No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "As I Lay Dying?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rej@ne
    I really donīt think this redemption will last fong!

Well who knows. But it has brought back my love of Damon and Elena.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Dexter
    He could become their guardian. Isn't he sort of like a step father to Elena since he was married to Isobel?
    He could be considering he's the only adult left around them. But I think it's great that Jeremy has someone like him. I really thought Alaric was dead after Klaus possessed him. Which they never did explain well, he wasn't left injured at all ?
    Last edited by LuthorKent90; 05-25-2011, 10:03 PM. Reason: typos.. I must be tired

Comment

Originally posted by BabyFratelli
      Was I really the only one who didn't really like this episode?

I can't believe Damon used to be my favorite character. He's just......ugh . Your dying and the only person you apologize to is Elena?! Not Stefan? Alaric? Caroline, Bonnie, Tyler, Liz, Jeremy or Matt? There is probably more people you've hurt that I can't remember. This entire season Damon has just been whining about his problems and I just can't bring myself to care anymore. It was obvious he wasn't going to die so the suspense that a season finale should have wasn't there. Damon is just a crappy person and an even worse brother. Stefan sold his soul to the devil, destroyed everything good about himself and left the love of his life so you could live and how do you repay him? Right by kissing and declaring your undying love for his girlfriend (AGAIN) Season 1 Damon was epic. He was funny and evil but you could tell deep down he had a heart. I could root for him because I thought he could redeem himself and still be awesome but this season he has lost all the good/interesting things about him and just whines like a five year old about not being loved while continuing to treat others terribly. Guess what Damon, you treat others like crap and they are going to treat you like crap. I know I'm really harsh but I'm just so disappointed in this character. IMO the writers destroyed him. It doesn't help that I don't buy his love for Elena at all since one minute he was in love with Katherine the next he's all over Elena who he has barely spent any time with.

Now do think the writers actually talk to their actors? Because from Nina's interviews and her acting I have never been giving the impression that Elena had any romantic interest in Damon at all. I knew she cared but it seemed like a friendly type of caring. Elena seemed so devoted to Stefan that her kissing Damon came out of nowhere for me. And how she still cared about him after everything he has done just adds to the unbelievability of it all. I'm really disappointed in her, next season she better feel guilty as hell and apologize to Stefan even if she does break up with him cause he's gone all blood crazy because when Katherine is judging you, you know you've screwed up.

Stefan. My poor baby Stefan Damon and Elena do not deserve your loyalty and love. I hope you realize this before you kill anybody else
      We're definately on the same wavelength here, I really feel like Damon transferred whatever he felt for Katherine onto Elena, it was like oh Katherine doesn't want me so here's the next best thing, like another chance, Katherine wanted Stefan but maybe Elena will want me, thereby one upping Stefan and getting what he finally wants.

Didn't he learn anything from the whole Katherine debacle?, nothing good comes from wanting your brother's girl....lol I feel like something needs to happen to break this cycle of hatred and constant competition with his own brother, it's so sad because I actually love the brother's relationship. I don't know if I can take 7 seasons of this triangle lol

and your right when Katherine tells you it's alright to love them both then you know your in trouble lol I saw Elena's kiss as a pity kiss actually, it was like awe he's dying I'll give him what he wants. I think Elena cares for him but like you I don't believe she's in love with him, she loves Stefan and she always will imo.
      Last edited by Lori; 07-10-2011, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lori
        We're definately on the same wavelength here, I really feel like Damon transferred whatever he felt for Katherine onto Elena, it was like oh Katherine doesn't want me so here's the next best thing, like another chance, Katherine wanted Stefan but maybe Elena will want me, thereby one upping Stefan and getting what he finally wants.
        I have to disagree. Sure, on the surface it looked like Damon only went after Elena because he found out Katherine wasn't in the tomb and didn't want him, and because of the brotherly rivalry. But his feelings for Elena are actually real and this extends all the way back to when Damon's only goal in life was to get Katherine out of the tomb. Elena and Damon share an understanding and connection that she doesn't have with Stefan. She even said it herself.

Didn't he learn anything from the whole Katherine debacle?, nothing good comes from wanting your brother's girl....lol I feel like something needs to happen to break this cycle of hatred and constant competition with his own brother, it's so sad because I actually love the brother's relationship. I don't know if I can take 7 seasons of this triangle lol
        I wished the writers had pursued the Katherine and Stefan relationship in Season 2. She was supposed to come into town and throw a wrench into the love triangle, but that didn't happen. We find out that Katherine wants Stefan, but then nothing comes out of that. Instead, they stick her in the tomb and then in Alaric's apartment. And Stefan gets locked in the tomb, but nothing happens from that either! What was the point of that? At least we got a hot sex scene, fake or not.

I personally see more chemistry between Stefan and Katherine or Caroline, than I do with Stefan and Elena. But the writers are too blinded by this "epic" love triangle to actually see this.

and your right when Katherine tells you it's alright to love them both then you know your in trouble lol I saw Elena's kiss as a pity kiss actually, it was like awe he's dying I'll give him what he wants. I think Elena cares for him but like you I don't believe she's in love with him, she loves Stefan and she always will imo.
        I saw it as a goodbye kiss. I think Elena will start to return the feelings to Damon next season. Too bad it requires Stefan to go on a vamp raping spree with his partner in crime, Klaus to actually get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
          I have to disagree. Sure, on the surface it looked like Damon only went after Elena because he found out Katherine wasn't in the tomb and didn't want him, and because of the brotherly rivalry. But his feelings for Elena are actually real and this extends all the way back to when Damon's only goal in life was to get Katherine out of the tomb. Elena and Damon share an understanding and connection that she doesn't have with Stefan. She even said it herself.
          See she may have said it but I just don't see it, the end of S2 in particular really highlighted for me just how well Stefan knows Elena compared to Damon. IDK I just can't seem to shake the comparisons to Katherine for me to buy Damon only loving Elena and it having nothing to do with him loving Katherine for over 100 yrs.

To be fair I think I am influenced by the book series when it comes to Elena and Damon because I don't see them as endgame and therefore I struggle rooting for them. I wish I did because I think the show will produce some great scenes between the two of them.

I wished the writers had pursued the Katherine and Stefan relationship in Season 2. She was supposed to come into town and throw a wrench into the love triangle, but that didn't happen. We find out that Katherine wants Stefan, but then nothing comes out of that. Instead, they stick her in the tomb and then in Alaric's apartment. And Stefan gets locked in the tomb, but nothing happens from that either! What was the point of that? At least we got a hot sex scene, fake or not.

I personally see more chemistry between Stefan and Katherine or Caroline, than I do with Stefan and Elena. But the writers are too blinded by this "epic" love triangle to actually see this.
          I'm glad they didn't go with the Stefan/Katherine tbh, Stefan was the one she had to compel so it wouldn't have made sense to me for him to back with Katherine now he has Elena.

I do agree though that Stefan has fantastic chemistry with Katherine and Caroline, if I didn't love Caroline/Tyler so much I might root for Stefan/Caroline, that bathroom scene in S2 was just sublime

I saw it as a goodbye kiss. I think Elena will start to return the feelings to Damon next season. Too bad it requires Stefan to go on a vamp raping spree with his partner in crime, Klaus to actually get it.
          Okay yeah I think your right, it was like a goodbye kiss.

And that is why I feel it will be contrived, Stefan has to be out of the way for any Delena to happen and reinforces my feeling that no matter what she feels for Damon, even if she falls in love with him, it will always be Stefan she ultimately chooses. Which is exactly like the books, she's in love with both of them but it's Stefan she chooses to be in a relationship with.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎