Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor execution. Plain as simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X
      I have no idea what their intention was with Kara's last scene. Why was it put right in the middle of a completely urelated scene and why was it so short?

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

They didn't cut the ring scene. It was right in the middle of a Clois emo-fest and lasted all of 10 seconds, if that. It needed to be its own scene and they should have attempted to show us where the heck she landed. They got Stargirl back for about 5 minutes but they couldn't put a legionnaire in a futuristic looking room?

Thanks, I fast forwarded to the last few seconds of the Clois scene so I missed the ring one, but it was still falling too flat. Kara deserved a better send-off, at least they should've used body doubles of the Legioners, show their back and we would've heard them welcoming Kara in the 31st century but whatevs. Drama was more important to them.

Comment

Originally posted by haltoe
        I wouldn't be surprised if you're right. Nor would I be surprised if these writers have the traditional Hollywood attitude that you portray a woman with power as some kind of perverse or evil phenomenon.

Yes Clark is the star but there was room for Kara. The hero/sidekick relationships were worked out a long time ago and that included the Superman comic books where Superman and Supergirl coexisted with absolutely no problem. The only problem today is with the Smallville writers.
        They never really understood the concept of a team up. Kara isn't a sidekick. Never has been. Sidekicks are the same gender as the hero. For example, a little boy reads Batman and relates to Robin. Supergirl and Batgirl were ways to introduce girls to Superhero comics by giving them their own stories. So their brothers would read Superman and the sister would read the Supergirl backup story. Supergirl has her own cast of characters and her own story.

When Superman and Supergirl team up, its no different than Superman teaming up with any other hero. They both do their own thing. If Superman is in trouble kara will go and help him. I don't think the writers understood that which is why they kept sending her too far away. Supergirl doesn't show up to every Superman fight. There is no reason she can't be in college or watching daytime TV when Superman is fighting Metallo. If Metallo is beating the crap out of Superman, she will super-hear it and beat the crap out of Metallo.

Comment

Originally posted by tmchale1970
          Very dissapointed with the way they treated Kara.No goodbye with Clark,she just slips on the Legion ring and poof gone.A terrible exit to IMHO a popular character.
          True! It was sad. Especially when she teared and could not say goodbye.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎