Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV ratings of Let It Bleed & The Man Who Knew Too Much

Discuss the TV ratings of Let It Bleed & The Man Who Knew Too Much here once they're available.

From Matt Mitovich on twitter:

1st ep - 2.06 million
    2nd ep - 2.22 million

Comment

Is that good? Is that par for the course for Supernatural this season?

Comment

I read somewhere today that it placed in last for the night. Not really sure that's a good sign. IDK, I have a lot of worries about this show's ratings next year. I think Season 7 could possibly be the last one, ratings wise.

Comment

I sure hope that they get very low ratings for season 7 so that it can be cancelled and be done with. I'm only saying it because SPN will probably be dragged out for too many seasons.

Comment

Supernatural won't get very low ratings next season, no way. But, I think that they will get lower than this season, since Nikita is the lead in instead of Smallville. But I highly doubt CW will cancel it, because no other show left on the network could get as high ratings on friday nights as Supernatural, maybe The Vampire Diaries, but no other show. My bet is that there will be an eight season, and possibly more. Unfortunately.

Comment

These ratings are in line with the rest of the season. As for Supernatural placing last, it almost always does, as do almost all other CW show. No matter how "good" ratings are by CW standards, their shows are almost always at the bottom of the ratings pile.

I don't see Supernatural taking a hit next season. Nikita is not as strong a lead in as SV to be sure, but SN fans are a devoted bunch and I think they will watch regardless of when it is on or what it follows.

But this late in the run I am not too worried about ratings. We've got next season and if that is the last season I am okay with that...the show has had a good run!

Comment

I would really rather it end next year. I don't want this show to be dragged out like Smallville was.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabularasa
                  I would really rather it end next year. I don't want this show to be dragged out like Smallville was.
                  Me too.

Comment

Everyone keeps throwing that "dragged out like Smallville" line. I'm not gonna say I don't agree with it, but you gotta look at like this: two different shows, two different sets of writers. The problem with "Smallville" was we knew where it was going, we were just pissed off at how long it was taking them to get there. With SPN, we have no idea where it's going. Kripke had his plan for the Apocalypse apparently since its creation, but we didn't know this. Had the show been about the Apocalypse from the jump and it went all these seasons and STILL no Apocalypse, then yeah it would have to go. But this show has so many roads it can take. There's no telling where it will go which is why we always get hooked into wanting some more.

Like I said, if there's a story worth telling, go for it, but don't just pull something out of your ass just to make another season because CW wants it. Look at Buffy. How many seasons did it have and it was still good. The problem isn't the number of seasons, its all about maintaining the quality.

Comment

In terms of the quality, that's subjective. I feel like the quality of the show has taken a dive with season 6. And with the season finale, it's taken an even bigger dive. Unless season 7 does something amazing and I'm not liking Cas as a God at all, then IMO they should give me a crazy finish and end the show. The show has just been going down since the season 5 finale IMO.

Comment

Season 5 wasn't all that great to begin with anyway. Honestly, the quality of the show started going downhill with Season 4. As good as it was, when you incorporate powerful characters like angels it took away from the fun. Sure, it opened the door to brand new storylines, some we'd never dream of seeing in season 1-3 but at the same time it kinda takes away from what made the show cool. The boys always had to stop something by themselves, but now they've got angels that can just zap this and zap that which makes it boring sometimes. And because of this, some storylines end up not being handled all that well or creatively. Now everything can be explained with "the angels did it" and no ones gonna sit there and say "that's impossible".

I'm all for exploring new story possibilities but the show went from X-Files to Buffy, but its still good though, just not as good which like I said was happening before season 6. This season had a ton of great episodes, "Caged Heat" being my favorite. That's the kind of quality they need to keep up.

Comment

Eh, I disagree and that's why I said quality is subjective. I felt season 4 was the best season in terms of storytelling. It also doesn't make sense that the angels can do anything and make it less of a challenge for the brothers since it was the brothers who were able to stop the apocalypse, not the angels.

Comment

Ratings still not out? Not to be spiteful or anything, but if these ratings are higher then SV finale....

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎