Music in the "Finale"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I freaking loved all of it. Loved Louis' music--especially the scene in the barn with Jonathan, Martha and Clark. And I got chills hearing the John Williams' score. So amazing.

Comment

louis stuff for the finale was pretty good, also the song used at the wedding was very nice. It was nice for the williams theme being used too. though i personally would have liked sv to end on its own musical note.

Comment

Yeah they used William's theme, but they did it wrong, just like in Superman Returns. The music is just about to hit the fanfare after the build up, when he opens his shirt. Not before or after.

Comment

I got chills when i heard John Williams' theme at the end. I wish the CW didn't cut in off right there, i wanted to see the full credits sequence with that theme playing over it.

Comment

Okay I have been a fan of the music since the 'Pilot' but they simply outdid themselves. It was beyond perfect.

I loved the song that was used when Clark walked Lois down the isle. It was beyond beautiful.

And the John Williams score. I get chills whenever I hear it so to hear it on Smallville was beyond any feelings I thought I had!

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that the Superman score used in the last scene was NOT John Williams', but rather John Ottman's main titles from SR?

EDIT: I stand corrected. I re-watched the future Clois scene and it did sound more like Williams' version.
              Last edited by SVilleGal03; 05-14-2011, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaftell
                Breathe Again - Sara Bareilles

That was the song played while they were walking down the aisle as well as when Lois was reading Clarks vows.
                Thank song was perfect.

Comment

One of my biggest likes about SV was the scores and music choices. When they had the former music director all songs matched up perfectly while introducing us to new artists etc. I was really surprised they stopped that about three seasons ago. A huge miss for me

Comment

Although we heard "Everything" in Homecoming, I would have liked to hear a another Lifehouse song

Comment

Originally posted by VilleFan
                      Although we heard "Everything" in Homecoming, I would have liked to hear a another Lifehouse song
                      I think that was just a nod to the fact that "Everything" was used in the Pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by hellokitty
                        .... And I got chills hearing the John Williams' score. So amazing.
                        That score will never get old.

Comment

Great old and NEW scores.They even played the Superman I love theme!

Comment

Love Louis Fevre. Love Sara Bareilles. Love John Williams. Love it all.

I had the pleasure of seeing John Williams and I got goosebumps just as much during the finale tonight as I did on seeing the Philharmonic and him conducting them playing Superman.

Comment

smallville ending music

did anyone of you felt so hyped up and excited when they played the superman song? i sure as heck did i was stunt what did didn't like is that clark kent didn't fly until the end i wanted to see more action but oh well the ending made up for it and not cgi suit and stuff but yea theres some downsides like the biggest down side was that chloey was telling the story which made it boring but the rest was awesome like the last min or 2 made up all that with the song and clark opening up his shirt and with the " S " suit on and stuff........ so did anyone else loved the show?

Comment

I did a leap off my bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎