Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it or hated it? What did you think of Chuck vs. the Last Details?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it or hated it? What did you think of Chuck vs. the Last Details?

Once again I am so late but you guys must be used to that by now!

So this episode once again had flashes (heh) of the fun and geeky show I used to love so much. The Star Wars references (seriously, Sarah didn't know Chewie? What planet is she from? LOL), humming the Imperial march, Mama B. doing chin ups on her bed (total squee moment for the Terminator flashback/homage!). Casey and the Sunshine Band? (Morgan's right, surely someone has done that to him before! ). Never say nothing can go wrong! Jeff's video skills (nice continuity, seeing as how we saw that way back when with his tape of Anna). All good stuff.

I didn't like the Mary vs. Sarah thing so much and some of the other stuff was a bit boring. Chuck's at it's best when it's being geeky cool.

But this episode reminded me that I want Chuck to have at least one more season (with the geek-fu strong!).
    10--perfect to the last detail
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--*hums Imperial March* for badness
    0%

The poll is expired.

After seeing the Smallville finale yesterday my brain can not recall this episode too well. I was overloaded with Smallvillian goodness!

I think I liked it. Yeah, I think I did.

Comment

It was a good episode for setting up the season finale, but my own personal deal with it was I know why she was selected because of what she meant to Chuck, but having Sarah the one targeted by Vivian and the Norseman really created very little viewer tension. She's the main female co-star - who is marrying the star, very soon (in show time) - so of course she isn't getting killed off.

The only way they could have created even less viewer tension would have it been Chuck's DNA that Vivian used in the device. That's another little quibble of mine about Chuck - Chuck's life has never really been in acute danger. Sure, he's been threatened with bodily harm, or worse, many times; but as far as I can recall, he's never been shot, stabbed, targeted by a nearly-100%-lethally-effective biological weapon, etc. I know Sarah and Casey are good at their jobs as agents and protectors, but cmon - Chuck is the Intersect, which means he's out in the field constantly, and not just some average schmoe asset. In 4 years now, the only injuries Chuck has acquired (beside the occasional scrape or bruise from flash!fighting) is a twisted/broken ankle [caused by his own clumsiness], bump on the back of the head/headache (Volkoff henchmen knocked him out by clocking him in the back of the head with a gun while Sarah was undercover), and that might be about it, that I can recall.

[/off-topic rant]

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎