No announcement yet.

So did the real Lex die?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpfort1957
    I guess he did..............so we got Frankenlex...........built from clone parts, and 60 yr old Earth II heart!!!!!!
    This reminds me of:

Originally posted by xrayvision
    The Build-A-Lex Cadmus Labs Playset: Comes with plastic & 25 types of molds & dies to build a variety of Lexes that are all cheap knockoffs of the original.

Comment

Oh, he died all right. The real Lex, I mean. This thing that we ended up with does not have any of Lex's memories. Lex's experiences made him who he was. Therefore, this thing isn't real Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by Jennsen
        Oh, he died all right. The real Lex, I mean. This thing that we ended up with does not have any of Lex's memories. Lex's experiences made him who he was. Therefore, this thing isn't real Lex.
        Completely agree. I'm not too sure what the point was of even having Lex in this episode. His entire character's life was wiped out, including his conversation with Clark in the finale. Just a waste.

Comment

Lexenstien
          All he needs now is a couple of bolt in the sides of his neck.

Comment

Originally posted by chumchees
            But he won't live long since he has an old mans heart.
            An old man's heart full of Darkseid juice, which also explains why he is evil even with no memories.

Comment

All those clones...................and not a good right hand in the lot!!!!!!

Comment

A good right hand man is hard to find (and clone).

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                  Completely agree. I'm not too sure what the point was of even having Lex in this episode. His entire character's life was wiped out, including his conversation with Clark in the finale. Just a waste.
                  Same here. He may not have died in Requiem, but he certainly died in Finale. My favorite live action Lex...ruined.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                    All those clones...................and not a good right hand in the lot!!!!!!
                    Lol right

Comment

I hope xray's theory is correct. Otherwise, what we got in the Finale was a Lex made up entirely from clones. Including his brain. But since they didn't hint at Requiem Lex being a clone, I am fearing the worse. Funny how I was afraid that TPTB would drop the ball with Lex's arc if MR didn't return, but they did so anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                        Same here. He may not have died in Requiem, but he certainly died in Finale. My favorite live action Lex...ruined.
                        I really felt they should have kept Lex off the show after "Arctic". I was very vocal about that. The reason why is because no matter what the writers did, outside of any really creative piece of of writing that these writers simply aren't capable of, there were always going to be really big problems with Lex. If he was still alive, then it would've been very easy for him to send some guys to Clark's house and kill him. No need for anything else. If he was still alive without his memories of Clark, then the entire season 7 arc where he found out Clark's secret would have been a complete waste. And if he's a clone, then the real Lex is dead and we're left with a copy. It's amazing how the writers took the worst parts of everything I said above and that's what we ended up with. A Lex clone with no memory of Clark. Really, he had no memory of anything, which makes you wonder how he even became evil in the future. Terrible.

Comment

It could still be the real Lex. Using the Dominion Zod example, real Zod was a phantom that merged with the clone Zod, becoming one real living Zod again. Darkseid's deal could be something similar.

Comment

Does it really matter if the genetic material of his body was made from those of his clones? Darkseid was involved. As long as FrakenLex had, for lack of a better word, Lex's soul, then it's the same person. And since Darkseid seems to have a thing for souls in this version...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloning Blues
                              Does it really matter if the genetic material of his body was made from those of his clones? Darkseid was involved. As long as FrakenLex had, for lack of a better word, Lex's soul, then it's the same person. And since Darkseid seems to have a thing for souls in this version...
                              Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                                I really felt they should have kept Lex off the show after "Arctic".
                                I disagree. if I was writing the show I would have made a season long plot of Tess finds Lex in the Artic which I would have revisited a few time(with a couple 1-2 long minute scenes in select episodes) during the seasons where they try nurse him back to health and in the S8 final, I would have introduced the new and improved Lex

They easily could have recast Lex without it coming off stupid(his loks are disformed due to the events of Artic), come up with a logical reason why he is missing some memories(mainly Clark in the FOS) and that Lex could have been 100% badass unlike the wishy washy Lex we got in earlier seasons and been the main bad guy for the rest of the show.

The main problem I think was the show was so hellbent that MR was the only guy who could play Lex, that they passed up this opportunity that could have made alot of sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎