Quotes from "Finale"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lois and Clark's vows are officially the most beautiful words ever written on the series I think.

Tess's "Clark already did that" in reply to Lex's I'm preventing you from becoming like me (paraphrased)

Chloe's "He's not God, sometimes he needs to not listen..." lines to Lois. Of the entire past 5-6 seasons it was the only time when Chloe appeared on my screen and didn't make me go 'shut the hell up'

The entire conversation between Clark and Lex.

Every single word that Jonathan Kent uttered.

"Great Ceasar's Ghost" Perry White.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Also Oliver's deadpanned "You should be at the church now wearing an uncomfortably starched suit" (don't remember it word by word). The way Justin delivered the line cracked me up.
    Last edited by Vintage; 05-15-2011, 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

My favorite quotes were..

"You are ready, seize your destiny"-Jor-El

"Always hold on to Smallville"-Jonathan

"Just tell the minister I'm gonna be a few minutes late"-SUPERMAN!!

Comment

Originally posted by archangelg
        A lot of people on here brought up wonderful and memorable quotes from the finale. However, I am a little surprised that no one mentioned this particular set of quotes...
        but to provide context, refer to the ending scene in the Smallville Pilot:

Clark and Lana are dancing with Lifehouse's "Everything" in the background.
        Lana: "Everything ok, Clark?"
        Clark: "It's perfect."

And this one for the Smallville series finale -- Clark and Lois are walking up the aisle to the front and after Clark notices both Martha and Jonathan Kent standing there (Sara Bareilles' "Breathe Again" in the background).

Lois: "Everything ok, Smallville?"
        Clark: "Perfect... it's perfect."

Amidst all the other quotes in the show, I felt that these quotes, arguably, held the most weight in showing not only how the show has progressed but how much the character of Clark Kent has grown and matured. When Clark says those words in the pilot, he is still young and his words were spoken in the context of a daydream and fantasy. When Clark states those words in the finale, he has grown and his words were spoken in reality. In particular, he says it without hesitance and with absolute confidence compared to when he spoke those words in the pilot episode.

I am unsure if the writers deliberately chose these words but I felt it very fitting.
        Thank you for this. I'll have to re-watch that scene with Clana. Very insightful.

Comment

Lex and Clark's dialogue

Can't believe nobody found this line to be pure genius!!

Lex Luthor: Hello, Clark. Can't say I love what you done with the place.
          Clark: Lex.
          Lex Luthor: You still say it the same way--astonishment mixed with a hint of dread, yet... with a hopeful finish.
          Clark: You're alive.
          Lex Luthor: Seems my father had a... a change of heart. And I got a second chance of life.

Comment

Originally posted by DC Fanboy
            What happened to the "...I'm not every man, I am Lex Luthor" speech?
            The creators said they did a few scenes with Lex and "something special" I'm guessing that commercial was part of that extra thing.

Comment

"tell the minister, I might be a few minutes late......"

Comment

Chloe: "This was how the little boy became Superman."

Kid: " BS! THAT WAS CGI!"

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Mercy
                  Thank you for this. I'll have to re-watch that scene with Clana. Very insightful.
                  Hmm...I didn't realize that Lana had asked him that already. I'll have to go watch that one again. But still. The wedding and the song and all the lines throughout the entire finale were awesome. They did a pretty good job.

...but didn't Lois and Clark have a kid? Superboy?

Comment

Tess: "Looks like my purpose in your life has changed." That was awesome!

Clark: "I, Clark Kent, take you, Lois Lane to be my companion...forever."
                    Lois: "You're my best friend, you're my home, and you're my true love. And I am yours and will be forever." ........need I say more?? Their vows were PERFECT

Ollie: "Best decision I don't remember making."

Jonathan: "Always hold on to Smallville." <3

Clark: "I've been ready for seven years." I feel like this was an awesome nod to the fans who've been watching these versions of Lois and Clark together on screen for seven years

Comment

Originally posted by tnb24

Clark: "I've been ready for seven years." I feel like this was an awesome nod to the fans who've been watching these versions of Lois and Clark together on screen for seven years
                      Yes! We've been waiting seven years too! I didn't even think of that, but it's so true!

Clark: "Yes Miss Lane"
                      Lois: "That's so hot..."

Loved that whole scene!

Comment

Lois: "How many great Caesar's ghosts?"
                        Olsen: 4..before his coffee.

Perry White:"Lane! I know your out there! Stories don't write themselves Lane!"
                        "Great Caesar's Ghost!"

Comment

Lex: "You're simply better than us."

Comment

chloe to lois at the d.p

i know you have a laundry list of reasons not to get married tumbling around in your head, but your never going to see the big picture if you get stuck in spin cycle

and

he can't listen all the time, he's not god, can't be aware of every bird or blade of grass, he's a man. and some times he need not have to listen, he needs to rest, to love, to laugh.

two good quotes from chloe in the space of 10 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan87
                              I'm still laughing at

Oliver: It's the best decision I don't remember making
                              Dittto to that.

Comment

So, I liked virtually every line. They did such a fantastic job wrapping up 10 years. Every line mattered, and they were "perfect... everything's perfect". Many have said the vows were perfect, now let's see if I can type them out, fully, and from memory:

Clark to LoisI, Clark Kent, take you, Lois Lane, to be my companion... forever. With you by my side, I will never be alone. Though the world sees a strong, independant woman, I've never known someone with such gentle grace, or a more pure heart. When I've been lost, you've always been there to bring me back, so on this day, at this moment, I pledge the rest of my life to you. You've always believed in me, and I believe in you. And when you believe in someone, it's not for a minute, or just for now. It's forever.

Lois to Clark I wanted these vows to be perfect, but perfection is a hard thing to get your hands on. But life is meant to be a little messy, and when it comes to love, I think it's like what my dad always said about the army: You only sign up if it's the only thing you could ever imagine doing. And Clark, I can't imagine spending a moment of my life without you. I promise to always have your back, as you will always have mine. You're my best friend, my home, and my true love, and I am yours and will be forever

Chloe to Lois/no one in particular (ring scene) Noooooo! <-- that was a little corny

And every Jonathan Kent line, and the Chloe lines at the beginning and end, and Clark being a bumbling idiot (who still hadn't married Lois), and every other line in the episode, and in the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎