Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Forum Regular
    I just hope season 7 or 8 isn't too angel focused anymore. I feel like their story should have died at the end of "Swan Song".

Well, maybe the premieres were high, but the premieres are usually the highest with each season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    Weren't the Season 5 ratings in the Spring relative to the Friday numbers? I remember the 100th episode scoring atrocious numbers.

I really don't want there to be an eighth season. I can understand a seventh because there was a Season 6, but there shouldn't be anymore after. The CW is going to keep renewing it though. If there's a Season 8, I think it's fair to say that it will turn into a "That show is still on the air?" Smallville esque series.
    Unfortunately, yeah. The only way I see the show ending with the 7th Season is if Jensen does not sign on for another one.

Jared already confirmed it, but it seems that the CW's new boss is much more intelligent than Dawn, so I doubt he'd just keep a series going on and on until it slowly dies. That was Dawn's whole memo for Smallville.

There's no reason for a TV executive to cancel a show just because it's been on for awhile. If it's still attracting viewers, the main actors are still under contract and show no signs of wanting to move on, then the show will continue. In Smallville's case, it was still a high rated show for them and they continued on because Tom Welling was open to continuing. They even changed show runners, but as long as Tom was still on board, CW went with it. Same thing with Supernatural. Kripke stepped down and the only reason it's continuing is because it's still a somewhat ratings success and the two actors still want to do it.

Any form of artistic integrity of not dragging the show on went out the window when they renewed it for a season 6 even though all the storylines were coming to an end in season 5. The only way Supernatural is gonna get canned is if the ratings take a really big fall or if Jensen or Jared decide they don't want another season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabularasa View Post
    There's no reason for a TV executive to cancel a show just because it's been on for awhile. If it's still attracting viewers, the main actors are still under contract and show no signs of wanting to move on, then the show will continue. In Smallville's case, it was still a high rated show for them and they continued on because Tom Welling was open to continuing. They even changed show runners, but as long as Tom was still on board, CW went with it. Same thing with Supernatural. Kripke stepped down and the only reason it's continuing is because it's still a somewhat ratings success and the two actors still want to do it.

Any form of artistic integrity of not dragging the show on went out the window when they renewed it for a season 6 even though all the storylines were coming to an end in season 5. The only way Supernatural is gonna get canned is if the ratings take a really big fall or if Jensen or Jared decide they don't want another season.
    I agree.

Supernatural can end if they all decide to end it as well.

Hey, I'm saying Dawn should have killed Smallville earlier when it should have ended, imo. They just prolonged the show to an inevitable and predictable ending that we could've seen three seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    Supernatural can end if they all decide to end it as well.

Hey, I'm saying Dawn should have killed Smallville earlier when it should have ended, imo. They just prolonged the show to an inevitable and predictable ending that we could've seen three seasons ago.
    Yes. But all of the producers, including Tom went along with it.

Because they were greedy, lol.

When it comes to a show like Smallville, you can't really say they did it because of their story. They didn't really have a story to tell.

Because they were greedy, lol.

When it comes to a show like Smallville, you can't really say they did it because of their story. They didn't really have a story to tell.
    The story of Clark Kent becoming Superman? And all of the struggles/challenges he had to endure during that path.

The story of Clark becoming Superman could have lasted forever, or could have lasted for just two seasons. That's not something that makes a series, imo. After season six, when Clark said he wanted to start his training, they kept adding element after element after element to just keep the series going. That, imo, was just silly to keep the series going when it could have just ended much earlier. The outcome would've been the same either way, the only reason it made sense with season ten is because they were going too far with Clois to just stop it all of a sudden.

Jared already confirmed it, but it seems that the CW's new boss is much more intelligent than Dawn, so I doubt he'd just keep a series going on and on until it slowly dies. That was Dawn's whole memo for Smallville.
    You mean that Jared confirmed that he's up for another season? I know that, but we still don't know about Jensen, right? Let's hope you're right about the new boss. One thing is for sure, Dawn won't be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magnificent One View Post
    You mean that Jared confirmed that he's up for another season? I know that, but we still don't know about Jensen, right? Let's hope you're right about the new boss. One thing is for sure, Dawn won't be missed.
    No, no, not that...Jared had slipped that he thought Dawn was fired because she wasn't very good at her job, but I think the new guy will know how to handle each show specifically instead of focusing on some and letting the others rest in the shadows(that Supernatural and Smallville had been for the last couple of years).

No, no, not that...Jared had slipped that he thought Dawn was fired because she wasn't very good at her job, but I think the new guy will know how to handle each show specifically instead of focusing on some and letting the others rest in the shadows(that Supernatural and Smallville had been for the last couple of years).
    Oh all right. Well he certainly is right about that, she wasn't. After all, she made the network "the home of Gossip Girl and 90210". I hope you're right, maybe finally Supernatural will get the attention and promotion from the network that it deserves.

Um...the story of Supernatural could've ended with season 5 and it should've. There's no reason for the show continuing just like there was no reason for Smallville to keep continuing.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast