Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I can think of a couple of ways that Same and Dean could stop Castiel 2.0

1. They could go to the world they went to in the French mistake and have it them put it in the script that Castiel losses his power.

2. They could find the demon/human hybrid and have him stop Castiel

Or maybe the souls that are trapped inside Castiel will make him explode and Castiel will either die or go back to the way he was. Then they would have a bunch of new things to hunt.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous Jr View Post
    So what will Sam and Dean do now
    What worked against Lucifer--the healing power of love.

No, seriously, it was the power of the brothers bond, of their love for each other that allowed Sam to overtake Lucifer long enough to jump in the hole. So all they need to do is use that power of love, that connection, with Cas and he can reject the power of the souls or something and it'll all be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post

No, seriously, it was the power of the brothers bond, of their love for each other that allowed Sam to overtake Lucifer long enough to jump in the hole. So all they need to do is use that power of love, that connection, with Cas and he can reject the power of the souls or something and it'll all be fine.
    The problem with that is that it isn't the same thing. The brothers love with each other are not the same as it is with the brothers love to Cas.

Henry! You show Tom i_need_a_new_username's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MannaBanana View Post
    Also, why didnt Deans magical "God Amulet" burn hot in the presence of Chuck if he was God the Entire time?
    God didn't want to be found, magic amulet or not. As per Joshua, the only person who directly spoke to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabularasa View Post
    I don't think the amulet was ever really supposed to find God. If God can let the amulet glow if he wanted to, then what was the point of having Cas take it to find God if they knew God would never let it glow? The amulet was a metaphor for faith. Cas took it because he had faith. He had given it back to Dean when he lost it and Dean threw it in the trash. And the only person who truly had faith was Sam who was looking at the amulet in the trash.
    Well, yes and no. Yes being it does signify those that have faith, but it literally was designed to find God and must have worked previously as Castiel, God and Joshua knew of it.

Why would God leave heaven to pretend to be a writer and spend his time writing gospels if he already has prophets to do that. It makes zero sense.
    Ever heard of hiding in plain sight? Like Lucifer said, nobody makes God do anything. He always knew how everything would play up to the Apocalypse. He was always intending to become Chuck, listing Chuck as a prophet would mean no one would ever expect him to be God.

And then he just leaves after writing "Swan Song" which also doesn't make any sense because he typed that the story was over when it really wasn't since we know there is a season 6. Chuck writing the "last" story in "Swan Song" was a metaphor for Eric Kripke finishing his run on the show that he created and stepping down as show runner.
    God leaves after Swan Song because he has finished writing the story. Up until the Apocalypse, Michael had revealed that free will is an illusion. It was a story God was writing, but now, after seeing people making the right choice (family). He decided to keep it going, they make their own future now. It is out of his hands.

But it was too an analogy for Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabularasa View Post
    If they tell me that God left heaven and started writing sci-fi novels that would become the Winchester Gospel, just because he wanted to and could because he's God and he can do whatever he wants, that's crappy writing. No character in a story should just do things because they can. There should be motives for it. God doesn't have a reason to write these books. That's why he has prophets.
    Castiel, Dean and Sam do things "just because they can" but it's a bad idea when it is God, the only being who at that point actually had free will? God wrote these books because he thought the world was going to end, it required the personal touch, it needed to be the actual word of God and not dictated by the Angels.

Another reason it doesn't make sense that Chuck is God is that he acts the same way in front of the Winchesters and Cas as he is in private. If Chuck is really God who is pretending to be a prophet, why would he still pretend if no one is there?He goes to sleep and has visions of the future like a prophet. If Chuck were God, and God knows how everything is going to be played out, why would he need to have visions of what's to come? That's something that happens to a prophet, not a God.

The surprise was supposed to be for the viewer, not for the characters. They couldn't see Chuck when he's not around. The reason h did all those things was because he was masquerading himself to the viewer to. Which is why at the end he directly addresses the audience.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anu View Post
    The problem with that is that it isn't the same thing. The brothers love with each other are not the same as it is with the brothers love to Cas.
    That is true. But perhaps Dean's "you were like a brother" would be enough?

It will be interesting to see if they try it anyway.

Henry! You show Tom i_need_a_new_username's Avatar
    I think it is the same. God said that choosing family (choosing each other over proving themselves to their family like Gabriel, Michael and Lucifer) was the key to surviving to Apocalypse.

That is true. But perhaps Dean's "you were like a brother" would be enough?

It will be interesting to see if they try it anyway.
    I don't think that he even meant it. Or in "The man who would be king" maybe then he meant it. But after everything that has happened it looks more like, because Cas did make a mistake working with a demon, Cas means nothing to him and he wants to kill him.

I ♥ and Miss you Jim MannaBanana's Avatar

That was my thought too I really hope the real Cas can fight through in the end

I think that's how it'll go down. Sam and Dean will try to talk to the real Castiel into fighting, but he won't stand a chance at those millions of souls until the real God intervenes and helps out the angel.

Saying it's all messed up and the writers screwed everything up is blowing it out of proportion.

----- Added 38 Seconds later -----

Quote Originally Posted by Anu View Post
    I don't think that he even meant it. Or in "The man who would be king" maybe then he meant it. But after everything that has happened it looks more like, because Cas did make a mistake working with a demon, Cas means nothing to him and he wants to kill him.
    I think Dean meant every word in the finale
    Last edited by Anno_Domini; 05-23-2011 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New In Town
    there is probably a powerful soul or group of souls within cas that will either gain control of cas or escape and cause trouble

When lucifer in season 5 they introduced the horsemen in the middle of the season to introduce a new element to the story so hopefully they will do something similar here as jus cas all season will get pretty boring and predictable if they try the Cas redemption storyline
    Last edited by shoaibs48; 05-23-2011 at 03:50 PM.

New In Town
    Im thinking the boys will call on Death and Death will Reap Cas.
    Not sure if God will ever make an appearance.
    Although I have a long shot theory. Remember when Dean put on Deaths ring. It allowed Dean to become death. The Boys have the other 3 Horsemen rings. What if they used the rings. Specifically Gluttony. Glutton's ring allowed Glutton to eat/absorb all the souls around him. If one of the boys wore the ring could they suck all the souls out of Cas?
    Still leaning toward Death reaping Cas

Quote Originally Posted by Carnagefan88 View Post
    obviously he does in order to walk the earth if he didnt have a veseel he would probaly destroy the planet and kill all the humans ause no human can withstand his true form or voice
    That makes no sense. You're giving finite limitations to an omnipotent being.

New In Town
    God will only appear on the final ever episode. Death will probably be a better bet to challenge Cas that or God sending/reviving someone.

Many people have suggested humans were created in gods own image so its not out of the question his true form looks human. As an omnipotent being he is limitless and can do absolutely anything
    Last edited by shoaibs48; 05-23-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by i_need_a_new_username View Post
    God didn't want to be found, magic amulet or not. As per Joshua, the only person who directly spoke to God.

Well, yes and no. Yes being it does signify those that have faith, but it literally was designed to find God and must have worked previously as Castiel, God and Joshua knew of it.

Ever heard of hiding in plain sight? Like Lucifer said, nobody makes God do anything. He always knew how everything would play up to the Apocalypse. He was always intending to become Chuck, listing Chuck as a prophet would mean no one would ever expect him to be God.

God leaves after Swan Song because he has finished writing the story. Up until the Apocalypse, Michael had revealed that free will is an illusion. It was a story God was writing, but now, after seeing people making the right choice (family). He decided to keep it going, they make their own future now. It is out of his hands.

But it was too an analogy for Eric.

Castiel, Dean and Sam do things "just because they can" but it's a bad idea when it is God, the only being who at that point actually had free will? God wrote these books because he thought the world was going to end, it required the personal touch, it needed to be the actual word of God and not dictated by the Angels.

The surprise was supposed to be for the viewer, not for the characters. They couldn't see Chuck when he's not around. The reason h did all those things was because he was masquerading himself to the viewer to. Which is why at the end he directly addresses the audience.

The problem of all this is that Chuck wrote THE END. Meaning it's over and done with. If these books are about the apocalypse, wouldn't the gospel need to mention about the brothers and Cas stopping the apocalypse that Raphael was trying to create? I mean he bothered to write about the brothers trying to stop Lucifer from getting free in their adventures in season 4, so it makes no sense that God wouldn't write about them trying to stop another one. Nothing is out of God's hands. Everything he's doing is a test for the characters. By ending the gospel of the Winchesters with Sam in the cage and Dean living with Lisa, that says that their adventures after the fact don't mean anything because no one would read about them. The Gospels in the Bible wrote about all the important details of Jesus Christ's time on earth until he was sent to heaven. That story was closed. The Winchester's story is not closed. So by typing THE END, it makes it seem like everything that happens after that, is meaningless.

Cas, Dean, and Sam, never do things just because they can. There's always a motive behind it. Sam started training with Ruby and drinking demon blood so that he could become strong enough to take down Lilith. Cas does things because he was ordered to do it and believed that what he was ordered to do was right. These are not just things they do for the hell of it, they do them because they believe they will help them achieve a goal. It doesn't make sense if God's goal is to write the Gospel of the Winchesters because he's never written something before. He's always had prophets. And if this is God, then God would've known that the apocalypse would be averted. There's no reason for him to think it wouldn't have been. Why does this story, of all the ones in the bible, need a personal touch? Why not the beginning of creation or the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus?

As for the surprise being for the viewer, I'm sorry, but that doesn't make a lick of sense to me. The viewers have never been addressed in the show, so why should they be now? The narration Chuck gives gives no indication that it's supposed to be for the audience. It's in his own head of him ending his novels and what the reaction would be. If Chuck is pretending in private, what's to say all the other characters aren't pretending.

I'll believe that Kripke planned on Chuck being God. But the story of Chuck being God doesn't add up. It doesn't make sense that God would need to write the gospel of the Winchesters when there have been more important stories in the bible then the Winchesters stopping Lucifer. Having Chuck be God and him acting the same in private because he wants it to surprise the viewer is a huge cop out. That means the viewer can't even trust what's being shown to them because the writers will just say the people were pretending for them. There's not a single thing in the Chuck story that gives any kind of proof that he's God. And before someone tells me that you just have to have "faith" that he's God, that's not a message Supernatural is giving. The message of Supernatural is about family and free will, not about faith to believe something. When Dean gave up his free will and swore an oath to the angels, it wasn't because he had faith in them, it was because he was trying to ensure the safety of his brother.

If Chuck is God, fine, whatever. But for all the reasons I've listed, that is a huge plot hole in the series.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast