Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 90
  1. #31
    Henry! You show Tom i_need_a_new_username's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 09
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabularasa View Post
    Ok, then please explain it to me.
    God doesn't need a vessel. Chuck is just what God happens to look like. He may happen to look like John in an episode, however during season four and five, he was Chuck, God was pretending to be a prophet.

  2. #32
    Board Master Tabularasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Posts
    2,619
    So...why would God pretend to be a nervous wreck-loose prophet that Dean pushes around in season 4 and then some dude who goes to his own supernatural convention in season 5? This doesn't make any sense. Just because he knows what will happen next in the gospel of the Winchesters doesn't make him God, it makes him a prophet. I just don't see any proof (other then the Kripke thing) that says he's God.
    Last edited by Tabularasa; 05-22-2011 at 03:35 AM.

  3. #33
    New In Town
    Join Date
    May 11
    Posts
    46
    Balthazar said Castiel couldn't handle the power and would explode so I think he will spend season 7 trying to control the power. Maybe Death will have some role in all this. He seems more powerful then anyone but God

  4. #34
    Board Master HowardFilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabularasa View Post
    So...why would God pretend to be a nervous wreck-loose prophet that Dean pushes around in season 4 and then some dude who goes to his own supernatural convention in season 5? This doesn't make any sense. Just because he knows what will happen next in the gospel of the Winchesters doesn't make him God, it makes him a prophet. I just don't see any proof (other then the Kripke thing) that says he's God.
    Would God works in mysterious ways be too cliched and unhelpful?

    I dunno. I'm with you, I am. I firmly believe he's God, but I entirely agree if that's the case, Supernatural has some explaining to do.

  5. #35
    I ♥ and Miss you Jim MannaBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 09
    Location
    Hoarding the Pie from Ben!!!
    Posts
    47,105
    Quote Originally Posted by i_need_a_new_username View Post
    God doesn't need a vessel. Chuck is just what God happens to look like. He may happen to look like John in an episode, however during season four and five, he was Chuck, God was pretending to be a prophet.
    Also, why didnt Deans magical "God Amulet" burn hot in the presence of Chuck if he was God the Entire time?

  6. #36
    Settling In
    Join Date
    May 11
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by MannaBanana View Post
    Also, why didnt Deans magical "God Amulet" burn hot in the presence of Chuck if he was God the Entire time?
    Because when they died and went up to heaven, that bloke told them that the amulet wouldn't work, so that's why Dean put it in the bin!

  7. #37
    I ♥ and Miss you Jim MannaBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 09
    Location
    Hoarding the Pie from Ben!!!
    Posts
    47,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Ho66 View Post
    Because when they died and went up to heaven, that bloke told them that the amulet wouldn't work, so that's why Dean put it in the bin!
    Im talking about before that

  8. #38
    Onward Season 10! Anno_Domini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,923
    Yah...before that even, God didn't want anyone to find him. God wouldn't just turn the amulet off once Lucifer got out and Armageddon started, lol.

  9. #39
    Settling In
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Posts
    97
    I think the most likely thing will be something to do with death, as he said he will eventually reap god, and cas is no where near as strong as the real god lol..

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'm not sure if you're serious or joking. Why would God need a vessel its God...Why would the being who created the rules about vessels be limited by said rules...
    obviously he does in order to walk the earth if he didnt have a veseel he would probaly destroy the planet and kill all the humans ause no human can withstand his true form or voice

  11. #41
    Forum Regular Divine Skylord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 09
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by MannaBanana View Post
    Im talking about before that
    You're obviously forgetting that they're writing God (in the show) as a completely omnipotent being. If He wants an amulet to burn, then He'll let it burn. If He doesn't, then it won't. He probably never wanted the amulet to burn, even back in Season 4, because then Dean would be like 'OH HEY, MY AMULET IS GLOWING EVERYTIME I'M IN CHUCK'S HOUSE. I WONDER WHY,' and Castiel would go 'HOLY MOLEY, DEAN. CHUCK IS GOD.' And Chuck!God would be like 'Yeah, sup. I'm not actually giving out the orders in Heaven,' and Season 4's plot would have been dead at episode 18.


  12. #42
    Board Master Tabularasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Posts
    2,619
    I don't think the amulet was ever really supposed to find God. If God can let the amulet glow if he wanted to, then what was the point of having Cas take it to find God if they knew God would never let it glow? The amulet was a metaphor for faith. Cas took it because he had faith. He had given it back to Dean when he lost it and Dean threw it in the trash. And the only person who truly had faith was Sam who was looking at the amulet in the trash.

    Why would God leave heaven to pretend to be a writer and spend his time writing gospels if he already has prophets to do that. It makes zero sense. And then he just leaves after writing "Swan Song" which also doesn't make any sense because he typed that the story was over when it really wasn't since we know there is a season 6. Chuck writing the "last" story in "Swan Song" was a metaphor for Eric Kripke finishing his run on the show that he created and stepping down as show runner.

  13. #43
    Onward Season 10! Anno_Domini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,923
    None of the angels knew the amulet would glow or even find God really until season five, but even then, no other angel knew the amulet couldn't glow except for Joshua, the only angel that speaks directly to God.

    And also, those "books" were only for the Apocalypse/Armageddon era. Starting everything up and the course of its events. Now, with "Chuck" not writing anymore, it plays a significance of when Balthazar said Castiel "tore the pages". No more writing to do when everything isn't planned, so to speak. But, we all know that God definitely knows what's going on and what will happen down the line.

  14. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabularasa View Post
    I don't think the amulet was ever really supposed to find God. If God can let the amulet glow if he wanted to, then what was the point of having Cas take it to find God if they knew God would never let it glow? The amulet was a metaphor for faith. Cas took it because he had faith. He had given it back to Dean when he lost it and Dean threw it in the trash. And the only person who truly had faith was Sam who was looking at the amulet in the trash.

    Why would God leave heaven to pretend to be a writer and spend his time writing gospels if he already has prophets to do that. It makes zero sense. And then he just leaves after writing "Swan Song" which also doesn't make any sense because he typed that the story was over when it really wasn't since we know there is a season 6. Chuck writing the "last" story in "Swan Song" was a metaphor for Eric Kripke finishing his run on the show that he created and stepping down as show runner.
    Well dude I think that Chuck/God disappearing at the end was because his original plans were done. He decided to let humans write their own destiny.

    Did you ever think that maybe God wanted to be left alone. Maybe him leaving heaven was apart of his original plan. Who are you to say his plans are stupid. He can do whatever he wants because he is God. Also God started the story so why wouldn't he want to finish it. Those are just my thoughts agree or disagree it doesn't matter.
    Isn't that kinda the whole point.

  15. #45
    Board Master Tabularasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Posts
    2,619
    If they tell me that God left heaven and started writing sci-fi novels that would become the Winchester Gospel, just because he wanted to and could because he's God and he can do whatever he wants, that's crappy writing. No character in a story should just do things because they can. There should be motives for it. God doesn't have a reason to write these books. That's why he has prophets.

    Another reason it doesn't make sense that Chuck is God is that he acts the same way in front of the Winchesters and Cas as he is in private. If Chuck is really God who is pretending to be a prophet, why would he still pretend if no one is there? He goes to sleep and has visions of the future like a prophet. If Chuck were God, and God knows how everything is going to be played out, why would he need to have visions of what's to come? That's something that happens to a prophet, not a God.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •