Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will Sam and Dean do to stop Castiel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

To say this isn't Kripke's "show" or "vision" anymore is a bit silly, imo. Kripke was the reason we have certain episodes in season six such as "The French Mistake" and "Frontierland".

And if Chuck is God, then like I said, it's fine with me. Although I need some proof that is said on the show. "Swan Song"'s script could have said that Chuck was indeed God, or Rob could have even said such on a panel, but still, I'd like to hear confirmation on the show which is the only form of continuity I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by HowardFilms
      You're entitled I guess, but it seems silly. If the creator of the show says something was something, even if no one in the script went "Wow, Chuck, you're totally God", I still believe him...the creator...
      No one has to say "Wow Chuck, you're totally God" but he would have to SHOW in a way that he is God. Disappearing in thin air is not proof enough as there have been other characters who have done that.

Also, I shouldn't have to hear an interview from the creator to know that Chuck is God. He said it because it was vague there wasn't enough proof. Everything I need to know about the show should come out in the episodes, not interviews or panels. So if something isn't clear to an audience, then it's the duty of the writers to make it clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
        And also, prophets can vanish as well fyi.
        Originally posted by Tabularasa
        Plus, as someone above already mentioned, Prophets can vanish.

Please enlighten me for i cant recall every episode with crystal clarity at the moment, but what is the basis for these statements? As far as I recall prophets were regular humans who get tapped with the inspired word and now you're telling me they can vanish at will?

So we're basing all of this off of an interview? On a wiki? Just because a writer says something like "Yeah, you're playing God" doesn't make it true.
        No im basing it off of an interview on youtube from a con that i found from a link on supernatural wiki. About your statement on writers one would think the opposite of this is true. i mean hey these people who say this actually work on the show and one would think they would have more information than you have...but hey who listens to what writers and the actors on a show say...What do they know right? But hey believe what you will, only time will show who is right.

Originally posted by HowardFilms
        You're entitled I guess, but it seems silly. If the creator of the show says something was something, even if no one in the script went "Wow, Chuck, you're totally God", I still believe him...the creator...
        Yeah it seems silly to me aswell HowardFilms.

Comment

Chuck may be God. Kripke could have plotted to be God and he could have told Rob that he is God and that's fine. But all of the real proof is off screen not in any episode. So what I'm saying is that I shouldn't have to watch and interview or anything like that to understand. Also, the necklace that Dean had should have glowed or something around Chuck if Chuck was really God since Cas said that was how he was going to find God.

Comment

Chuck may be God. Kripke could have plotted to be God and he could have told Rob that he is God and that's fine. But all of the real proof is off screen not in any episode. So what I'm saying is that I shouldn't have to watch and interview or anything like that to understand. Also, the necklace that Dean had should have glowed or something around Chuck if Chuck was really God since Cas said that was how he was going to find God.
            I can certainly understand your feelings on the matter. But how you feel about things and the way things are doesnt mean they are the same.

But about the necklace didnt the angel say in the episode where Sam and Dean went to heaven that "they wont find god, necklace or no necklace". But think about it wouldnt a necklace like that only glow because of the ominipotent being's will? If he wants it to glow around him it will glow if he doesnt it wont.
            Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 05-21-2011, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy-Prime
              Please enlighten me for i cant recall every episode with crystal clarity at the moment, but what is the basis for these statements? As far as I recall prophets were regular humans who get tapped with the inspired word and now you're telling me they can vanish at will?
              No, not in an episode of Supernatural, but there have been prophets that didn't die and just went to Heaven when their jobs were done. Read the Bible, lol.

This.

Except the necklace; people always seem to forget what Joshua said about the amulet not working as God doesn't want it to.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                No, not in an episode of Supernatural, but there have been prophets that didn't die and just went to Heaven when their jobs were done. Read the Bible, lol.

I've read the bible, but I assumed we were discussing supernatural and not the old testament. In the bible I can only remember one prophet going to heaven like that but he didnt vanish he was taken by a chariot of fire or maybe a spinning wheel or some crap like that.

Comment

i say none of the above they will find a weapon capable of defeating Cas and will kill him

Comment

I've read the bible, but I assumed we were discussing supernatural and not the old testament. In the bible I can only remember one prophet going to heaven like that but he didnt vanish he was taken by a chariot of fire or maybe a spinning wheel or some crap like that.
                    It was a chariot, but still, SPN's effects budget can't afford a freaking chariot, haha.

And the second guy was a fellow named Enoch..from The Book of Enoch.

Comment

Your right, I forgot about what Joshua said. My main beef with Chuck being God is it doesn't fit the parallels they had made with Sam & Dan/Michael & Lucifer. Sam and Dean are the vessels for Lucifer and Michael and fith their histories and personalities. The only vessel that makes sense for God is John Winchester.

Comment

Your right, I forgot about what Joshua said. My main beef with Chuck being God is it doesn't fit the parallels they had made with Sam & Dan/Michael & Lucifer. Sam and Dean are the vessels for Lucifer and Michael and fith their histories and personalities. The only vessel that makes sense for God is John Winchester.
                        I'm not sure if you're serious or joking. Why would God need a vessel its God...Why would the being who created the rules about vessels be limited by said rules...

Comment

I'm not sure if you're serious or joking. Why would God need a vessel its God...Why would the being who created the rules about vessels be limited by said rules...
                          If you don't think God needs a vessel...then how do you think God is Chuck??

Comment

If you don't think God needs a vessel...then how do you think God is Chuck??
                            I'm starting to understand why you didnt get that chuck was god.

Comment

Ok, then please explain it to me.

Comment

There's a lot of other reasons why Chuck is God. His position as the author, his interest in Miss Magda, or whatever. Yeah, it's subtle, and yes, there are persisting questions, and no, I am not satisfied either! We are owed more than we've seen.

At the same time, while I think that there is some God left in this story, I just don't doubt Chuck is God.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎