No announcement yet.

So did the real Lex die?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freawaru
    The original Lex had more than once problems with people who worshipped him. He never like those.
    But in a way there is a difference between Samantha Drake and Winslow Schott. Samantha Drake was a college student,and at first doing everything to help Lex get votes but got too obsessed with him and in a way got in his way of getting Senator, he still had some good feelings for the Kents at the time. Winslow Schott on the other hand was a genius who used to work for his competition who was a person both Lex and Winslow admittedly hated and in a way Toyman served Lex's purpose at the time. As we see starting seeing(especially post season 8) with the people who worked for LuthorCorp: board members, scientists, assistant(Gina, Tess before Bulletproof, Regan Matthews) and workers and even Lionel Luthor from a Parallel Universe these guy revered and think the world of Lex and call him a genius pretty much loyal to Lex. Other people like Lana Lang, Carter Bowfry, Tess Mercer and Edward Groll (who even though he premiered in season 6 has been working with Lex since the first meteor shower) either knew Lex well enough who worked with or beside Lex they were willing to betray him and take him down. So the people we see were essentially Lex’s worshipers in a way with different purposes.

Originally posted by Freawaru
    He wasn't or at least he shouldn't have been. All he would have needed to do is contact his directors instead of Toyman and he would have bank accounts and all that back. He had been declared dead before and it never had been a problem.
    Yes he was declared dead when Lionel was in charge and they didn’t have any big falling out yet, with Lionel suspicious of Lex’s wife.

However per his written instructions, Tess was not only put in charge of LuthorCorp and the Daily Planet but she had access to all of Lex’s files, Journals, etc. She didn’t like or trust Lex so she closed up his bank accounts, declared him dead and took a merger that essentially left a man he hates in charge of LuthorCorp.
    And look at the Lex in the comics at the time of Smallville Lex:
    2008-2011: Lex Luthor (in fact what happened SV Lex also happened so this is being faithful to the comics at well as happened to DCAU Lex in, Lois and Clark Lex Luthor) was more or less broke and back in evil scientist mode before he gain his company back after the events of New Krypton/Blackest Night and Brightest Day
    Originally posted by Freawaru
    I still think it makes no sense. The authors created a Lex who made sense for seven seasons but in season eight the authors suddenly make him inconsistent.
    You’re right about one things the writers did make a consistent Lex (season 8 Lex was consistent despite your feelings)
    Al Gough and Miles Millar description of Lex Luthor

Smallville: The Official Companion Season 5
    Season 5-6 Lex:
    Al Gough believes that Lex's political motivations are based on his lust for power. Rosenbaum echoes that opinion, believing that Lex can never get enough; "Lex is an insatiable character". Rosenbaum believes that nothing will satisfy Lex's hunger, and that he will keep going until he is president of the United States. Even then, he will keep trying to make the majority of people like and believe in him.
    2005 TV Guide "Returning Favorites" (http://z13.invisionfree.com/the_star...uad/ar/t32.htm) : Lex's (Michael Rosenbaum) turn toward the dark side will pick up speed and isn't going to help his shaky friendship with Clark. Says Gough, "Lex has an insatiable need for power, which starts to overcome him."

TV Guide: Anything else you can tease about Season 6?
    Gough: The theme is the rise of Lex Luthor. You're definitely going to see the more ruthless Lex Luthor you know from the comic books really start to emerge.
    Miles Millar

This is an archive for Smallville spoiler discussions throughout the course of the series. Since there are no more new episodes, thread creation is no longer enabled... please take new discussions to General Discussion or individual episode sections.

Miles Millar Interview - Smallville Magazine (#19)
    The priority of the show is always about Clark, of course, but Lex is certainly going to take a dark turn. This is the beginning of the end for him. His humanity is being worn down. He's becoming increasingly evil. His love for Lana has driven him crazy, really.
    Michael Rosenbaum description of Lex Luthor:

Season 5:

TV Guide: There has been some debate over what Lex's end-of-"Lexmas" declaration of war against Jonathan is really about. Care to shed some light on his decision to fight dirty?
    Michael Rosenbaum: I have to let your imagination fly with that one [because] I can't leak such information! [But] I think he feels that if you have enough money and enough power, you can pretty much control anyone. It's bad enough when in real life it's not working out for you, but even when you dream...?! [Laughs]
    TV Guide: Lex already has money and power. Why the need to be senator? Is it for the free postage?
    Rosenbaum: I don't want to use the analogy of George Bush, but it almost seems that when you hold an office, you tend to have more power. In his last line [in "Lexmas"], Lex says he wants it all. If he gets to make all the big decisions and doesn't have to look up to anyone, he has the freedom to do more of what he wants.
    TV Guide: Lex's decision could make him more like his father than he wants to be. Or does he want to be?
    Rosenbaum: They always say that as a kid, you're a product of your environment, and Lex had been fighting that forever. The last person he wants to become is his father, but I think he's slowly accepting the fact that regardless of how much he tries to run, there's always going to be that part of him that resembles his father.
    This has been a whole journey of Lex becoming the ultimate villain in comic-book history: His mother dies, his brother Julian dies and he's got this evil dad. To watch him grow up trying to do the right thing all the time, it's like, "He deserves to kick some ass right now!" There's nothing like telling someone off or having someone killed. On the show, of course.
    (http://www.people.com/people/mobile/...138251,00.html)

May 19, 2004:
    Michael Rosenbaum talked to SCI FI Wire about Lex Luthor's potential journey into evil. "The great part is that fans embrace the character," he said. "He's not just going from good to bad right away. It's the journey to try and prevent the inevitable."
    Michael also confirmed that Lex will be taking a darker path. "Lex is just trying to stay focused and do the right thing," Rosenbaum said. "But he keeps going and drifting off. The powers that be—one of them being his father [John Glover as Lionel Luthor]—just push him further and further to the dark side. That's where they're heading. People always say, 'Oh, what's going to happen with Lex? We saw a little sparkle in his eye.' There's always that, and there's always finding out the truth. I think the finale is very important."
    page 104 of season 6 companion book:
    “I don’t think Lex is such an evil guy. I think he definitely uses people and their abilities to get what he wants sometimes, and I think that’s maybe a bit of foreshadowing to his inevitably using Superman’s powers to rule the world. But perhaps he’s using these things to, in a way, help people. Maybe he has the big picture. Maybe the big picture completely changes once he has given up on everybody always accusing him."
    Caroline Dries said about Lex in Nemesis (wrote episodes like Cyborg, Oracle, Subterranean, Nemesis, Action, Fracture, Toxic and Infamous) on page 96 of season 6 companion book:
    “We wanted the audience to think that Lex had walked away, and then it’s a surprise when he came back. The best part of that episode was Lex basically admitting Clark was his best friend, his only friend. And I think the way Michael played it was really good, you see that he still loves Clark a lot and he regrets how it has all turned out. We decided to do this episode here because Lex is really at his most evil ever. What better episode to do when Clark and Lex have never been more at odds? Let’s throw them in a room together and see what happens. It had got to the point, at the end of season six, where it’s like, ‘What else could Lex do to possibly be more evil?’ He’s definitely getting harder and harder, because how many times can you say your projects are for the greater good?"
    Smallville Writers and Executive Producers Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer Reveal Shocking Details of the Season's Final Episodes
    This is an archive for Smallville spoiler discussions throughout the course of the series. Since there are no more new episodes, thread creation is no longer enabled... please take new discussions to General Discussion or individual episode sections.

Me: You've really veered into some heavy psychodrama with Lex and Lana in the second half of season six, especially when Lex gave her hormones to make her believe she was pregnant.
    Todd Slavkin: That was so wonderfully depraved for Lex's character. We've always seen his dark side, but that depravity
    Darren Swimmer: He's gone into the shadowy darkness
    TS: of a psychopath.
    Me: So in your minds the point where Lex totally turned the corner was the baby story and the fact that he was faking his own bride's pregnancy?
    DS: Yeah, because he's so insecure he couldn't believe she would marry him otherwise. I always think, last year in Aqua, when Lex had Aquaman on that table and wasn't giving him any water, that was sort of like a new level of direct evil for him. This year it's almost to a level of depravity, because he's doing this with the woman he loves more than anything in the world. Lex truly does love Lana. It's the bizarre expression of love and the insecurities wrapped up in it that make his depravity really enticing. You know he's screwed up because of his father. You know where this came from. The show has done a wonderful job in showing what turned Lex dark in terms of his father. We always kind of feel sorry for him in the back of our minds.
    TS: Michael Rosenbaum always carries that sense of a tortured soul that makes his character more likeable.
    Me: You touch on that in Nemesis when Clark says that for a brief instant he saw something in Lex he hadn't seen in years: His friend.
    DS: The notion of Lex having no friendship to compare his own relationship to Clark to is really powerful. Clark's truly the only friend he's ever had. At the end of the show Clark says to his mother, "Did I cause him to be dark? My rejection of him?" There are some really great, deep issues that they both have to face.
    Me: It's interesting that you had Lex become totally dark in the pregnancy story, yet in Nemesis there are moments in which you remind us that he used to be a nice guy.
    DS: The greatest villains in the world are the ones that we like. We will continue to illuminate Lex's humanity, like you have to do with any great villain. If he's just a mustache-twirling bad guy it's not interesting.
    The writer’s intent was to show a Lex Luthor who is going to be world’s greatest supervillains, a man who craves power (makes sense in season 8 since he lost power in a considerable way in the form of the Prometheus suit and Lex’s fortune so he’s trying to regain it), to be loved and had an obsession (especially with Clark and his secret, Clark’s alien ships) and shows his trials in becoming a power hungry supervillain from the comics. the pilot to Descent shows him becoming evil and Arctic and Finale shows his accepting his role as Clark's enemy and the villain of the story. Michael Rosenbaum described Lex as a “sinister, dark, ambiguous character on TV”, each season show Lex slowly becomes darker and more like the Lex of the comics and season 5 become more. In Descent and Arctic, Clark and Lex basically became mortal enemies, who Lex after learning was the Traveler and thought he was an alien threat probably easily connected/realized what Clark was doing like Evil Lex did in Onyx. Lex showed his hatred to Green Arrow and the Justice League members declaring them terrorists basically to Green Arrow, Lionel Luthor, and Black Canary. He was very consistent with what Lex become post Descent pre Arctic as well as season 5-7 Lex.
    Last edited by ironman29758; 07-27-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by xrayvision
      I'm confused. Was the real Lex killed in Requiem or was he cooped up in that area ever since returning from the Arctic? Also, was that area he was in under the Luthor mansion? If that's the case, then it's only fitting he was there the entire time under Tess' nose.
      Yep, The "real Lex" died when Oliver blew him up (season 8). They never changed their story on that. Hence the Lex that returned in Finale was a clone with implanted memories. A different soul, whose memories were erased by the end of the episode, to remove his knowledge of Clark and his secret.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjgravitas
        Yep, The "real Lex" died when Oliver blew him up (season 8). They never changed their story on that. Hence the Lex that returned in Finale was a clone with implanted memories. A different soul, whose memories were erased by the end of the episode, to remove his knowledge of Clark and his secret.
        But according to two writers(Bryan Q.Miler and Al Septien) The Lex in the series finale was the Lex from season 1-7 and Requiem only with pieces of the original Lex, clone pieces and Lionel's black heart, Lex was wearing the same gear he wore in Requiem and had a burnt hand plus Lx-0(a few posters did point it this could mean it's the original Lex) and we saw the original Lex in Lazarus in the white suit in the land between Life and Death but since we didn't see any thing after or any talk of Lex's soul.
        Last edited by ironman29758; 07-27-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjgravitas
          But according to two writers(Bryan Q.Miler and Al Septien) The Lex in the series finale was the Lex from season 1-7 and Requiem only with clone pieces and Lionel's black heart, Lex was wearing the same gear he wore In Requiem and had a burnt hand plus Lx-0(a few posters did point it this could mean it's the original Lex).

Pretty much A double post. Sorry.

The lab Lex was in was Cadmus Labs which was introduced in season 1 and expanded on in season 10.
          Last edited by ironman29758; 07-27-2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• This question still bugs me and remains unanswered. If the Lex in the LX0 chamber was being healed with cloned parts from Cadmus Labs, they never even explained who was overseeing the "rebuilding" of Lex and bringing the cloned parts to the chamber under the mansion or who was performing the surgeries needed. It's possible Regan was not killed by Tess when he was being held prisoner or maybe he was and had been tending to Lex until that happened.

Like I said way earlier in this thread, that room had been built a while ago. There's no way it was built under Tess' nose while she was living in the mansion, which is strong evidence that the Lex blown up in Requiem couldn't be the original Lex who went to the Arctic and had to be rebuilt in that chamber which was after Tess had been living there. One can say that maybe Lex was transported there while Tess was taken to Cadmus Labs for reviving in the events between Salvation and Lazarus, but I don't think Lex would have ever put his rebuilt body in Cadmus in case it was discovered but always had it in the safest place---that hidden room in his mansion that nobody else knew about.

Right now the most logical explanation is that the real Lex returned from the Arctic with injuries but was alive and used a clone or a cyborg of himself with living tissue built by the Toyman (like the one Clark found of the Toyman in Echo) to make the world think he was dead so they wouldn't bother looking for him. We know that Lex found out about Darkseid after reading the Veritas journals, which were in Clark's possession, and the only way he could have done that is by going to the barn undetected since they were still in Clark's possession in season 10. I posted in a theory that he could have been using cloaked invisibility like he used on Wes Keenan in Prototype because in Echo for a brief moment Oliver saw his reflection in a glass door that he threw his drink at. Both Requiem and Echo involved the Toyman and both involved Lex of some sorts so is it merely a coincidence?

Anyway, if something like this did happen, then sometime later it could have been that Lex's heart gave out and he had to be placed in that chamber. I mentioned that he was seen in the afterlife void Clark was stuck at in the episode Lazarus. I also mentioned in my theory thread that Lex could have had access to an improved version of the serum Lance in Void developed and had been using it to learn the secrets of the afterlife that clearly existed as seen with Jonathan's knowledge of Darkseid that Clark was not aware of. So it would make sense if as a result of overuse of the death serum from Void that Lex's heart gave out much like he gets cancer in his hand in the comics as a result of wearing the kryptonite ring for a long time. Lex definitely wouldn't need a clone Lex heart to be revived but could've easily had someone healthy killed and had their heart implanted in his body.

So putting it all together, here's what I envision for the real Lex Luthor who should be depicted to be brilliant & not sloppy enough to let himself get blown up:

Regan for a while was tending to Lex, helping him heal from any injuries he sustained from the Arctic and then got captured by Tess' people and eventually escaped somehow to return to Lex who was still up & about and using invisibility technology to get around undetected and learn the secrets of his enemies since he no longer had Tess' eyes to look through after she got rid of the camera implants Lex had put in her eyes. At the same time he was using the death serum to learn the secrets of the afterlife that those beyond the grave were privy to, much like Jonathan in Lazaus knew about Darkseid and Lillian Luthor in Lexmas knew about Lex's future. Then his heart gave out from using the death serum too much and Regan had him placed in the LX0 chamber to await a heart transplant which he intended to get from a clone at Cadmus Labs as that would make it undetected versus kidnapping someone and removing their heart which would have Clark and others likely investigating it. When that failed as a result of the old Lex clone in Lazarus destroying the other clones, Lex remained in the chamber until Earth-2 Lionel sacrificed himself to bring Lex back.

Something like this would show Lex in a brilliant light instead of being sloppy and letting himself get killed by Oliver of all people. I don't think Lex can be taken seriously as Sageeth/Clark's/Superman's greatest enemy if he let himself get killed that easily. The way I explained, he would use his technology, namely the invisibility seen in Prototype and the death serum, which his company could have improved upon after its creator Lance died and had plenty of samples by his corpse for Lex to have stolen, in Void to move around undetected while expanding & feeding his thirst for knowledge by learning the secrets of his enemies. It would also classically depict Lex as someone who would only be undone by his own hands, drawing a parallel between how he was forced to clone himself and have his brain transplanted into the clone body as a result of the cancer from wearing the kryptonite ring had spread and became terminal in the comics to my suggestion of him overusing the death serum so that it would've caused him heart failure and would get a new heart to continue on being a threat to Clark and defy death. That's the type of Lex I want.

I realize though that the series is over and we'll never get answers to so many questions. Even if some of the writers would weigh in now, it would not matter or even be canon since no one writer has the final say on what they intended at the time and it would happen outside the continuity of the show. The only one who could have possibly tended to Lex based on logic and evidence was Regan and he looked like he was killed or at the very least seriously injured and being held. It's a shame they spent so much time on stuff like the VRA, relationships, and with horrible fillers like Fortune and Prophecy but failed to ensure that the details of the return of the most important villain in the series were all ironed out and flawless with no plotholes.

If I was a showrunner of the last 3 seasons of the series, I would have made to have a plan starting from season 8 until the series finale to drop hints of Lex's return whether or not I knew MR would return to reprise the role for a final time. I loved the way they subtly had Lex progress from being just a rich guy in the Pilot to him being obsessed in all things alien & having pulled Lionel into the same obsession. Here's how it happened:

1. We see present day Lex driving to the Luthorcorp plant in his car thanking Lionel sarcastically (Pilot)

2. Lex gets curious about Clark after he saved him in the Porsche accident (Pilot)

3. Lex gets blackmailed by Roger Nixon & overturns the blackmailing to hire him to investigate the Porsche accident (X-Ray)

4. Lex reads Chloe's Torch articles about meteor freaks and then meets her at the Torch and listens to her theories in person (Craving)

5. Lex hires Dr. Stephen Hamilton to study the meteors & their effects (Craving)

6. Lex expands his obsession on kryptonite and made a purchase (particle accelerator) that he keeps secret from Lionel on a disk that Wade Mahaney & his friends steal & blackmail Lex for (Kinetic)

7. Lionel offers Lex a job in Metropolis to get Lex to where he could watch over him (Stray)

8. Lionel starts getting more curious why Lex is staying in Smallville & what he is spending unaccounted money on and sends Dominic after Lex to find out but Lex delivers him back to Lionel in the trunk of a limo (Reaper)

9. Lex & Dr. Hamilton find the key to Clark's spaceship, proof of alien life & technology on Earth after Lex spoke to crop dusting pilot Eddie Cole who told him he saw a ship crash on the day of the meteor shower (Obscura)

10. Lionel ultimately closes the plant to force Lex back to Metropolis which Lex fought and resulted in Lionel being in the mansion on the day the tornadoes hit and led to his blindness (Tempest & Vortex)

11. Lionel with his unending curiosity of what Lex was up to decides to stay with Lex in the mansion and finds out about the ship in Dr. Hamilton's barn (Duplicity)

12. Lionel finds loose bullets after they were fired in a room with him, Clark & rogue U.S. marshal Ted Palmer and even though he was blind at the time, he could feel how they were not lodged in any material like they would normally have been & comments what a special young man Clark is for the first of many times (Red)

Look how brilliantly & beautifully written the progression of Lex & Lionel getting obsessed with alien life, technology & the meteors & their effects was done, and that just kept flowing into the events of Nocturne (Lionel hiring Martha & knowing Clark is the one who stopped the hulked out Byron), Skinwalker (Lex & Lionel learning about the Kawatche cave that Clark helped discover), Insurgence (Lionel revealed to have found the octagonal key & again knew Clark saved the day & even had a file on him while Martha takes the octagonal key), Fever (Martha getting sick after hiding the octagonal key she took from Lionel, Clark also getting sick and having blood drawn from him by Helen Bryce), and so on where the blood Helen drew from Clark went on to being a major plot of season 3. When you look at the overall plot from the Pilot to Red and beyond that what I just laid out takes place throughout, it doesn't seem subtle at all but if you look at these events in an episode by episode basis, you don't really get any big clues as to what will happen next. That's what I call excellent writing and that same type of writing should have been used for the return of Lex. Writing where if you look at it from episode to episode, you wouldn't really know how it would be connected to Lex though in a way you'd know it must be Lex-related. But if you rewatch the whole plot and look at the big picture from seasons 8-10 you would see that the seeds of Lex's return had been planted ever since his disappearance. That's how I wanted the return of Lex to be done and unfortunately it didn't happen. Season 9 barely had any mention of him and I think Echo could have been one of those subtle hints about what Lex was really up to had they done a better job writing his return. Instead it seems like they crapped on & disrespected his character during the seasons Lex was not a main character.

If it was up to me, I would have completely gone with the idea of Lex using invisibility to stay hidden & learn Clark's, Oliver's & Tess' secrets as well as the secrets of others and the death serum to learn even more what the secrets the "other side" had. That would have shown how absolutely over the top obsessive Lex would be for knowledge that he would even enter death's veil temporarily to get any edge he can. It would all make sense because as of Arctic he absolutely knew that Clark was the Naman to his Sageeth and was his greatest enemy. Lex knew that Clark was way ahead in terms of what Clark knew about him after lying about his secret for all those years so Lex would have to level the playing field by learning Clark's secrets.

On top of all that, I would have also explained Lex as being the Jor-El clone's killer in Kandor. When Clark found the dying Jor-El he asked who attacked him and Jor-El's reply was that he didn't know. In the end they explained it to be Alia but that doesn't make sense because Jor-El knew who Alia and every Kandorian was as he collected their DNA and placed their DNA samples in the orb. Some people said that he withheld his killer's name to prevent Clark from killing them in revenge, but that too doesn't make sense as Zod killed Alia after finding out in the timeline where the solar towers never went online, so why wouldn't he have done the same in the original doomed timeline where the Alia of the future came from? The towers in both timelines weren't ready until the same day, which happened to fall on the morning after the last scene in the episode Persuasion, which took place on Valentine's Day and I think the day after. The episode Kandor took place 2 episodes before Pandora, which was when Clark & Tess found out how the future would turn out from Lois' memories. So as of the episode Kandor, there should not be huge differences between the timelines other than Lois being back. But Lois being back should've had no effect on Jor-El's death in the doomed timeline where he would have told Clark the same thing about not knowing his killer because in the revised timeline he had no knowledge that there was a previous timeline that was doomed where Zod would get his powers from solar towers. If that was Jor-El withholding the truth to prevent Clark from killing Alia, then it would've happened the same way the 1st time around in the doomed timeline and he would have told Clark to save Zod in that timeline as well, so Clark should not have had any animosity towards Zod in that timeline that he didn't have in the revised one where the towers were destroyed before going online. In fact, if anything, Clark seemed to have been closer to Zod in that timeline by letting the towers go online and by being closer, he should have been able to get Zod to find out even earlier that Alia was the killer than he did in the revised timeline. In the revised timeline, Alia's funeral happened in Persuasion as well (same episode that Clark destroyed the towers in), so in both timelines Alia should have been dead before the solar towers went online, which would have been before any of the events in Lois' memories shown in Pandora happened (Zod trapping humans, Clark, etc). Yet in the original doomed timeline, she was still alive. Zod was angry regarding Alia killing Jor-El in the revised timeline and I see no reason why he wouldn't be angry and execute Alia in the original timeline. Using my idea regarding Lex having invisibility and monitoring the events of Smallville & Metropolis, Lex would have been the best person to have killed Jor-El's clone because he hates aliens and by making it look like it was Zod, Lex would try to get Clark's hands covered with Zod's blood and corrupt him forever. And Lex would be someone who Jor-El wouldn't recognize, so what he told Clark about not knowing his attacker when Clark found him dying would be the truth & would be consistent with him not knowing who Lex was. This would have been one of those hints that Lex was alive & well that they could've dropped and season 9 really needed those hints. I remember reading at the time that Kelly Souders was trying to get Michael back to play Lex, so I really wonder if the original intention was to reveal Jor-El's killer as Lex. I started a theory about Lex being Jor-El's killer not long after the episode Kandor aired. It follows another theory I made about the Lex in Requiem being a clone with memories given to him that would make him hate Clark & Lana or a cyborg with similar memories built with tissue, DNA, skin, etc from a Lex clone housing a bomb inside that would have been a prototype cyborg built by the Toyman much like he (Toyman) built the cyborg of himself in Echo. Here are the 2 theories in case anyone is interested:

Bride & Requiem Lex being a cyborg:
            Post your wildest theories, speculation, musings about what's going to happen on the show. ALL threads containing spoilers must be marked with the word SPOILER in the subject line.

Lex being Jor-El's killer:
            Post your wildest theories, speculation, musings about what's going to happen on the show. ALL threads containing spoilers must be marked with the word SPOILER in the subject line.

Anyway, imagine if all this happened how Clark & Lex's meeting would have been in the series finale. Instead of Lex just calling out Clark's name, Clark could have heard some rustling with his superhearing and with his xray-vision seen someone was cloaked and said "reveal yourself" only for him & us to see Lex Luthor decloaking with an evil smirk on his face starting the conversation with "you'd be surprised at how much one can learn when nobody senses their presence, Kal-El" and would go on to say "We did a nice job of getting rid of those Kryptonians...with me getting rid of your father and you pretty much the rest of them...I always knew we'd make a great team Clark". Clark would realize that he would have to avoid killing Lex for what he did to Jor-El to be the light that would save the world from Darkseid, so his restraint would be logical and justified. After Clark questions how Lex is alive, Lex would tell Clark "You've known my secrets for years so I decided to learn yours while making you & your friends think I was dead, but I'm back now and though you'll have to save the planet from a great danger, don't forget who your greatest enemy really is". He would go on to say what he did about villains needing their heroes to be great but I would have changed it to be that Lex promises Clark to be a great hero because to him Clark is the villain as a callback to the final scene in Talisman. And Lex would wrap it up with "After 500 years of the world waiting with nothing but tales told about us on cave walls, let's not disappoint". Now that would have given so much more weight to Lex's return and the callbacks/continuity would have been spectacular.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎