No announcement yet.

Chloe's legacy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KneelBeforeSmallville
    Chloe leaves behind a great legacy, shes a really important role in smallville and somthing to be proud of. She really supported Clark when he needed that. There was drama at some points, but she was always trying to help him.
    I like this too.

Yeah they've had their ups and downs but what friendships don't?

In the end Chloe has done the best she could to help shape the hero Chloe knew he could be even if that meant pushing him.

Comment

As Superman belongs to Clark and Lois, Clark and Chloe are the true heart of Smallville.

Comment

Never really thought about her being a mother to superheroes, but now I see the point and 100% agree. She was an essential part Smallville. And I think her character deserves some continuation in comic book form. I'll go on further to say that she should make an appearance or two on the next Superman series (cartoon or live-action). Her character is do.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
          I'll go on further to say that she should make an appearance or two on the next Superman series (cartoon or live-action). Her character is do.
          I don't think her character would work in a more action oriented take of Superman

Comment

Originally posted by vantheman77
            As Superman belongs to Clark and Lois, Clark and Chloe are the true heart of Smallville.
            I really felt that in Collateral when Lois was telling Clark in the world of Clark and Chloe thingsl ike this happen all of the time or something like that.

Comment

Chloe served her purpose in Smallville and she wouldn't have a role in Clark's future as Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto_Knight
                Now we can only hope that Chloe's legacy doesn't die with Smallville and that it continues on well into the comics for years to come.
                One can hope, but she made her first comic book appearance in Action Comics #893, and I'm not 100% convinced they got her right. Perhaps as a Smallville fan I just have high expectations/standards for the character. Definitely hope to see more of her in the comics and maybe even an animated series though.

Comment

Originally posted by chumchees
                  Chloe is God. Which is a higher rank than Superman. And one notch below Chuck Norris.

You better hope God doesn't read this?

Comment

Very beautifully expressed....

Comment

Not sure I'd call her a mother figure. Especially, seeing as several of the other heroes she's encountered (Oliver, Dinah, AC, J'onn J'onzz) are all older than her. So, why would they look to her as a maternal figure and for guidance?

As sad as it may sound, there doesn't appear to be any real legacy for Chloe. She worked in season 9 with getting the team back together and setting up Watchtower. However, she didn't found this group. Not to mention, when he wrote the season 11 comic, Bryan Q. Miller released a statement on Twitter, that this isn't the Justice League. Season 11 identifies it as the "Watchtower Network", with the formal Justice League being founded in the comic's conclusion by Superman, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Red Tornado (Tess), Martian Manhunter, Batman and Green Lantern. So, Chloe didn't play a key role in the formation of the Justice League, but in the development of an earlier group. One that the general public doesn't seem to acknowledge (based on the statue in "Continuity").

In season 10, she married Oliver Queen and then have a son with him in season 11. However, her absense of a wedding ring in the present day scenes in "Finale" (along with season 11), while having both a wedding ring and and engagement ring in 2018, suggests that they divorced. Then she married someone else and moved to Singapore. Her son's name is Jonathan. He isn't Connor Hawke (couldn't be Connor Hawke, as he's the wrong etnicity), so he won't grow up to take on the mantle of Green Arrow. With Chloe being a childhood friend of Clark and naming her son after his dad, the boy could be an allusion to Jon Ross (the pre-COIE son of Pete Ross). Granted, in the comics, Jon Ross was destined to become a great champion, but we can't prove that's the case for Jonathan Queen. He briefly looks over at a bow and arrows, but it'd be mere speculation that he'd grow up to become a costumed adventurer like his father. If he did, would he do it, because of Chloe's influence or because his dad's Green Arrow?

In "Legion", the titular group denies having ever heard of Chloe Sullivan. Now, changes in the timeline could've altered that, but it implies that Chloe Sullivan is someone who'll eventually be forgotten by the world. It doesn't tie into her erasing all records of herself in season 10, as we saw in "Fortune", that she had restored her identity. Meaning there would be existing records of her in the future. Which kinda makes her a tragic character. She was there beside Clark for the ten years leading up to him becoming Superman, but in the end, she's doomed to fall into obscurity in the history books.
                      Last edited by jon-el87; 10-10-2018, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎