No announcement yet.

Sooooo Kara has to leave but..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooooo Kara has to leave but..

Kara has to leave in order for Clark to fulfill his destiny ( which i get cuz with her around its like soo whats the big deal about clark) but LANA who is likewise superpowered can just stay being pure awesome and it doesnt affect clark at allll? i just want some lana resolution too much to ask? no superpower suit no

Well, I wasn't happy how they ended Kara's story.

Kara and Clark should had a farewell scene together in which Kara puts on the Legion ring and say goodbye to Clark. I don't know what was the hold up with that one or why did they cut the scene with Kara and the Legion ring but with that last scene with her and Jor-El... it just wasn't right wrapping up at all.

But what did I except after "Supergirl".... It's a shame though.

Comment

I have no idea what their intention was with Kara's last scene. Why was it put right in the middle of a completely urelated scene and why was it so short?

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by michel_90
      Well, I wasn't happy how they ended Kara's story.

Kara and Clark should had a farewell scene together in which Kara puts on the Legion ring and say goodbye to Clark. I don't know what was the hold up with that one or why did they cut the scene with Kara and the Legion ring but with that last scene with her and Jor-El... it just wasn't right wrapping up at all.

But what did I except after "Supergirl".... It's a shame though.
      They didn't cut the ring scene. It was right in the middle of a Clois emo-fest and lasted all of 10 seconds, if that. It needed to be its own scene and they should have attempted to show us where the heck she landed. They got Stargirl back for about 5 minutes but they couldn't put a legionnaire in a futuristic looking room?
      Last edited by Estro-gen X; 05-07-2011, 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Very dissapointed with the way they treated Kara.No goodbye with Clark,she just slips on the Legion ring and poof gone.A terrible exit to IMHO a popular character.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillefreak24
          Kara has to leave in order for Clark to fulfill his destiny ( which i get cuz with her around its like soo whats the big deal about clark) but LANA who is likewise superpowered can just stay being pure awesome and it doesnt affect clark at allll? i just want some lana resolution too much to ask? no superpower suit no
          The same thing could be said about Conner. He can run around being all awesome and super-powered, and it's not going to take away from Clark's friggen Destiny at all, but Kara just has to go? God, it's so painfully stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by tmchale1970
            Very dissapointed with the way they treated Kara.No goodbye with Clark,she just slips on the Legion ring and poof gone.A terrible exit to IMHO a popular character.
            She is a very popular character with comic fan viewers. The people that go to conventions were asking her to return. Most of those fans seem to be guys which is baffling because Supergirl is all about female empowerment. They do say though that no one is more threatened by a powerful woman than other women as sad as that is.

Comment

Kara should have left the show earlier this season. She could have been in a previous episode telling Clark that he can defeat Darkseid and leave. But leaving now was rediculus. Was it so emergency to leave few hours before her cousin's wedding? Or didnt she want to be present at her's only family member wedding?

Comment

Originally posted by eye
                Kara should have left the show earlier this season. She could have been in a previous episode telling Clark that he can defeat Darkseid and leave. But leaving now was rediculus. Was it so emergency to leave few hours before her cousin's wedding? Or didnt she want to be present at her's only family member wedding?
                There are more important things than weddings.

Comment

Now this episode made me really think that the writers hate Kara. They introduced her in season 7 only to neglect her character development along the way. Next thing we know she's trapped in the phantom zone. Then they brought her back thrice for a mission to save Clark again and again only to rip her off to the future. I know this is a show about Clark but I wonder why they need to introduce her in the first place if they won't do the character justice. I really think there's too much politics involved when writing Kara/Supergirl in a show were Clark/Superman is involved. If you get what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by eye

I agree with this. It was wonderful to see Laura again though. She was one of the few characters I actually wanted to see back.

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X
                      There are more important things than weddings.
                      Like? When you can have a time travel you can do it any time you want. For example if you want to be at 21 March of 2430 it doesnt really mater if you do this trip now or a day later cause you will still be there 21 of March 2430

Comment

Originally posted by eye
                        Like? When you can have a time travel you can do it any time you want. For example if you want to be at 21 March of 2430 it doesnt really mater if you do this trip now or a day later cause you will still be there 21 of March 2430
                        Because Jor-El made it clear that Kara can't be there for the forseeable future if Clark is going to take responsibility for himself and become Superman. That is more important than a wedding.

We've seen this season that Kara has been doing the hard work with Darkseid and reporting to Clark in their offscreen meetings. We know this because whenever she appears she knows everything about what is going on. Clark has to learn to do this himself.
                        Last edited by Estro-gen X; 05-07-2011, 05:04 AM.

Comment

The idea that Kara was getting in the way of Clark's destiny was the worst way to get her to leave the show. You have a whole league of superheroes, not to mention people with powers on par with Clark like Lana and Conner. As if one more was going to ruin his path to being Superman, give me a break.

Why didn't they just make her so concerned of what the future had in store. That she went to the future to see for herself. In order to see what she was doing was going to have a positive effect on the world? instead of 'hey you!, after several years of getting you to help my son. I've just realised you have been stealing his thunder! can't have that I'm afraid. Now go away'

Terrible. Random and pointless.

Comment

S10 has pretty much been a lamer version of scenes already seen in previous seasons. I wasn't expecting the episode to top the goodbye scene in "Bloodline" but still sad how it went down.

Comment

Originally posted by tessmerceryoubamf
                              Now this episode made me really think that the writers hate Kara. They introduced her in season 7 only to neglect her character development along the way. Next thing we know she's trapped in the phantom zone. Then they brought her back thrice for a mission to save Clark again and again only to rip her off to the future. I know this is a show about Clark but I wonder why they need to introduce her in the first place if they won't do the character justice. I really think there's too much politics involved when writing Kara/Supergirl in a show were Clark/Superman is involved. If you get what I mean.
                              I wouldn't be surprised if you're right. Nor would I be surprised if these writers have the traditional Hollywood attitude that you portray a woman with power as some kind of perverse or evil phenomenon.

Yes Clark is the star but there was room for Kara. The hero/sidekick relationships were worked out a long time ago and that included the Superman comic books where Superman and Supergirl coexisted with absolutely no problem. The only problem today is with the Smallville writers.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎