No announcement yet.

Kara & Oliver Scenes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xrayvision
    This entire episode was a giant waste for me. It's unbelievable how after next week this show is done for good, and out of all things they could have given us, they gave us this.

The Kara-Oliver plot was much more interesting than the rest, but that's not saying much. I thought the whole bow of Orion plot was very stupid & came out of left field last week. And the way the bow was destroyed (thankfully), it was all pointless.

I thought this episode would have something to do with the Kawatche cave prophecy & relate to the return of Lex and even Lois getting the bracelet Kyla once wore. But none of that happened. There was no purpose why Jor-El gave Lois Clark's powers. None. They were perfectly fine before that & here he just messed with Lois' mind. Clark has been powerless enough & I'm really fed up with it. It's even more annoying when they have people like Lois, Lana & others who had his powers master them with no problem when it took years for Clark to develop some.

There was also no development on how Metallo turned evil & joined the Toyman. Was he affected by one of those diodes? Everyone at that table looked like they were in some sort of trance. Toyman knowing Clark's secret was also something I wasn't happy about.

I thought this episode really bombed big time.
    The B plots are always better.

But really? The bracelet, again?

Comment

Pretty weak episode when you consider how close to the end we are.

Comment

Originally posted by ReignoftheSupermen

weak? it all around sucked.

Comment

I disagree. As much as I loved seeing Kara anything to do with Oliver at this point is a total bore and waste of time. His whole story since he got the dirt mark on his forehead has been predictable. In fact Oliver's whole story line this season has been one big yawn. They diverted way too much time away from the Darkseid plot and wasted it on the Luthors so now I have absolutely no interest in the Darkseid storyline. It ran out of steam when they had 4 episodes on Chloe return. They should have just spent the season on one main villian. IMO

Comment

Yes, the storyline had potential but I found it less interesting. Oliver and Kara in the cave reminded me of the Saw-inspired Mercy only lacking the suspense created by the ticking clock and the clear menace of the masked villain in the earlier episode. I just couldn't shake how much their scenes reminded me of a video game: read clue, disarm trap, move forward to claim the shiny, magic object. So, I guess I thought it had a very familiar, routine feel.

Now, Clark and Lois weren't Shakespeare. Their storyline was pretty simple, too, and more or less, a generic SV mystery plot where Clark and sidekick ferret out the bad guys, fight, and win. But, I was interested in the emotional beats surrounding the relationship, I enjoyed the increased screen-time of the villains, and even if it was repetitious, I liked Clark getting his kudos. But, I can see where a better episode could be written focusing more on the cave story. I just don't think it quite happened in execution, for me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ReignoftheSupermen
              yeah no kidding.

I thought the Ollie/Kara plot was more interesting too. But overall didn't think the ep was that great. Shame

~K

Comment

This entire episode was a giant waste for me. It's unbelievable how after next week this show is done for good, and out of all things they could have given us, they gave us this.

The Kara-Oliver plot was much more interesting than the rest, but that's not saying much. I thought the whole bow of Orion plot was very stupid & came out of left field last week. And the way the bow was destroyed (thankfully), it was all pointless.

I thought this episode would have something to do with the Kawatche cave prophecy & relate to the return of Lex and even Lois getting the bracelet Kyla once wore. But none of that happened. There was no purpose why Jor-El gave Lois Clark's powers. None. They were perfectly fine before that & here he just messed with Lois' mind. Clark has been powerless enough & I'm really fed up with it. It's even more annoying when they have people like Lois, Lana & others who had his powers master them with no problem when it took years for Clark to develop some.

There was also no development on how Metallo turned evil & joined the Toyman. Was he affected by one of those diodes? Everyone at that table looked like they were in some sort of trance. Toyman knowing Clark's secret was also something I wasn't happy about.

The only thing I could think of on how Metallico turned evil was that Toyman put an upgrade chip in his open port. Tess did this in Upgrade.

I just thought that the whole Legion of Doom thing was a wast of time.
                Lois getting Clarks powers was even worse.
                I didn't mind the search for BoO but Kara being trapped in a force field was a bit of a headscratcher.
                She's Supergirl !
                Just break out of it.

Comment

I truly expected more after all the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
                    The only thing I could think of on how Metallico turned evil was that Toyman put an upgrade chip in his open port. Tess did this in Upgrade.

I just thought that the whole Legion of Doom thing was a wast of time.
                    Lois getting Clarks powers was even worse.
                    I didn't mind the search for BoO but Kara being trapped in a force field was a bit of a headscratcher.
                    She's Supergirl !
                    Just break out of it.
                    It was magic, In legion of superheroes alone she didn't break the force field.

Comment

Yeah, I found the Oliver/Kara story plot more interesting than the Super Lois story plot. It almost had an Indiana Jones vibe to it that I really enjoy...at least until Granny Goodness showed up; that was a buzz kill for me.

Comment

Th
                        I thought this episode would have something to do with the Kawatche cave prophecy & relate to the return of Lex and even Lois getting the bracelet Kyla once wore. But none of that happened. There was no purpose why Jor-El gave Lois Clark's powers. None..

I too thought of the Kawatche caves! Even if they could of tied Darksied to THAT, the ep would of been more tolerable. The Kawatche is what gave SV its charm (imo) to introduce the Bow of Orion so late is lame. they would of been better introducing the Rock in the Stone

Comment

Originally posted by alienkinfolk
                          i know right..and to quote the late MJ 'THIS IS IT'
                          This is it. Wow. I can't believe I'm actually typing that.
                          Wow.

My eyes are all teary now.... I love this show!

--

I thought both aspects were fairly interesting, but I think I was more interested in the Clark/Lois scenes. I think Lois did need to know what it was like to be Clark. Okay... she didn't need to, but it was meaningful to point out that there are so many people who need help, and deciding which to choose is difficult - not just anyone can do the job. That was an important point to make (for the show) and for Lois to realize, IMO.
                          Last edited by smallvillerocks45; 05-07-2011, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by severnbb
                            the sadthing is that the bow doesnt mean diddly squat. it said on that true power comes from within so the bow itself doesnt mean a dam thing the only thing that matters is the guy using it... although superman and a bow dont mix so i kinda like that
                            I pulled the ring from a vending machine! [/Spaceballs]

Comment

It was very predictable but yes, Oliver Queen and the Bow of Orion was far more enjoyable. Had it gotten more time we could have had actual character interaction rather than complete exposition

Comment

Well at least when Lois had Clark's power she didn't have sex with him just like when Lana did way back in what Season was that? I like the fact that Lois would realise how she would be Clark's weakness when they get married...In a way I got this expression: "WTF" She didn't wanna marry CK/Superman?..but we all know what's gonna happen in the series finale as photos would indicate....I loved the CLOIS stuffs in there - it only shows how deep is their love for each other...more mature.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎