Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Supernatural end after season 8? (speculation)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if sera gamble comes out and says that she's got a 2 season story arc which would be season 7 and 8, and got jared and Jensen to sign up till season 8, then I would be cool with that, cuz at least we would all know that she has a plan sorted for season 7 and 8, and it could be big and epic like season 4 and 5!
    So if they don't come out and say season 7 is the last season then I would like them to announce that season 8 would be the last and that they have a story arc all planned for it!
    I would love either one to happen, but I don't think they should go past season 8! Season 6 was an awesome sequel season to the 1st 5 seasons, and IMO I thought that every season got better and better, altho I see season 4 and 5 as one big one, they were both equally as big and epic and awesome as each other!
    But i'm not comparing season 6 to the 1st 5 seasons cuz it's a totally different story, but like the 1st 5 season getting better and better, I think season 7 will be bigger and better than season 6, and I loved season 6, so I can't wait for season 7!

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
      Huh? What don't you think they have
      Simple misunderstanding. I think he read your post as in "they have lost very devoted fans".

Comment

This is interesting, especially the bold:

I had heard that Jensen had said something in his coffee lounge on Saturday about season 8 being a possibility, so I asked Jared about it. He started explaining in great detail how a TV show gets picked up and stays on air, and which part the network and the studio play in it (which was all stuff I already knew, but hey, I didn’t wanna interrupt ) and went on saying that Dawn Ostroff hadn’t been a big fan of the show (oh, really?) but now that she has been fired (he said he’s pretty sure the network allowed her to save face and say she resigned, but he thinks she was fired because she just didn’t do a great job), the tables have finally turned. The CW’s new president is a big fan of the show and practically the first thing he did was approach them and ask them if they were willing to stay on for an additional season if the network decided to order one (since their contracts run out after season 7). Both Jared and Jensen expressed their interest and Jared said as long as the show doesn’t get “stupid” – which he thinks won’t happen because they have great writers – he’s happy to stay on. (I just wanna say: this does NOT mean that season 8 is a sure thing, it just means that if The CW decides next year that they wanna order an additional season, both Jared and Jensen seem willing to renew their contracts!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
          This is interesting, especially the bold:
          Then it seems like it's pretty likely that CW will renew it for another season.

Comment

Because they aren't really contracted for season seven. They're no longer producers/executive producers. It says so on the press release.
            Actually, if you're talking about Kripke and Ben E. being left off that one press release, in a later one Sera explained that they were accidentally left off and they are both still going to be producers on the show in Season 7. So, yeah, they'll still be in their usual roles. Season 8, if it happens, might be another story, but we've got 'em for Season 7.

Comment

So she corrected herself before on how they're not producers? She said they weren't due to budget/contractual reasons on a recent interview from last week.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Anu
              Then it seems like it's pretty likely that CW will renew it for another season.
              Even if the new CW boss likes the series, the ratings will still play a factor. And even if Supernatural has a loyal fanbase, there were fans that watched SPN after Smallville, so, with SV not being on Fridays and instead we have Nikita(who has an even lower fanbase), ratings could become a factor for season seven moreso than the last three years.
              Last edited by Anno_Domini; 05-27-2011, 10:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

So she corrected herself before on how they're not producers?
                I believe so, yes.

Comment

So she corrected herself before on how they're not producers? She said they weren't due to budget/contractual reasons on a recent interview from last week.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Even if the new CW boss likes the series, the ratings will still play a factor. And even if Supernatural has a loyal fanbase, there were fans that watched SPN after Smallville, so, with SV not being on Fridays and instead we have Nikita(who has an even lower fanbase), ratings could become a factor for season seven moreso than the last three years.
                  I still highly doubt that the ratings will go down so much or significantally.

Comment

Quick lets all buy 4 tv's, that'll bump the ratings

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
                      I still highly doubt that the ratings will go down so much or significantally.
                      Not very significantly, but you can't go down too much when the series is already only showing ratings of 2.10-2.40.

Comment

Not very significantly, but you can't go down too much when the series is already only showing ratings of 2.10-2.40.
                        How were the ratings before they moved it to the friday deathslot.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, we need a couple of more fans with neison boxes for ratings...

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy-Prime
                            How were the ratings before they moved it to the friday deathslot.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
                            Season five's highest was a 2.8, 2.9, season four was about the same and then three and two had 3's and season one even got to 4's and 5's.

Comment

Season five's highest was a 2.8, 2.9, season four was about the same and then three and two had 3's and season one even got to 4's and 5's.
                              No season 5 premiere reached 3.4 million or something like near that, and season 4 season premier reached 4 million! Cuz I remember reading about when kripke found out, and that when he told sera gamble she didn't believe him to start off with!

Comment

Weren't the Season 5 ratings in the Spring relative to the Friday numbers? I remember the 100th episode scoring atrocious numbers.

I really don't want there to be an eighth season. I can understand a seventh because there was a Season 6, but there shouldn't be anymore after. The CW is going to keep renewing it though. If there's a Season 8, I think it's fair to say that it will turn into a "That show is still on the air?" Smallville esque series.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎