No announcement yet.

Chuck Renewed for Season 5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Renewed for Season 5

It was close but looks like the show will be back next season. I am guessing they want to get over 100 episodes(they currently at 78, so a full order of 22 will do that)

Hopefully a press release will come out soon to confirm it for real. And if they're doing 13 episodes I hope it changes to a full season....because NBC will cancel any new show that doesn't hit decent ratings or maintain their ratings which will free up space for more Chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      Hopefully a press release will come out soon to confirm it for real. And if they're doing 13 episodes I hope it changes to a full season....because NBC will cancel any new show that doesn't hit decent ratings or maintain their ratings which will free up space for more Chuck.
      Just a theory here but I think the WB(company that produces the show) will sell the series cheapily to NBC so it can hit 100 episodes(which then makes Chuck syndication worthy). I am guessing worse comes to worse it gets moved to Fridays and they burn off all those episodes.

Comment

This is great news because I really do love this show and want to see it get 100 episodes.

Originally posted by Supsfan
        Just a theory here but I think the WB(company that produces the show) will sell the series cheapily to NBC so it can hit 100 episodes(which then makes Chuck syndication worthy). I am guessing worse comes to worse it gets moved to Fridays and they burn off all those episodes.
        That's possible. I think Chuck keeps getting picked up because the budget is significantly lower than other nbc shows like The Event and Heroes, when it was on. Plus, it's on during a very tough time slot. It really doesn't get any worse than going up against Dancing with the Stars, Monday Night Football(in the fall), House and How I Met Your Mother.

Comment

I'm sure the failure of the WW pilot has a bit to do with it also. I was still surprised to see Chuck is likely to be renewed with how poor the ratings have been and I'm glad it is but I'll be even more surprised if it makes it to 100. Though I'm sure that's the goal and that would be a good going out point.

Comment

Hope this will be 100% sure because with smallville ending not much left for me to watch.

Comment

NBC says it's last season for Chuck

Comment

yup the last season of chuck . in 2 years i have lost: LOST, Monk, Smallville, Law and Order, The Cape, No Ordinary Family (not sure if thats offically gone yet), maybe V, and coming up Chuck and could be the last season of Supernatural too. Also Regis leaving Live with Regis and Kelly. And not to mention other shows I dont watch like Human Target, Oprah, and all those soap opreas. Also my 2 favorite movie series are done: SAW and Harry Potter. My entertainment life is ending. Which is basically my life in general

Comment

Smart move making this the last season. I would love to to see a full season pickup so they can get to 100 episodes, but the most important thing is that the writers know that it's the last season and they can end the show the way they want before the show gets dragged out too much.

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                  yup the last season of chuck . in 2 years i have lost: LOST, Monk, Smallville, Law and Order, The Cape, No Ordinary Family (not sure if thats offically gone yet), maybe V, and coming up Chuck and could be the last season of Supernatural too. Also Regis leaving Live with Regis and Kelly. And not to mention other shows I dont watch like Human Target, Oprah, and all those soap opreas. Also my 2 favorite movie series are done: SAW and Harry Potter. My entertainment life is ending. Which is basically my life in general
                  V is officially a goner as well. Never watched it, but I was considering watching it if it got picked up for a full third season. I just think that when it comes to tv shows, they really need some new ones. A lot of the good shows of the early to mid 2000's have ended and I really haven't seen a new wave of shows that look promising. Plus, it's hard to set aside time to watch shows these days knowing that the networks are so quick to get rid of them. I like what NBC did with Chuck and I like what FOX has done with Fringe. They are two shows that don't bring in great ratings, but they have managed to survive with their small and loyal fanbases.
                  Last edited by myankskent; 05-13-2011, 03:04 PM.

Comment

With Chuck being renewed, but Smallville ending, what is to become of this KSite board. I don't think any of us come here for Chuck chat. We chat Chuck because we're here chatting Smallville and others.

Comment

^^^I'd say look at the other subcategory threads on this site including the Other TV Shows and KryptonSite Culture threads.

Comment

Wow. It's the last season. I guess it's better than not knowing. 5 years is a good run for most shows.

The K-site boards will still be here for everyone if they want to come back and post.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                          Wow. It's the last season. I guess it's better than not knowing. 5 years is a good run for most shows.

The K-site boards will still be here for everyone if they want to come back and post.
                          K-site may have started as a Superman site (I got started in 2007, so I don't know) but, I think its evolved into a general forum for everything entertainment wise emphasizing on sci-fi/superhero tv shows/movies.

Anyway, Chuck has something most shows don't, they have the ability to plan out their final season.

Comment

Good news for all you Smallville and Chuck fans who have nothing to do Friday's at 8PM now that Smallville is gone. Chuck is getting the same timeslot.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                              http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/15/nb...fall-schedule/

Good news for all you Smallville and Chuck fans who have nothing to do Friday's at 8PM now that Smallville is gone. Chuck is getting the same timeslot.
                              (Unless I haven't seen yet that its been moved from Fridays) That works great for me. I get to watch the only two shows I do {Chuck & Supernatural}, on the same night now.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎