This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

FX Superbad (not bad ass)

No graphic in-suit flying = F for FX.

Clark next to the plane was a little cheesy.

The Apocalypse-like planet was worth the cost ...
    woulda been eye-popping, glaucomic to see Clark flying into it!

Clark floating before flying into Lionel was smooth ...

needed to be more like Crusade, in-suit -- his flying was just a little red streak for half a blink ...

too little action in general ... they should've taken a collection online if they had such a tight budget.

Comment

Maybe there could have been a little more fight between Clark and Darkseid, and the effects in general could have actually been better than the effects from the others episodes, however it was great for me to see Clark floating in the air after all these years...and he, knowing four SURE that yes, he can fly, and yes, he can defeat anyone! After that..he flying out from the Fortress of Solitude with the suit, then helping Lois in the airplane, pushing away Apokolips and the two epics images: one Superman floating in space...(earth behind), anotherone Superman on the roof just about to fly away and showing he S...... just...no words for it...it touch my soul jaj

Comment

Special Effect highlights, downers

Overall I thought the effects were good (especially CK in slow motion just before floating) and unlike some of you - I liked the shots of him flying to and away from the plane. I still do not like the whole blur-flying effects. I like the ones similar to E4 when he is Cal-El and going after Lex's plane. The Apok. was definately cool but it never showed him actually move it away - I guess they ran out of money.

Comment

I loved the slow motion effects in the "fight" scene between Clark and Oliver.

Otherwise, I was really disappointed in the flight visuals... I know it's not easy to make it look like a grounded human is taking flight, but I thought they could have done a lot better job.

I agree with a lot of people that they must have run out of money for the best effects. If it were me, I would have saved some of the budget for the finale and cut in other places. If you want to go out with a bang, you have to be willing to fork out the dough!

Comment

Darkseid looked kind of cool. Too bad that was all we saw of him.

Comment

Weak. I hoped they had a reasonable budget for the finale. Clark's fight with Oliver is fine and the moment when he flies for the first time. Darkeid is OK. But the rest is beyond lame. Apokalips, this horrible animated little flying Superman, the whole scene with the plane. I don't understand how could the producers luck self-criticism so much to think that in this day and age this would be good.

Comment

They should have let Clark go buck-wild in his use of his superpowers (preferably against Darkseid). Instead, we get no heat vision, no x-ray vision, no superbreath......nothing but flying. running, and super-strength (the same stuff we've seen for 10 seasons).

It makes me think that the writers were trying to piss the fans off by not including the things they knew we would most like to see.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎