Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you disappointed that Clark and Lois never got to say "I do"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blue85
    It would have been nice if TPTB delivered something that the season was about: Clark and Lois tying the knot or Clark stepping into the light "public." I don't know why they were so against delivering on their own concepts.

A-FREAKIN'-MEN!!!

What was the POINT of scene after scene, looooonnnnnnngggggggg conversation after conversation about Clark NEEDING to "STEP INTO THE LIGHT" for the ENTIRE season!!! But then......... in the Finale, he doesn't even freakin' SHOW HIS FACE to the people

Seriously W-T-F???

I have to to keep from crying!!!

It's too absurd for words and Clois NOT getting married for SEVEN freakin' YEARS!!! The PTB should have just skipped the stupid little BIT about the rings in the future and let us just believe they were married

I mean, why in the holy hell did they have to let us know that Clark and Lois were sooooo committed to being together that they couldn't find time to finish their ceremony in SEVEN YEARS time?!!!!

It's mind blowing!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycloisfan
      A-FREAKIN'-MEN!!!

What was the POINT of scene after scene, looooonnnnnnngggggggg conversation after conversation about Clark NEEDING to "STEP INTO THE LIGHT" for the ENTIRE season!!! But then......... in the Finale, he doesn't even freakin' SHOW HIS FACE to the people

Seriously W-T-F???

I have to to keep from crying!!!

It's too absurd for words and Clois NOT getting married for SEVEN freakin' YEARS!!! The PTB should have just skipped the stupid little BIT about the rings in the future and let us just believe they were married

I mean, why in the holy hell did they have to let us know that Clark and Lois were sooooo committed to being together that they couldn't find time to finish their ceremony in SEVEN YEARS time?!!!!

It's mind blowing!!!
      Thank you!! Actually, there were discussions about Clark stepping into the light so much earlier than this season. Remember his conversation with Chloe in the farmhouse and his demonstration of a quick change that had a slight "wardrobe malfunction?"

Like you, I cannot fathom why TPTB had to show us they weren't married 7 years later. Why not skip the bit with the rings and have Clark say he was going to be a few minutes late to dinner with friends, an interview, or anything else??? And who works on their wedding day, anyway? Even star reporters get a day off now and then.

Yeesh!!
      Last edited by Blue85; 08-04-2011, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Hello,

my english is not the best, but i have a question.
        In the last scene, in the year 2018.

Clark call Lois "Miss Lane".
        Why?
        Are they want to hide her wedding?

Or was that only a joke from Clark?
        Last edited by Vivi5432; 08-05-2011, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vivi5432
          Hello,

my english is not the best, but i have a question.
          In the last scene, in the year 2018.

Clark call Lois "Miss Lane".
          Why?
          Are they want to hide her wedding?

Or was that only a joke from Clark?
          Hi Vivi5432!
          Well. Yes. I think that Clark was joking or flirting with Lois. He called her the same way in 'Masquerade'.
          As for Clois being officially married, yes I was a little disappointed because the wedding got interrupted, and then we didn't get to see them married. Maybe the producers tried to do some kind of nod to the comics and the length of the Clois engagement period. Either way, I think I saw their relationship in a new light. Their myth and their bond grew stronger to my eyes. Being together (even without being legally married) during all that time it's like showing how strong they are as a couple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ankhara
            Hi Vivi5432!
            Well. Yes. I think that Clark was joking or flirting with Lois. He called her the same way in 'Masquerade'.
            As for Clois being officially married, yes I was a little disappointed because the wedding got interrupted, and then we didn't get to see them married. Maybe the producers tried to do some kind of nod to the comics and the length of the Clois engagement period. Either way, I think I saw their relationship in a new light. Their myth and their bond grew stronger to my eyes. Being together (even without being legally married) during all that time it's like showing how strong they are as a couple.
            I had that same idea that the 7 years would bring them closer to the ages of Superman and Lois in the comics. Also, I wasn't surprised the wedding was interrupted because Lois and Clark get married in the comics after he is Superman and SV Clark hadn't become Superman yet. How many times did Lois and Clark's wedding get interrupted in the Lois and Clark TV series, twice?

At least I got to see what a SV Lois and Clark wedding looked liked even if it wasn't completed. It was a beautiful ceremony with lovely vows that was still meaningful since Clark said companion and not wife, and Lois was his companion for those 7 years. I believe they were truly husband and wife in their hearts even if they didn't have a piece of paper saying so. I'm really glad the wedding was included in the first half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ankhara
              Hi Vivi5432!
              Thanks for your answer.
              So Lois and Clark don't hide their relationship?

(When they hide their relationship it would not make any sense. They live together in an apartment. Spend their time together...)

Comment

• Hell no.

Comment

• Not really. It didn't deter my overall enjoyment of the Finale. There were some scenes that I wish weren't in it, but that's what the fast forward button is for.

Comment

• Not anymore after 7 years he still wants to marry her and still finds her desirable plus, they live together like a married couple anyways so instead of another wedding it seems like they are eloping instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoveHurts38
                      Not anymore after 7 years he still wants to marry her and still finds her desirable plus, they live together like a married couple anyways so instead of another wedding it seems like they are eloping instead.
                      Eloping would have been fine, too. It still would have involved some sort of wedding which, to the "WTF" of many fans, never happened after 7 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                        The wedding already slowed the finale down long enough imo. The romantic moments in there (not just during the ceremony) were starting to cancel each other out atleast for me. So I'm glad it stopped where it did.
                        Well I agree that it stopped where it should have but I would still have like a bit more closure...I mean seriously. Can they finally get married already?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎