Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Finale"

There's an Apokalips next to our planet! Talk about the special effects from "Finale" here!

Those shots of Apokolyps in the Canadian trailers were pretty sweet.

Hope we get a kick ass Darkseid fight.

C'mon, it's the finale; the FX have gotta be good.

I think I read somewhere that they were still finalizing them when they gave the press junket, so there is much hope for killer FX.

Still wonder what the budget is.

Comment

Apokolips is gonna be EPIC.

Comment

The effects look EPIC, thus far. I'm glad.

Comment

I hope the effects are great, the last shot of Apokolips we were shown when he materializes next to Lionel was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon-EL
            I hope the effects are great, the last shot of Apokolips we were shown when he materializes next to Lionel was awesome!
            Darkseid materialized next to Lionel in Scion. Apokolips is Darkseid's home planet, the one we saw over Metropolis in the Canadian trailers.

Comment

Well from the promos we have seen already we are so going to get some wicked sfx shots. Can't wait to see them all.

Comment

The promos look GOOD!!. Those scenes with Apokolips were quite impressive. I hope Clark flying will be at least as impressive. Maybe if we are lucky it will look something like it did when he flew in Crusade.

Comment

Apokolips was extremely well done
                  Green Arrow's triple shot was well done

The PLane save was AWESOME
                  THE FORTRESS /JOR EL WAS SUPER

Jonathan Kent was EPIC

And my personal Favorite- the SUPER SPEED- and this time, the FLIGHT- From his Lois catch to his flight in the barn to him CHUCKING APOKOLIPS ACROSS THE SOLAR SYSTEM to SPACE - AWESOMELY DONE

TO EntityFX And/or everyone else who's done the Effects for Smallville- a big Thanks to you

Sincerely- you've done effects that trounce every other TV show I've seen- and have Made Smallville #1 in the FX department. Nothing else come close to the work you've done- Thanks for Illustrating for us Clark Kent's /Superman's Journey throughout the Years- you could not have done a better job

--------------------------a Massive Fan of your work
                  --------------------------------------Tippership Commander

Comment

The first shot we got of Apokolips flying past Jupiter was really bad, but nearly all the shots of it after that were amazing. It was well complimented by the great lighting crew of the show.

The fights were well shot and choreographed with just the right amount of slo-mo. Darkseid looked damn awesome, especially the shot of him ripping out Lionel's heart.

Clark flying was pretty well done. Nowhere near as good as "Crusade", but that's understandable. This meant more, this was Clark flying, so it didn't matter that the effects weren't as good, it still made me happy.

Comment

Superb.

Comment

The effects were BRILLIANT tonight

Comment

THey dont know how much i'm going to miss the Slowmotion/time effects/ stop motion...

To DC COMICS/WARNER BROTHERS

For all the DC related stuff in the future- consider having ENTITY FX/The Smallville FX crews/companies to help out with your BIG BUDGET STUFF- you won't be dissapointed.

They took the bar from the Matrix back in 2001- and now they've shot it through the roof.

You won't go wrong..

Comment

flying was pretty good, the change into the suit scene was wicked. The planet of darkseid's was wicked looking good. all in all solid sfx work for the finale.

Comment

One last heat vision scene? won't be disapointed if he didn't use it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎