Music in the "Finale"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved Louis Febre's "Trials" score in the finale episode - I was getting goosebumps every time I listened to that track leading up to watching the finale... and trying to pinpoint if we had heard that music in a prior episode. I figured it just meant that something awesome was coming!

Comment

I loved the use of Williams' score in the finale. However, I wish they would have brought in other theme's earlier. There was a disconnect between the terrible midi horns on the original Smallville score and then a sudden jump to Williams.

Comment

I loved the music in the barn! Hauntingly beautiful. That scene is was made me cry, felt like a real ending and the music did the scene justice. Does anyone know what the artist is and what it's called? The Sara Barellis was beautiful too and the end music. Loved the music in the finale!

Comment

The last scene of the episode but with different music (not JW):

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Fell in love with Breathe Again by Sara Bareilles. "My secrets become your truth." They really couldn't have picked a more perfect song for that moment. My heart stopped when they showed Lois looking down the aisle and Clark wasn't there. Then they show his hand reach for hers and the music starts. The piano and kick drum were absolutely perfect.

"Car is parked, bags are packed. But what kind of heart doesn't look back" That line fit perfectly with Clark and what he was struggling with.

"All I have, all I need, he's the air I would kill to breathe. Holds my love in his hands" I thought of Lois.

I loved all the music on this episode. Everything by Lifehouse, is that the only song they've ever played twice on show? That's an amazing song.

Comment

Originally posted by thejazzninja
              I loved the use of Williams' score in the finale. However, I wish they would have brought in other theme's earlier. There was a disconnect between the terrible midi horns on the original Smallville score and then a sudden jump to Williams.
              I totaly agreed with you, but If smallville ,would have used a full orchestra ,to play JW music in extended time the finale, that would be so really really expencive, even if its Warner studios that have the rights to the show and superman in general, the tv show dont have a full movie budget,that alows those kind of costs.
              But after all we got LSO,playing some exerpts, from John williams/John Ottman score..
              Wonder if the music was specialy written for the finale or if they just cut in from the original scores,.

some of the music presented in the finale, I have not heard on the J W/Ottman CD scores in the way smallville presented them, something make me wonder if they was original and written only for the finale..

hope kryptonsite and Kstite tv could tell us how they scored this particular finale ending,.

thank you again Smallville , you will be truly missed,and Tom made us Believe again that a man could fly,. whish they used him as Superman in the upcoming movies,.
              Hopefully Superman man of steel,follows and keep some of the smallville mythos..

Comment

My favorite music in the episode was during the Kents in the loft scene. It was very beautiful. The walking down the aisle scene's music was also touching And of course John Williams at the end...perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by filathor
                  I totaly agreed with you, but If smallville ,would have used a full orchestra ,to play JW music in extended time the finale, that would be so really really expencive, even if its Warner studios that have the rights to the show and superman in general, the tv show dont have a full movie budget,that alows those kind of costs.
                  But after all we got LSO,playing some exerpts, from John williams/John Ottman score..
                  Wonder if the music was specialy written for the finale or if they just cut in from the original scores,.

some of the music presented in the finale, I have not heard on the J W/Ottman CD scores in the way smallville presented them, something make me wonder if they was original and written only for the finale..

hope kryptonsite and Kstite tv could tell us how they scored this particular finale ending,.

thank you again Smallville , you will be truly missed,and Tom made us Believe again that a man could fly,. whish they used him as Superman in the upcoming movies,.
                  Hopefully Superman man of steel,follows and keep some of the smallville mythos..
                  No I know a lot of John William's music and I talked with JW fans about this. It was definitely from the first Superman fan from the end sequence.

Comment

"Breathe Again" by Sara Bareilles: My new favorite song. I was listening to it all day..it gets me every time

Comment

Originally posted by Smallvillerox24
                      Fell in love with Breathe Again by Sara Bareilles. "My secrets become your truth." They really couldn't have picked a more perfect song for that moment. My heart stopped when they showed Lois looking down the aisle and Clark wasn't there. Then they show his hand reach for hers and the music starts. The piano and kick drum were absolutely perfect.

"Car is parked, bags are packed. But what kind of heart doesn't look back" That line fit perfectly with Clark and what he was struggling with.

"All I have, all I need, he's the air I would kill to breathe. Holds my love in his hands" I thought of Lois.

I loved all the music on this episode. Everything by Lifehouse, is that the only song they've ever played twice on show? That's an amazing song.
                      That whole scene beginning with Lois looking somewhat unsure of herself was stunning with the music. The percussion of the drum certainly reminiscent again of a heartbeat to me

Comment

Originally posted by That'llShowEm
                        Loved Louis Febre's "Trials" score in the finale episode - I was getting goosebumps every time I listened to that track leading up to watching the finale... and trying to pinpoint if we had heard that music in a prior episode. I figured it just meant that something awesome was coming!
                        I think that was one of the new pieces he'd been working on Em. I've never heard it before. It was stunning...and accompanying it with the montage of scenes, revealing that his life had been his trials and his power was within him was just absolutely heart-pounding awesome! Music adds another layer to a scene and elevates it. There were numerous moments in the Finale that had that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by techtweeter
                          That whole scene beginning with Lois looking somewhat unsure of herself was stunning with the music. The percussion of the drum certainly reminiscent again of a heartbeat to me
                          I agree. My heart was like beating out of my chest. But to see that special moment...well it was worth it.

Comment

Love the song used during the Clois wedding and vow scene plus, loved JW score used as well the Superman march and the Lois and Superman/Clark love theme "Can you read my mind?" very classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelly
                              "Breathe Again" by Sara Bareilles: My new favorite song. I was listening to it all day..it gets me every time
                              From now on 'til forever, that will be a Clois song for me. Every time I hear it now, I just see Clark touching Lois' hand. It's absolutely beautiful... but also, upon re-watching the episode, I noticed that the song also played when Lois read Clark's vows. I hadn't picked up on that during the first viewing.

Love Sara Bareilles - she's one of my favorite female artists, now that song has new meaning... just a stunning choice for that wedding scene!

...and the Superman music at the end of the episode brought tears to my eyes the second time around. I'm just the happiest girl in the world, I think. The finale holds up - and IMO is even better the second time around. I think the first time I was a teeny bit numb, but today I was more open, more accepting, and I just die and want to watch the episode all over again!

Comment

The music was incredible- absolutely amazing! Hearing the John Williams score at the very end made it perfect!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎