Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lex Ran for President TWICE??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I can See lex running twice, hungry for Power, bending the politcal rules, That bald egomaniac

Comment

It has to be a foul up on tptb's part in Clark's dream of the future Lois and Clark are already married in 2013. I don't know about Homecoming if Lois had a wedding ring on,but in the series finale.In 2018 Lois and Clark aren't married but are about to get married. Why am I not surprised the powers that be keep screwing up continuity with the show?

Comment

Originally posted by Clois4eva89
        It has to be a foul up on tptb's part in Clark's dream of the future Lois and Clark are already married in 2013. I don't know about Homecoming if Lois had a wedding ring on,but in the series finale.In 2018 Lois and Clark aren't married but are about to get married. Why am I not surprised the powers that be keep screwing up continuity with the show?
        I just checked. In Homecoming Lois DOES NOT wear an engagement ring or a wedding ring. In Salvation she DOES. This has convinced me that Clark was, in fact, dreaming in the opening scene of Salvation.

Comment

They probably gave no thought to the episode salvation when writing this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
            Yep.......Smallville takes place on an AU Earth.
            Of course smallville takes place in an AU Earth.

Metropolis is NOT on the map nor is Smallville.
            And technically, Metropolis is a city with harbors surrounded by body water (like NewYork)
            You don't find that in Kansas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis_(comics)

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy-Prime
              They probably gave no thought to the episode salvation when writing this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              You do realize that people can and have run twice for President? Right?

Comment

Savation was a DREAM!! not the future.

Comment

Clark's vision of 2013 was a dream, not the real future, so we only know that Lex ran once. In any case, a candidate running more than once isn't unusual. In the real life elections, Adlai Stevenson ran twice in the 50s, beaten out by Eisenhower on both occasions.

Comment

The vision of 2013 wasn't a completely accurate depiction of the future. In the opening shot, we see that Watchtower building still standing in 2013 (but, it was destroyed in 2012, according to Smallville: Continuity). LuthorCorp is still LuthorCorp (but, it was renamed "LexCorp" in 2011). Lois and Clark are still in the basement of the Daily Planet. Yet, "Booster" (2011) saw Lois promoted upstairs (with Clark following in Smallville: Continuity). Visions of and visits to the future should always be considered "one possible future", rather than THE future.

When it comes to Lex. According to "Craving", Lex was 9-years-old in 1989. This would place his birth in 1980, making him 33 in 2013. As he's elected in 2018, the previous election (assuming there wasn't something that prompted the in-universe current president to be removed, with a new election being announced, after two years) would've been in 2014. At that time, Lex would've been 34. You have to be 35 to be elected as president. So, Lex may have announced his intent to run for president in 2013, but wasn't old enough to run until 2015 (three years before the next election).

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎