Special Effects in "Finale"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apokolips planet looked good. and the Lionel heart rip was sweet (i'm not twisted)

Comment

Series best effects!!!!

Comment

I enjoyed the Nibiru I mean Apokalypse shots. I liked the scene in the barn where he is bursting through wood from the darkseid punch. The space shots looked good. I didn't like the CGI Superman shots and was pretty disappointed they didn't look more believable. Ya know ILM might be able to get away with stuff like that but not everybody is ILM.

Comment

They really must have used up most of this season's SE budget on the finale even if some of it was CGI.

Comment

I was disappointed in Darkseid. Why would Darkseid need to use Lionel's body? Darkseid was not bad-ass enough iMO. --and I'll say it again, the Furies went down too easily. And what was with Green Arrow vaporizing them all with arrows. Not the Apokolipsians I was hoping for.

Comment

ya i still was hoping they would have done a full suit for him like doomsday. but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Clark Kent27
                One last heat vision scene? won't be disapointed if he didn't use it though.
                Nope, no heat vision. Super strength, super speed, x-ray vision, super hearing, and flight.

Comment

When Lex looked out his office window and the Apokolips planet was reflected on the building.

Really cool when the LUTHORCORP sign on the building, blew apart,
                  leaving what looked like LE X CORP!! That was Awesome!

When Jonathan and Martha were looking out the Loft window, with Apokolips in the background.

Loved the effect of Clark startng to take off, for flight, in the Fortress. It was like in Crusade. So you knew he was getting ready to fly!!!

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

2 of my favorite scenes, Clark and Lex's flashbacks of their lives! Each memory was a memory, for me, of that certain episode in the Series.
                  Quite a trip down memory lane

The shot of the Fortress when Kal-El flew out of the top of it!
                  Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 05-14-2011, 08:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

When Jonathan and Martha were looking out the Loft window, with Apokolips in the background.

and when darkseid pushed clark and he float to walk down memory lane

i cried in both scenes

Comment

truly amazing

Comment

Originally posted by KneelBeforeSmallville
                        Series best effects!!!!
                        Not even the best this season. Cartoon Superman my ###.

Comment

The fight in the barn was realy well done - the whole clark in slow motion mid-air, and then flying

Comment

Fantastic!!! They really pulled out all they could out of the budget and put on an amazing series finale! I loved the 2nd part of that episode, and the John Williams Superman theme just went so well, with all the FX.

Comment

The CGI was good for a tv series but i was expecting that. After all Smallville in the past has put up very good special effects. So Smallville lived up to it's rep there..

Comment

The special effects were not bad for a tv series, especially because it contained so many CGI in the first place. I have to admit that every opponent, the furies, Darkseid and the Apokolips itself was defeated to easily, but then again they spent too much time on the build up. And with the suit I thought it looked too light of a colour in the CG shots compared to the actual colour of the suit.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎