Lois and Clark wait 7 years to marry?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infinite Crisis happened.

Comment

I think they did, but mabey thats when they do the BIG EPIC Ceremoney were he flies with her in the wedding dress like the comics. They got married twice.

Comment

it was allowing a time period for all the comics where lois and clark aren't married. in the comics they didn't even get married till the mid 90s

Comment

They originally wanted to stall till season 17 but I guess we'll never know now why.

Comment

Yeah it definately doesn't make sense to me lol
            If it was about the comics/tradition- I mean Lois didn't even know about the secret with Clark. As far as I know they meet when he was superman...so I don't know why the writers would find that an issue.
            I dunno- they wanted to convey he is too busy as superman and she's busy as a careerwoman?

Comment

They have broken the whole mythology of the comics; however, when you fans cannot explain something, just say "it's like the comics". ... Hmmmmmm, yeah ¬¬'

Comment

Originally posted by Jeta
                They have broken the whole mythology of the comics; however, when you fans cannot explain something, just say "it's like the comics". ... Hmmmmmm, yeah ¬¬'
                Or just say its Sci-Fi

Comment

i am confused too !!

i hope to see their children

or just clark is so busy to be superman and everytime the planned 4 tha wedding something big happens :S idn

Comment

Originally posted by Jeta
                    the thing is they not supposed to know they're a comic, so waiting 7 years is a wth moment

----- Added 36 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by DAISHI
                    Infinite Crisis happened.
                    Could explain Jimmy
                    Last edited by Dominicus; 05-14-2011, 01:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Ya the 7 years thing makes no sense at all.
                      Clark and Lois had been working together for years.
                      Many of the work friends were at the interrupted marriage.
                      Lex now does not know Clark is Superman?
                      So the wait? Makes no sense at all.
                      Everybody at the planet was supposed to forget they were already together?
                      I get maybe trying to align it with comic canon. But you can't.
                      He's already defeated a whole bunch of enemies he faced as Superman.
                      Loved the ep. up till then... but way Lame ending.
                      Last edited by evilredknight; 05-14-2011, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Right, it was October 2017 in the future flash in "Homecoming". This probably took place around May 2018.

There is another thread, where it's theorized to make it similar to the equivalent time between Clark's proposal in the comics and the years that passed till we got the actual wedding in the comics--they were stalling with Doomsday and all that until after Lois and Clark got married on LnC.

But I agree, they shouldn't have waited to have them married till 2018. Unless DC Comics put restrictions on them.

Comment

Maybe they didn't get married because there was always something in the way? I mean he promised he would be there "later" but who knows if he's even going to make it this time.

And a wedding ring doesn't make a couple or a love stronger. Lois & Clark versus the World. That's all that matters.

Comment

Clark and Lois are clearly partners at the Daily Planet as Homecoming showed them sharing an office, even with Clark's name over top of Lois's on the office nameplate. Therefore, Clark pretending to have no relationship with Lois makes no sense. Since Homecoming's future trip was in 2017 and the ending scene was in 2018, I doubt Clark would have regressed as a reporter to go back into the basement.

The only thing that might make sense to me is that they are playing a game where Clark knows that calling her "Miss Lane" turns her on and it's their form of flirtation. Since Lois is wearing an engagement ring, it's clear that people know she's getting married. Oddly, though, she was not wearing an engagement ring in Homecoming. So to the public, it's possible that the two broke off their wedding publicly and didn't get engaged again until after the future Homecoming scene. For people to not know who she's marrying doesn't hold water. Lois's comment about cutting it out was probably meant to tell Clark that he didn't have to be his bumbling self with no one paying attention, not that they barely knew each other and had no relationship.

As for why it took them seven years to get married? Who knows? With all the cold feet both of them got, if I were them, I'd have gotten married sooner rather than later to prevent something from keeping them apart in the end.

Unfortunately, the writers gave us no indication why they took so long. Perhaps they're setting up for a sequel that takes place in 2018 with Lex Luthor as president and Superman as the resident superhero. Wouldn't that be fun? I can definitely see lots of future fanfics that take off from that finale.
                            Last edited by rigel; 05-14-2011, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Why Did They Wait 7 Years to get Married?

I know there are times in life where we don't get answers and things are not wrapped up in a tight little bow, but I will always wonder why it took them 7 years to get married. I guess that happens when you are looking for a companion and not a wife.

Comment

in the comics they get engaged in 1990 and marry in 1996, same as comics.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎