Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the direction of the series

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castiel killed Rachel before he killed Balthazar though, so it's not really surprising that Castiel killed another angel. And again, it's not certain that Castiel is WANTING to be God. I've said it once and I'll say it again, those souls are forcing him to do it. Crowley said the souls in Purgatory are very powerful, and Eve said it as well, so who's to say a million monster souls can't pull their weight over an angel?

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
      I'd actually like to see Dean as a villain sometime...I always wondered how a Demon!Dean would be ever since "Dream A Little Dream Of Me".
      Man, I've been waiting for the introduction of doppelgangers for so long in this show. If they ever get introduced, I would love for Crowley to unleash 2 of them from hell who would take the forms of Sam & Dean & be involved in the plots of like 5-6 episodes until they get killed. I would like the Dean doppelganger to take on the Demon-Dean form with the black eyes & the Sam doppelganger to take on soulless Sam's form/personality. Those 2 would be incredibly creepy & could be very tough enemies if they also have the knowledge/power of Sam & Dean. Doppelgangers have been my most anticipated supernatural creature I wanted to see in this show ever since watching the Monsters episode with the doppelganger (where some guy summoned one from hell accidentally where it began following him & caused all sorts of trouble & would have eventually killed him) & the Marvel comics Infinity War saga which created doppelgangers of all the superheroes, most notably the 6-armed Spider-Man doppelganger with claws, fangs, and razor webbing.

Comment

The difference is that Balthazar was his war buddy and friend and he killed Balthazar for a stupid reason. He killed the purgatory girl. He did a ritual with a Virgin's blood. He turned his back on the Winchesters way too quickly. He knew what would happen to him from his talk with Raphael and he still went along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
          Man, I've been waiting for the introduction of doppelgangers for so long in this show. If they ever get introduced, I would love for Crowley to unleash 2 of them from hell who would take the forms of Sam & Dean & be involved in the plots of like 5-6 episodes until they get killed. I would like the Dean doppelganger to take on the Demon-Dean form with the black eyes & the Sam doppelganger to take on soulless Sam's form/personality. Those 2 would be incredibly creepy & could be very tough enemies if they also have the knowledge/power of Sam & Dean. Doppelgangers have been my most anticipated supernatural creature I wanted to see in this show ever since watching the Monsters episode with the doppelganger (where some guy summoned one from hell accidentally where it began following him & caused all sorts of trouble & would have eventually killed him) & the Marvel comics Infinity War saga which created doppelgangers of all the superheroes, most notably the 6-armed Spider-Man doppelganger with claws, fangs, and razor webbing.
          Amen!

Id Love to see some Doppleganger action!

Comment

I don't see why they had to make Castiel an enemy though. Why not just stick with Eve who was way more interesting?

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
              A doppelganger arc would be very cool indeed. If I can't get a Demon!Dean, then a Doppelganger!Dean would be just fine.

Originally posted by Tabularasa
              The difference is that Balthazar was his war buddy and friend and he killed Balthazar for a stupid reason. He killed the purgatory girl. He did a ritual with a Virgin's blood. He turned his back on the Winchesters way too quickly. He knew what would happen to him from his talk with Raphael and he still went along with it.
              And Rachel seemed to be his friend as well, even though we don't have a huge backstory of those two.

And also, we've seen Castiel having no remorse over monsters(Lenore, for example), so killing the Purgatory monster isn't a big change either, nor using a virgin's blood for a ritual. Crowley killed the girl, but, also, Castiel was the one that didn't care about hurting that Aaron boy. Castiel was dark and suspicious all throughout season six. The season finale wasn't a huge game changer in regards to the character of Castiel.

Originally posted by Kar.
              I don't see why they had to make Castiel an enemy though. Why not just stick with Eve who was way more interesting?
              I would have liked to see more Eve as well, but that has passed and I just feel like it makes sense because this series has pretty much showed that angels and demons > any monster(even the Mother Of All).

Comment

They've been building Cas's dark turn since season 5. For them to just ignore that and focus on a villain who didn't even feel more dangerous then Crowley, would be pointless. It was a decent plan, it's just that the way they did Cas' turn in the last few episodes screwed up what they had been building to from season 5.

Comment

No matter what anyone says it was a stupid, stupid plan they are writing with this storyline with Cas. Cas as a "new god" that always makes me laugh, I really can't take it serious. It's like some of Smallville's dumb storylines, like "Doomsday scenario".

Comment

Not a stupid plan.

Only stupid to fans who loved Cas more than any other character on this show.

Did I mean to make myself sound like the Hulk? Yes I did.

Comment

Making anyone into a god no matter what on a show is just too silly and stupid, no matter what.

Comment

Making Cas become God!Cas is a great turn for Castiel's story.

He was lured into the "dark side" by teaming up with a demon, did many shady things behind the Winchesters' back and even when Raphael stated that those souls would make an angel a God, Cas didn't buy it and only intended to use those souls to destroy Raphael, but instead, the souls took over(consequences always happens when you start going on a dark path) and the souls corrupted his mind with ease, forming God!Cas. We've seen characters go dark before(Sam in season four) and while Sam became a demon for one moment to kill Lilith, he did return, but now we have an angel that has become some type of God and we don't know if Cas can go back after this(I think he will though).

It's the best step for Castiel to do instead of just not using the souls from Purgatory and having Castiel just lose. If Castiel didn't do something drastic, next season would've been God!Crowley, and either God!Crowley destroys Raphael himself and/or Castiel, or Castiel is still losing the war in Heaven against Raphael(If Castiel didn't tell Crowley to leave, then I'm sure those two will be together while the door of Purgatory opened and Crowley would've backstabbed Castiel, so Raphael wouldn't be involved in the final parts of the finale). At least with this way, with Raphael dead, more angels can come to the help of Sam and Dean. With there being a God!Crowley, I doubt Raphael would've helped out though, because a powerful demon wouldn't be as powerful as an archangel, imo, and a God!Raphael isn't something I'd want to see.

Comment

sure it's reasonable to make him into a god because of all of that.

Comment

Was that sarcasm or are you finally getting my point? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                              Was that sarcasm or are you finally getting my point? Lol.
                              Nope, it sarcasm and I don't think I will ever get your point!

Comment

Then...your lost, lol. You're being blinded by the love of a character that you don't see what's logical right in front of you, and that is story development(if you don't want to believe it's character development).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎