Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm officialy done with this show.

It's just a shame. I used to love it from seasons 1 - season 5. They never should have gone for a new season. It really should have ended with season 5. One can tell that they are running out of ideas. So sorry, this show used to be so good. I guess the reason that I'm also done with the show is CW and the producers dragging it out. If season 7 is the last season, they should have just come out with it, which they haven't. I'm assuming that they are going for even more seasons.

And you don't need to create two different threads for the same reason.

Comment

Man, I feel you. And trust me, I know a lot of people that feel the same way. I'm not going to give up on the show just yet. I've been watching the show for about 3-4 years and I want to see this thing to the end, but i do think what they did has dropped off in quality. I'm hoping that by mid-season, CW will look at the ratings and basically tell them that season 7 is going to be the last one. So then they'll have the rest of the season to end it. If they get a season 8 and it's of this quality...I don't know. I hope they can turn this around, but that's a long shot.

Comment

Im pissed right now yea, but I would NEVER give up on Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
          Im pissed right now yea, but I would NEVER give up on Supernatural
          Not when it messes up like hell? I mean the writing is the thing that has made SPN as good it has. I mean the family feeling and the love for each other was what was so good in SPN, in season 6 you never saw anything like that. And then they go around screwing up characters. I would say that's the last straw for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
            Not when it messes up like hell? I mean the writing is the thing that has made SPN as good it has. I mean the family feeling and the love for each other was what was so good in SPN, in season 6 you never saw anything like that. And then they go around screwing up characters. I would say that's the last straw for me.
            I know, Like I said Im pissed. Ive been annoyed with this show all season. First it was the Campbells treating Dean like he couldnt tell a Demon from a hole in the ground then it was the Cas Fiasco. But, I need to look at the factors as well. The show was suppose to wrap last season, and now they suddenly have a new person in charge, it needed a chance to find its new footing. So im going to give this season a free pass only if next season WOWs me again. This show has given so much good just to stop watching because of a little bad. Im still Livid over last nights finale, but I trust the writers. I look forward to next season.

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
              I know, Like I said Im pissed. Ive been annoyed with this show all season. First it was the Campbells treating Dean like he couldnt tell a Demon from a hole in the ground then it was the Cas Fiasco. But, I need to look at the factors as well. The show was suppose to wrap last season, and now they suddenly have a new person in charge, it needed a chance to find its new footing. So im going to give this season a free pass only if next season WOWs me again. This show has given so much good just to stop watching because of a little bad. Im still Livid over last nights finale, but I trust the writers. I look forward to next season.
              I know about the new person writing the show. But that don't mean that she has to take away the heart of the show: Family. That's been the strongest thing about the show the aspects and love for family. The way they are writing it, well you can just see. I mean that writer has been in the writing staff when they started, so I would say that she should know what this show is about too.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                Family was a BIG theme this season, and you couldn't see that?

Comment

meh, smallville changed, so can supernatural. sometimes change isnt bad. it will be a blessing in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by MarvelXY
                    meh, smallville changed, so can supernatural. sometimes change isnt bad. it will be a blessing in disguise.
                    The thing with Smallville it changed in a way, sure. But it always kept it continuation: for Clark to become Superman. With SPN, they don't seem like they know what they are doing any more. There doesn't seem to be any good directions to what the show are trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                      The thing with Smallville it changed in a way, sure. But it always kept it continuation: for Clark to become Superman. With SPN, they don't seem like they know what they are doing any more. There doesn't seem to be any good directions to what the show are trying to do.
                      No one really knows the direction of Supernatural these days, but then again, no one knew the direction during the first three seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                        No one really knows the direction of Supernatural these days, but then again, no one knew the direction during the first three seasons.
                        I think Kripke always knew, that's why he had a 5 year plan. He alwaysk knew. He just didn't know if the show would survive 5 seasons or not and what would come out of it. But he always knew what he was planning, due to his 5 year plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                          I think Kripke always knew, that's why he had a 5 year plan. He alwaysk knew. He just didn't know if the show would survive 5 seasons or not and what would come out of it. But he always knew what he was planning, due to his 5 year plan.
                          First, Kripke had only three seasons planned out and then five.

And second, you said "they seem like"; you have no idea what they have planned. God!Cas could be a part of a bigger idea they have in store for us. But from the fans, we have no clue what will happen and that was the feeling the fans had during season one thru three.

And your SV comparison doesn't make sense. Originally, with AlMiles, Smallville was supposed to end at season eight and the new showrunners just added random stuff, and stuff that destroyed the series(Doomsday coming to Earth with Kal-El, the Orb having multiple objectives). Yes, it ended with him being Superman, but still, the showrunners had to create three more seasons when AlMiles left.

Comment

May I ask why are there two separate threads for this?

Comment

I know about the new person writing the show. But that don't mean that she has to take away the heart of the show: Family. That's been the strongest thing about the show the aspects and love for family. The way they are writing it, well you can just see. I mean that writer has been in the writing staff when they started, so I would say that she should know what this show is about too.
                              What family did they ruin? Surely not Sam and Dean's relationship.
                              The only other people I could see you talking about is Lisa and Ben, or Cas.
                              Cas was never family to begin with, no matter how in love Dean was with him. And in fact they seemed to right a wrong (the writers), by finally cutting him loose.
                              The boys were starting to use him for everything, and relying on him way too much.
                              And look where it got them.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎