he knows I'm talking about him. Well, if he thinks he's going to have his way with me before I finish this story, he's got another thing com---

He definitely had something 'coming' all right. Would you believe he just whisked me off to our bedroom for two hours of afternoon delight? I have to tell you the man is insatiable. The things he could do with those big, strong hands of his - and don't even get me started with how flexible his body is.

I had better get on with this story before he comes back for some evening delight too - not that I really mind at all...

Mood music: Be My Baby (Clois video) - The Ronettes
    It was early summer and I had big plans to go to New York before entering the Peace Corps. Unfortunately, I was outvoted three to one in favor of spending the summer at a resort in the Catskills. I just knew I was going to go out of my mind. It sounded boring to me. Playing horseshoes and taking dancing lessons was not my idea of a summer vacation. I had the opportunity of going to Madison Square Garden to see Elvis perform in concert, but as usual, the General told us we were going to spend the summer together as a family.

You probably want to know who the General is. Well, that is what I call my father. You see, after he finished college, he went to medical school and became a doctor. Then he decided to practice medicine in the Army. We transferred from one army base to another on a regular basis. I hated it. All I really wanted was to stay in one place. I wanted to go to one school, live in one place, and make friends that would last a lifetime.

Mom never complained about the constant moving because she was also the daughter of a military man, so she was used to the army way of life. Anyway, my Dad automatically became a Captain when he joined and rose steadily in the ranks until he became a General.

I also have a younger sister, Lucy. She can be so annoying at times, but I still love her - even when she was going through her boy crazy phase. She's married now - to a reporter from the Daily Planet no less. I can't complain though. Ron is a great guy and they've been happily married for years.

Well, I think I've given you enough family history for now. It's time for me to tell you the story of when Lois Lane met Clark Kent...

TO BE CONTINUED...

Here's the link to Chapter 1

A/N: I can't decide whether to continue this story in this narrative form, or revert back to my usual style, or maybe a combination of both. What do you think?

BE MY BABY - THE RONETTES (CLOIS)

The night we met
    I knew I needed you so
    And if I had the chance
    I'd never let you go
    So won't you say you love me
    I'll make you so proud of me
    We'll make them turn their heads
    Every place we go
    So won't you please

(chorus)
    Be my, be my baby
    Be my little baby
    My one and only baby
    Say you'll be my darling
    Be my, be my baby
    Be my baby now
    My one and only baby
    Wa oh oh oh

I'll make you happy, baby
    Just wait and see
    For every kiss you give me
    I'll give you three
    Oh, since the day I saw you
    I have been waiting for you
    You know I will adore you
    Till eternity so won't you please

Be my, be my baby
    Be my little baby
    My one and only baby
    Say you'll be my darling
    Be my, be my baby
    Be my baby now
    My one and only baby
    Wa oh oh oh
    Last edited by gem65; 05-10-2013, 03:58 AM.

I'm grinning and laughing here. I love Dirty Dancing and you've done a good job of setting the scene and doing Lois's narration but I have one thing to say ...

Mary Ellen, why have you started ANOTHER story? I can't believe how you can keep so many on the go. I really don't know how you do it. I'm a 'one at a time' gal.

Anyway. I'll be looking out for your first update.

Oh, as for the narration. You're doing great, but if you give yourself a hard and fast rule now then you may struggle in later scenes. I would suggest that you stay open to using different styles.

Comment

Originally posted by KatherineKent
      I'm grinning and laughing here. I love Dirty Dancing and you've done a good job of setting the scene and doing Lois's narration but I have one thing to say ...

Mary Ellen, why have you started ANOTHER story? I can't believe how you can keep so many on the go. I really don't know how you do it. I'm a 'one at a time' gal.

Anyway. I'll be looking out for your first update.

Oh, as for the narration. You're doing great, but if you give yourself a hard and fast rule now then you may struggle in later scenes. I would suggest that you stay open to using different styles.
      I wasn't going to start another one, but I wanted to do something special for Leanne's birthday - that's why.

I'm still not sure which way to go as far as writing the story itself. Maybe after I get a few more opinions I could make up my mind. I'm glad you like it so far and hopefully I'll be able to post the first chapter soon.
      Last edited by gem65; 05-23-2011, 04:06 AM.

Comment

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH You're finally givijng us the dirty dancing version of Clois!!!!!!
        I love you so so so soooooooooo much Mary Ellen!!!!

I'm feeling like a teen all over again!!! dirty Dancing is the movie of my life (my teen years, at least ).

I haven't read the story yet (see how excited i get just reading the title??? ) but i'm going to do this right now!!! And the name of the story is just perfect because this song is one of my favorites (even before watching the movie... i grew up with a lot of 50s and 60s songs )

Mary ellen, you're the best!

Comment

Ohhhh I love love LOVE this idea!!! I really like how you have the beginning part written in the future and the dirty dancing story will be like a flashback! I always love Clois set in another time (as if that wasn't obvious lol!!)

Comment

Fantastic, Mary Ellen!
            i know i'll have lots of fun reading your story.
            About the narrative, i'm with Victoria (aka KatherineKent) go with the flow and don't be too hard on yourself trying to stablish one form only. Remember that in the movie, we only got Baby's storytelling in the first 5 mintues
            About the banners, there must be something wrong with the hosting site because i there's no image there

Comment

I can't wait for more KEEP MORE COMING!!!!

Comment

I'll reply later - but I just wanted to let everyone know that I corrected the links in the first post. You can now see the banners and they are AWESOME!!!

Comment

OMG OMG!!!!!! I love you!!!!! I knew you were doing something like this and I knew it would be awesome but this is so beyond awesome. I'm bouncing up and down I'm so excited.
                  As for the narration, I really love the beginning part, especially where Clark whisks her off for some 'afternoon delight' hehe.
                  It's how the movie starts actually - with a little bit of narration from 'Baby', so no worries. I love the way you bring your own originality to it. And I adore this movie!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this awesome birthday present! It's nearly 7am on my birthday, so I logged on at the right moment.

Comment

I must say you new story was worth the wait what a great movie to pick Iam looking foward to see how you put your great clois spin on this and were it takes us
                    I argee with Katherinekent that picking one or the other could possible make it hard in the long run I think that you could do it in a blend format that would gave the felxilbity to the story you may need .but as a great man once said" what #### do I know"
                    I sure that what ever you choose this will be one of your wonderful masterpiece like always
                    Thank you for the welcome I look forward to the next part of the story

Comment

Originally posted by cathy14
                      AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH You're finally givijng us the dirty dancing version of Clois!!!!!!
                      I love you so so so soooooooooo much Mary Ellen!!!!

I'm feeling like a teen all over again!!! dirty Dancing is the movie of my life (my teen years, at least ).

I haven't read the story yet (see how excited i get just reading the title??? ) but i'm going to do this right now!!! And the name of the story is just perfect because this song is one of my favorites (even before watching the movie... i grew up with a lot of 50s and 60s songs )

Mary ellen, you're the best!
                      I was in my early twenties when it came out. It's one of my favorites. I just downloaded it to my computer because I only had it on videotape. Anyway, I'm looking forward to writing this story.

Originally posted by cathy14
                      Fantastic, Mary Ellen!
                      i know i'll have lots of fun reading your story.
                      About the narrative, i'm with Victoria (aka KatherineKent) go with the flow and don't be too hard on yourself trying to stablish one form only. Remember that in the movie, we only got Baby's storytelling in the first 5 mintues
                      About the banners, there must be something wrong with the hosting site because i there's no image there
                      The links work now. I think I'll probably do a combination of narration and my regular style. I always wondered why there wasn't any additional narration from her. I think it would have been interesting. Glad you enjoyed it and I'll try to post soon. Maybe after we've finished the big move. *fingers crossed*
                      Last edited by gem65; 05-23-2011, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MariVe
                        I can't wait for more KEEP MORE COMING!!!!
                        I will soon. That's a promise.

Originally posted by AnneBoleyn
                        Ohhhh I love love LOVE this idea!!! I really like how you have the beginning part written in the future and the dirty dancing story will be like a flashback! I always love Clois set in another time (as if that wasn't obvious lol!!)
                        That's not a surprise. I'm glad you like it so far.

PS: Did you ever consider a Gone with the wind type story - except with a happier ending? I was just watching my dvd and I could totally picture Lois as Scarlett - which incidently I used 'Scarlett' and 'Rhett' as nicknames for Clois in one of my stories.
                        Last edited by gem65; 05-23-2011, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixnz
                          OMG OMG!!!!!! I love you!!!!! I knew you were doing something like this and I knew it would be awesome but this is so beyond awesome. I'm bouncing up and down I'm so excited.
                          As for the narration, I really love the beginning part, especially where Clark whisks her off for some 'afternoon delight' hehe.
                          It's how the movie starts actually - with a little bit of narration from 'Baby', so no worries. I love the way you bring your own originality to it. And I adore this movie!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this awesome birthday present! It's nearly 7am on my birthday, so I logged on at the right moment.
                          I had the idea for it ever since I saw a Clois video for Be my baby. I knew I HAD to do a story to it, but it was on the back burner for quite a while. When I was thinking about what kind of story to write for your birthday, I thought this would be perfect. I'm glad you love it so far. I hope you have an absolutely AWESOME birthday. *big hug*

PS: I love you too, my friend.

Originally posted by Mpj891
                          I must say you new story was worth the wait what a great movie to pick Iam looking foward to see how you put your great clois spin on this and were it takes us
                          I argee with Katherinekent that picking one or the other could possible make it hard in the long run I think that you could do it in a blend format that would gave the felxilbity to the story you may need .but as a great man once said" what #### do I know"
                          I sure that what ever you choose this will be one of your wonderful masterpiece like always
                          Thank you for the welcome I look forward to the next part of the story
                          I just love compliments like yours. It always makes me feel good - especially on those days when I feel blue. Thank you so much. I'm glad you like it so far.

Comment

This is great Mary Ellen and just do what you feel comfortable with. You have us as support. If you need to switch styles part way through I can live with that..I'm a loyal fan and your a great writer.. so its no worries.

PPMS!

Comment

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love Dirty Dancing!!! That movie rocks! Clois + Dirty Dancing= *brain exploding for the awesomeness of it*

Mary-El I bow to you! *worships*

You can get away with narrating and your usual style. I don't mind I can't wait to read more *fan girl screams into the night*

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎