No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the direction of the series

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the direction of the series

Seriously, Castiel becoming a God-like character does not spell doom to this series. It has a lot of life left, it still has Kripke involved and they even got two new writers as well(Ben Acker and Ben Blacker). Don't blame Gamble for wanting to turn Cas into a villain. It was either that or his death that would be inevitable. He's not part of the main two, or even main three(Bobby would be the third, not Cas). Castiel was a great part of this series, but this show is about humanity; always has been.

I still have faith in this series and I don't see it as being drawn out as Smallville.

Sera Gamble, keep it up.
    Last edited by Vergon6; 05-23-2011, 03:17 PM. Reason: Thread title changed to not reflect any possible fan-on-fan comment

Why does he have to die? They could have made him disappear another way without making him into a villain or to kill him. Ofc, it would upset some fans.

Comment

Because the writers want to kill him off, that's why. I see no problem at all with their choice of doing things. They've done a lot of things in this series and nothing has bothered me. These writers are the best in this business and I have complete faith in their work.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
        Because the writers want to kill him off, that's why. I see no problem at all with their choice of doing things. They've done a lot of things in this series and nothing has bothered me. These writers are the best in this business and I have complete faith in their work.
        Well, that's what is making some fans (me included) upset. I don't want to see Cas die or turning into this monster. That was a cheap and lame finale. I mean finale! It could have been a lot better. SPN usually does good finales. Please, tell me how is making Cas into a new villain interesting? It's like turning Bobby into a villain. He meant a lot to the boys too. Why not do that too?

Comment

Who said he is going to die? I would put money on it right now that is not Cas, millions upon millions of souls? What exactly do you think is going on in there, and the way they zoomed into his eyes you could tell that wasn't Cas at all.

Comment

Cas died, I would think. Sam put a blade inside of him, I would think that the angel Cas that was inside there died. Just like when a demon takes over a person. They die when the demon puts a knife inside of them.

Comment

We've seen Jimmy's body wrecked how many times? Always bounces back, at this point that blade would have worked just like any normal blade on a human body, the vessel is dead but with over a million souls in the body pick and choose which one leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                Well, that's what is making some fans (me included) upset. I don't want to see Cas die or turning into this monster. That was a cheap and lame finale. I mean finale! It could have been a lot better. SPN usually does good finales. Please, tell me how is making Cas into a new villain interesting? It's like turning Bobby into a villain. He meant a lot to the boys too. Why not do that too?
                Bobby wouldn't turn into a villain, as I've said, this show is about humanity first and foremost. When we only have one decent angel, there are many possibilities of him being lured into the dark side even if he thinks he's doing the right thing, although all those souls is giving him a God complex which is perfectly natural. He has become militant due to those souls and has pictured himself to be the new God and even a "better" God.

But, I have only heard from two posters that dislike the idea of Castiel becoming a villain, and for the most part, the fans are fine with this outcome as Castiel had to go someway or sometime before this series ended.

Plus, the Cas fans would have even uproared if season five ended the way it was meant to end, which would've been the series finale: Castiel would've died at the hands of Lucifer. Kripke was going to kill the angel and then a thread would've been made to say "Thanks for ruining the show, Kripke!"

Comment

While I don't think the show has been ruined I don't like the story direction with Cas at all. I never wanted him to go darkside or be a villian. I liked the fact that while all the other angels we met were either power hungry or uncaring, Cas was different. I in no way wanted to see him become like all the rest of them. I would have much rather seen him die in the S5 finale or live and go back to heaven and not be a part of S6 at all. At least then he would have stayed true to who he was and would have gone out a hero, not a villian.

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan
                    While I don't think the show has been ruined I don't like the story direction with Cas at all. I never wanted him to go darkside or be a villian. I liked the fact that while all the other angels we met were either power hungry or uncaring, Cas was different. I in no way wanted to see him become like all the rest of them. I would have much rather seen him die in the S5 finale or live and go back to heaven and not be a part of S6 at all. At least then he would have stayed true to who he was and would have gone out a hero, not a villian.
                    This!

Comment

I keep thinking next season is going to start with Cas going "lol jk"

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini

But, I have only heard from two posters that dislike the idea of Castiel becoming a villain, and for the most part, the fans are fine with this outcome as Castiel had to go someway or sometime before this series ended.
                        I take it im one of those posters I just cant get behind it. I love Cas being badass and all powerful, and I dont even mind the God storyline, but a villian? I had to put up with a lot when it came to Smallville, but with Supernatural, I loved everything. I never had to settle for a story. But this one just upsets me. I dont like him on the darkside because thats everything he was against. But I know the power is corrupting him. And Ive always trusted Supernatural, so I trust they wont let me down next season. Im curious to see where it goes honestly.

Plus, the Cas fans would have even uproared if season five ended the way it was meant to end, which would've been the series finale: Castiel would've died at the hands of Lucifer. Kripke was going to kill the angel and then a thread would've been made to say "Thanks for ruining the show, Kripke!"
                        Nah, not this Cas fan. I wanted the show to end on season 5, and personally, I love when my favorite characters die. It adds to the show, it doesnt ruin it. Not for me anyways. So if the show had ended in season 5 when it was suppose to and Cas had stayed dead like he was suppose to, I would have been more than satisfied

Comment

Originally posted by Mischael12
                          I keep thinking next season is going to start with Cas going "lol jk"
                          I'd love for Cas to look at them and say "Smile, you're on Candid Camera"!

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan
                            I agree They totally screwed Him!

Comment

The show is kind of messed up at this point because of what has happened this season. Most of the characters we know have been killed off. Samuel was brought back only to be killed. Rufus is dead. Balthazar is dead. Raphael is dead. Literally, the only characters left are Dean, Sam, Bobby, Cas, and Crowley.

This whole thing feels like a reboot of sorts. I don't think Sera Gamble wants to continue angel stories (Just look at what she said i the TV line article about Misha Collins being demoted) and this is her way of getting rid of those stories. I doubt we're going to see a lot of Cas next year. They'll probably just write that he's off in heaven taking out Raphael's followers while Dean and Sam try to find a way to get rid of Cas. But this is going down a very bad road for the show. When you can ruin 3 years of character development for someone in 42 minutes, that's bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎