Music in the "Finale"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed that one. I don't even remember it. I have to go back and watch so many episodes!
    "One More Day" .... I'm looking it up.

Comment

Barn Scene Music -- Genre

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

In the barn scene, given in the link above, there is a certain piece of music that is hauntingly beautiful.

I'm not asking for the name of this song: as far as I know, it's unreleased/untitled.

My question is this: what's the genre of this music? Is there anything similar to it? "Angelic choir" doesn't bring up anything similar on youtube. I'm sure there are those who can answer on this forum. The music is too beautiful to not try and ask.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

It's just plain old awesome score, goddam that's gotta be one of the most amazing scenes of all time.

Comment

As cool as the John Williams theme is, and I'm glad they used it when Clark was "becoming" Superman in the Fortress, I now wish they used the "Somebody Save Me" theme from the opening credits (perhaps without lyrics) for the shirt rip at the end.
          At the end of the day, the Williams theme is for Christopher Reeves' version of Clark/Superman. And, again, I'm glad it got used in Smallville. I wish the theme from the 1950s 'Adventures of Superman' was used too. But the "Save Me" theme is what we use to identify Welling's version of Clark. Should have used "his" music for that finale scene.

Comment

When I think of this Clark's theme, I think of the music in the end credits. To be honest, I think the show outgrew Remy Zero's "Save Me" by Season 8, and I would not particularly have cared for it to play as the Superman theme in the finale. Since this show has so many intricacies tied to the Donnerverse, I'm glad they used Williams's theme at the end. One last homage.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
              When I think of this Clark's theme, I think of the music in the end credits. To be honest, I think the show outgrew Remy Zero's "Save Me" by Season 8, and I would not particularly have cared for it to play as the Superman theme in the finale. Since this show has so many intricacies tied to the Donnerverse, I'm glad they used Williams's theme at the end. One last homage.
              I'll agree the show outgrew the original ending theme, and even the lyrics for 'Save Me.' But I'll always identify the Williams score with Christover Reeve., just as I identify the score for 'Superman-The Animated Series'; 'Lois and Clark' and the 1950s Adventures of Superman series with George Reeves with those shows.
              I was glad to hear the Williams score when Clark changed into Superman at the Fortress. I think that was enough though.
              Just seems to me that Smallville should have closed with Smallville's fanfare, not one from another version of the Superman mythos.

Comment

I get what you're saying about identifying each theme with its own show/movies. I do the same. For me, I guess it's just that they've been hinting at the Williams score for so many years, it just felt right to have it in full force at the conclusion. I understand why you might have preferred otherwise, though.

I would have loathed it if they had used "Save Me". It just doesn't fit with Superman, in my opinion.

But since I'm a fan of this show standing on its own two feet when it can, I'd have been fine if they had used this fanfare (probably tweaked somewhat to sound a bit more grand): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwZBuFq2LJU.
                Last edited by nate-dog1701d; 07-24-2011, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Having watched the original Superman movies in the cinema the 'Superman theme' at the end brought a huge lump in my throat...so glad they did that really ended the show on a massive high!

Kriss

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎