Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Supernatural end after season 8? (speculation)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the 2 hour finale next week gives us some clues to what Season 7 will be centered on. If Season 7 is indeed the last I hope it ends on a high note,and gets moved to an earlier night. Friday's are the implied night where shows go to die and Supernatural has proven. That's it's anything but a show that's meant to lie down and die move it back to Thursday. But I will say this it will feel weird watching Supernatural knowing Smallville is off the air.

Comment

But Supernatural isn't dying. It's doing great on Fridays. I think it would be kind of pointless to move it to another night just for one more season. But if it goes to another night, put it on Monday or Tuesday to counter program shows like Glee.

Comment

Originally posted by Clois4eva89
        I hope the 2 hour finale next week gives us some clues to what Season 7 will be centered on. If Season 7 is indeed the last I hope it ends on a high note,and gets moved to an earlier night. Friday's are the implied night where shows go to die and Supernatural has proven. That's it's anything but a show that's meant to lie down and die move it back to Thursday. But I will say this it will feel weird watching Supernatural knowing Smallville is off the air.
        I don't get how you view Supernatural as dying, lol. If it were dying, then so would have Smallville, which doesn't make sense since Smallville was given an extra season; if it were dying, SV would've ended at 9 and SPN would've ended at 5.

Originally posted by Dexter
        But if it goes to another night, put it on Monday or Tuesday to counter program shows like Glee.
        I'd love for Supernatural to go up against Glee and "kick it in the ass". But, Glee would've enjoyed it a bit too much.

Comment

Via Asylum 6...how does Jensen want Supernatural to end?

It being all a dream as we see Sam and Dean, who are stoners, playing a video game.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
            I don't get how you view Supernatural as dying, lol. If it were dying, then so would have Smallville, which doesn't make sense since Smallville was given an extra season; if it were dying, SV would've ended at 9 and SPN would've ended at 5.
            You completely misread my comment Anno_Domini I was saying friday night shows.Are typically the night set for shows that will die. Supernatural was purposely put on friday because Dawn Ostroff hates the show. Since it's been proven that Supernatural still has life in the show. I say move the show to an earlier night so that it can get more promo coverage.

Comment

Ahhh, see...

Friday's are the implied night where shows go to die and Supernatural has proven
              made it seem like you said that the move proved that Supernatural was dying, but nevermind. Disregard my reply, haha.

Comment

I honestly doubt they will end it anytime soon, with smallville gone the only thing CW has going for them is supernatural.

Comment

Jared was asked at Asylum6 if he'd do a Season 8. He basically said he's not thinking that far ahead but right now he'd be open to it.

Comment

Yeah, he also said that he would be happy with it ending on Season 7, but like you said, he was open to the idea of an 8th season as well. Let's just hope that Jensen doesn't want an eight season, don't get me wrong I love the show but it's time to end it.

Comment

Well, the press release said nothing about season seven being its last, so who knows. I just hope they don't get cancelled in December and have to rush around for their last twelve episodes or so.

Comment

Via Asylum 6...how does Jensen want Supernatural to end?

It being all a dream as we see Sam and Dean, who are stoners, playing a video game.
                        Super Ghouls and Ghosts

Comment

I'm thinking that as Noone has come out and said that season 7 is the last season, i'm thinking that sera gamble and co want to see if there get another season, and I honestly think they will, cuz the cw wouldn't want to get rid of there best show, cuz supernatural is the best show ever alongside with smallville! But anyway I think that if noone comes out and says that season 7 is the last season before it starts up, then I think it will probably end on season 8, but god only knows!

Comment

Well, the press release said nothing about season seven being its last, so who knows. I just hope they don't get cancelled in December and have to rush around for their last twelve episodes or so.
                            Yeah same. But can you imagine the uproar? Supernatural has lots VERY devoted fans.

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
                              Yeah same. But can you imagine the uproar? Supernatural has lots VERY devoted fans.
                              No, I don't think that they have. They still have a very strong fanbase.

Comment

If Supernatural would get cancelled in the 7th season I'd be very surprised. They've had good ratings this season, better than any other CW show (except The Vampire Diaries) would get on the same time slot, and I can't imagine a big drop for next season. The CW would make a big mistake by cancelling it, a mistake I wouldn't have anything against though. The optimal would be to have a final season announced before it starts but since we haven't got that, I'd much rather have a december cancellation and twelve episodes or so left to wrap up the show than another full season. As much as the show kicks ass, I can't see it continuing to do so for many more seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎