Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Supernatural end after season 8? (speculation)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see the network cancelling the show anytime soon. The writers and actors may feel they have taken the show as far as they can and end it themselves though. Can't see how much further the show can go on for.

Comment

Originally posted by The Magnificent One
      If Supernatural would get cancelled in the 7th season I'd be very surprised. They've had good ratings this season, better than any other CW show (except The Vampire Diaries) would get on the same time slot, and I can't imagine a big drop for next season. The CW would make a big mistake by cancelling it, a mistake I wouldn't have anything against though. The optimal would be to have a final season announced before it starts but since we haven't got that, I'd much rather have a december cancellation and twelve episodes or so left to wrap up the show than another full season. As much as the show kicks ass, I can't see it continuing to do so for many more seasons.
      I don't know as long as the show continues to have good episodes and etc I can see the show go for more seasons! I'd rather the show go for more seasons, so that it can end with a full season. Like Smallville.

Comment

Wait, so, now you want Supernatural to be "like" Smallville and actually run face-first downhill such as SV did the past five seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini

Wait, so, now you want Supernatural to be "like" Smallville and actually run face-first downhill such as SV did the past five seasons?
          I don't want that, but I want it to end with them announcing it as the last season, so that they have a whole season to plan out the finale, like Smallville did with season 10. I really wouldn't want it to be cancelled in December.

Comment

You made it sound like you want extra seasons, lol. But, then again, you don't care right, you just hate SPN now, haha.

I hope it doesn't get cancelled either, but they need to look at other stats instead of ratings though: they're coming out of a "beginning" season that did frustrate some fans, Kripke and Edlund are working closely with them still but they're not contracted to do such(they could still write) and Jared and Jensen are only signed up for season seven. If all else falls apart, season eight could be a shipwreck.

If they write season seven out as they planned with season six(at first, they had a way to end it if it were a series finale), then they could pull a 24 and make a cancellation look like it were the final season anyways. I just hope they don't need to rush if they do get cancelled.

Comment

You made it sound like you want extra seasons, lol. But, then again, you don't care right, you just hate SPN now, haha.

I hope it doesn't get cancelled either, but they need to look at other stats instead of ratings though: they're coming out of a "beginning" season that did frustrate some fans, Kripke and Edlund are working closely with them still but they're not contracted to do such(they could still write) and Jared and Jensen are only signed up for season seven. If all else falls apart, season eight could be a shipwreck.

If they write season seven out as they planned with season six(at first, they had a way to end it if it were a series finale), then they could pull a 24 and make a cancellation look like it were the final season anyways. I just hope they don't need to rush if they do get cancelled.
              what do you mean it could become a shipwreck? Most of the fans seem to like this season and it's going good, I guess.

Comment

I am referring to how season eight could become. I can see Kripke and Edlund working with them this season, but if they're still not under contract by season eight, then who knows; the originals could only just be Gamble and Singer, and that doesn't really excite me.

Comment

I am referring to how season eight could become. I can see Kripke and Edlund working with them this season, but if they're still not under contract by season eight, then who knows; the originals could only just be Gamble and Singer, and that doesn't really excite me.
                  No, me neither. But why do you assume that they wouldn't be in contract in season 8, considering that Kripke started all of this.

Comment

Because they aren't really contracted for season seven. They're no longer producers/executive producers. It says so on the press release.

Comment

Because they aren't really contracted for season seven. They're no longer producers/executive producers. It says so on the press release.
                      oh, so they aren't around at all for season 7? That sucks...

Comment

No, not saying that either, lol. They're around, but they're not contracted for it, so with that, one can think that by season eight, both Kripke and Edlund may have gone to do different things if they don't become contracted.

Comment

No, not saying that either, lol. They're around, but they're not contracted for it, so with that, one can think that by season eight, both Kripke and Edlund may have gone to do different things if they don't become contracted.
                          Yeah, I read through it now. It seems that they say that the reason that their titles has changed are beacuse "There are a lot of technical and contractual reasons that people’s titles change that don’t necessarily reflect their level of involvement or commitment to the show. … They’ve been in the [writers] room with me every day this week.”

So, mostly it's budget/contractual reasons. I still see it as they are very active in season 7 though.

Comment

Well, yes, I said they would be active for season seven...but season eight just raises questions on wether Kripke or Edlund would decide to stay involved if they're not really obligated to stay on.

And, it also makes some sense other then story-wise on why Misha isn't a series regular anymore if they had to go through another round of budget reducing.

Comment

I really fear for season 8 if Kripke and especially if Edlund isn't involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                                No, I don't think that they have. They still have a very strong fanbase.
                                Huh? What don't you think they have

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎