Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Finale?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like I said like maybe 2-3months ago; Itīs hard to make better seasons endings when a show has been going on for 10years(ore 10seasons).
    But they succeed in my book!

Originally posted by DravenX
    What kind of finale was that? Everyone who worked on the finale should be ashamed to end it like that. Got to be the worse finale in the history of television.

Comment

• wow what to say about this episode. well to start off a good episode. thing is we didn't see clark in the suit just the cgi effect. darksied fight was not that long kinda like the doomsday fight but entirtaing because clark learned to fly! the ending was a classic. the wedding of lois and clark was ok but the thing that made it entertaing was the oliver and clark fight i like how oliver tryed to use golden kryptionight on clark. sucks we didn't see lana in the last episode because i want to see kristen to come back one more time. Now to lex and clark wow awesome scenes must say. cool to see michael back in smallville bring back memories. cool to see clark's parent back. but in counclussion a good episode!

Comment

• Why wouldn't they mind-wipe Lex? Him knowing Clark/Kal El/Superman's alter egos would leave a bigger plot hole than anything else they left hanging. What would stop him from just exposing Clark in the beginning? I liked the Superman comics that had Lex actually LIKING Clark Kent.

As far as me, I gave it a 10. Only because I was happy about seeing a lot of things going down (Chloe especially since I thought she was done) more so than I was mad about the missing pieces (AC, Cyborg, Bart, BrainIAC etc etc etc).

I loved the foreshadowing to LexCorp. I loved the flashbacks Clark had right before flight. I loved seeing Chloe in a real send off. I loved seeing Lex back in his rightful place as king villian.

I was one that sat through the entire 2 hours with a goofy grin on my face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Formo
          Why wouldn't they mind-wipe Lex? Him knowing Clark/Kal El/Superman's alter egos would leave a bigger plot hole than anything else they left hanging. What would stop him from just exposing Clark in the beginning? I liked the Superman comics that had Lex actually LIKING Clark Kent.

As far as me, I gave it a 10. Only because I was happy about seeing a lot of things going down (Chloe especially since I thought she was done) more so than I was mad about the missing pieces (AC, Cyborg, Bart, BrainIAC etc etc etc).

I loved the foreshadowing to LexCorp. I loved the flashbacks Clark had right before flight. I loved seeing Chloe in a real send off. I loved seeing Lex back in his rightful place as king villian.

I was one that sat through the entire 2 hours with a goofy grin on my face.

I agree with everything you said. I had the goofy grin and I cried too. Loved it. I gave it a 10, but would give it more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Formo
            Why wouldn't they mind-wipe Lex? Him knowing Clark/Kal El/Superman's alter egos would leave a bigger plot hole than anything else they left hanging. What would stop him from just exposing Clark in the beginning? I liked the Superman comics that had Lex actually LIKING Clark Kent.

I loved seeing Lex back in his rightful place as king villian.
            Belle Reve is full of people who could expose Clark if they wanted to. Wouldn't be hard to piece it together that Clark is the Blur and the Blur is Superman so why didn't they get mindwiped if it's such a big deal?

An episode before the Finale we had the freaking Toyman knowing Clark's secret and deciding not to tell because of some lousy & light on substance reason. I still liked it but only because it reminded me of what was done on "Batman: Hush".

Still the same could have been done with Lex. He would keep quiet because he wants a nemesis to battle against like he said just before to Clark himself. The writers write a getaway plan for themselves but then fail to utilize it and bring in a needless mindwipe.

Lex Luthor on Smallville did like Clark, they were friends for a long time and it would have been cool for the Finale to honor those times even if the two ended up being enemies. Taking away the memories takes away the special quality that Smallville had given to the Superman-Lex rivalry. SV actually managed to make it more personal but at the last second pulled the plug and tread old ground.

And when did you see Lex as the villain post mindwipe? He was the president of the U.S but otherwise he had a new start. Tess said it herself, he'd lose everything. Not only did Smallville wipe off years of brilliant character developement, they crapped on their own idea of nurture being more important than nature.

If Lex turns evil and we don't see it (because it's a fresh start) then it's anti-climatic, pointless and dumb to have him on the show for the first seven seasons.
            Last edited by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow; 07-05-2011, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
              Belle Reve is full of people who could expose Clark if they wanted to. Wouldn't be hard to piece it together that Clark is the Blur and the Blur is Superman so why didn't they get mindwiped if it's such a big deal?
              After thinking this over the last couple of months, it's not just that they mindwiped Lex, it's that they essentially killed him off. This was not the real Lex anyway in the finale so I really question why the writers would take a once great character and do something like this. Lex never should have appeared in this finale. I said it long before the episode aired and nothing will change my mind regarding that.

Comment

And it was vain since they didn't get married. I admit I did not want a wedding in S10 because really, it didn't serve the plot nor did it tell anything new about the characters we already didn't know. But since it was build up they had to deliver...and the one thing that would have made it somewhat worthwhile didn't happen...go figure.

The Finale has so many characters and weird stuff (phantom Jonathan) that should make watching it without the context scratch your head and not work on it's own...but it's still less dumber than if you look at S10 especially anything Darkseid related.
                It's better if you watch the second part of the Finale alone. First hour was a waste.

Comment

• 10! great first half emotionally, great second half action and story conclusion-wise. The resolution of all the "trials" before Clark finally flew was a great internal solution to an internal problem, he always had the ability but was caught up in his mind. Only gripe was the suit the Tom "wore" ... otherwise an amazing end to 10 years!

Comment

An episode before the Finale we had the freaking Toyman knowing Clark's secret and deciding not to tell because of some lousy & light on substance reason. I still liked it but only because it reminded me of what was done on "Batman: Hush".

Still the same could have been done with Lex. He would keep quiet because he wants a nemesis to battle against like he said just before to Clark himself. The writers write a getaway plan for themselves but then fail to utilize it and bring in a needless mindwipe.

Lex Luthor on Smallville did like Clark, they were friends for a long time and it would have been cool for the Finale to honor those times even if the two ended up being enemies. Taking away the memories takes away the special quality that Smallville had given to the Superman-Lex rivalry. SV actually managed to make it more personal but at the last second pulled the plug and tread old ground.

And when did you see Lex as the villain post mindwipe? He was the president of the U.S but otherwise he had a new start. Tess said it herself, he'd lose everything. Not only did Smallville wipe off years of brilliant character developement, they crapped on their own idea of nurture being more important than nature.

If Lex turns evil and we don't see it (because it's a fresh start) then it's anti-climatic, pointless and dumb to have him on the show for the first seven seasons.
                    I watched the finale for the second time last night--first time was when it aired, on my 19 inch computer. Glad to have seen it on a big screen set at last.

I was ok with the mindwipe at first, since we did learn that in less then eight years Lex was going to be elected president. I figured he's get most of his memories back somehow.
                    But ya know...Boy Scout has a real good point. Lex made it clear he wanted Clark to be the best superhero he could be, for only that way could Lex be the best supervillain he could be. (Holy Megamind, Batman!) So it would have been ok if the thing ended with Lex knowing who Clark was...even if Clark threw him in jail for killing Tess (one of the most tragic characters in TV history, but that's for another post). So, yeah, the mindwipe was pointless.

Comment

• Yes, I am writing very late. I've been busy.

The 1st hour was better than the 2nd. I liked the fight between Oliver & Clark. I hated the fight between Clark and Darkseid.

Clark should have worn the suit.

Green Arrow should have ended with Black Canary.

I will miss this show, nonetheless. I am still hoping they make TV movies. At least TV movies wont have filler episodes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken Chang
                        I will miss this show, nonetheless. I am still hoping they make TV movies. At least TV movies wont have filler episodes.
                        Two words.

Superman Returns.

Comment

• Since i have had time to embrace the Finale and the culture i gotta say i Love it even more. The cast & crew have had time to talk about it and they stand behind it, they know some people were let down but they didnt fold and i know Tom and everyone is very proud of the show, i am. The finale represents alot of Iconic moments of Smallville. I would of loved if WB really put it on a grand scale, gave them a proper budget, mabey built Tom a real suit? But when ya look at it, the finales amazing, the personal moments with the characters out shine any of the action. This is all IMO but the Lois and CLark stuff is so amazing and Tom & Erica have mabey the best chemistry iv scene in any big hero franchise.

In a nutshell im saying i really loved the finale, i like what it stood for, I cant fault the producers for not putting somthing big on screen if they couldnt do it in a way, I cant judge the work of art by its faults. Its sad to see Smallville over, ill always hold onto it and i hope everyone else does. It means alot to me and i hope more.

I think the Finale was a great launching pad for somthing else, I hope to see Tom & the gang return to the characters again.

Comment

• I only like the finale for being stand-alone.

Comment

• Smallville Final

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                              The last Smallville "loved it/hated it" thread. This will open once the episode has ended!
                              I thought the final needed alot of help When ur a smallville fan like me theres alot of imput that was missing. also the fight between clark a.k.a Superman an the darkness did not last long. The makers of this TV show need to make a Final with a lot more detail as awsome as this show was it need a better ending to capture a better look at the real man of steel an the real villian of the show Lex Luther. Also if ur going to add friends of Superman in here they need the spott light to You need to have a final where Lex gathers up all the bad guys considering yall made it to where Lex knows about Clark an since he is President he has the resources to make an Alliance to go up against Clark an his team Which would be the Justice League an have One more Season where Lex comes back big with powers of Clark an has his Army an Falls hard at the end when the Justice League takes over. Or you can make a movie out of it an call it Smallville "Justice" an have the whole crew come back to do it I would love to star in ti too. theres alot more i could add to this but if you want more E-Mail me at [email protected] an i will Because there's alot Ya'll left out of the finale which made alot of fan really Upset Me being on of them an I know Ya'll know what i mean if E-mail me even though Ya'll probably want but its worth a try I would have done this sooner but i just found out where I could do this at so please think about this. thank you for ur time.

Comment

• Final Ep in season 10; Was a good season final and a good way to end the series?

Yes!

If they could do better=It was perfect!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎