No announcement yet.

Sam didn't have Castiel's handprints

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam didn't have Castiel's handprints

If Castiel brought Sam back, how come he didn't leave a mark that he left on Dean?

I havent seen the episode yet, but my assumption would be because he didnt bring all of him back. Maybe the handprint is more connected to the soul than just the body part of Sam. The soul is what makes us who we are. And Sams Soul was still in hell. And Maybe I have no business answering this question since I havent seen the episode, but I wont be able to watch it til tomorrow afternoon and I just thought I knew the answer. Anywho I hope I helped, If not just ignore me and carry on

Comment

See, now I feel bad for someone that read this thread and hadn't watch the episode left. I feel like I've spoiled something now, haha.

And no, that definitely makes sense. I guess I should've thought about that before I created this thread, lol. But, yah, Castiel touching Dean's soul that made those handprints does make some sense since Castiel only brought Sam's body out of the cage.

So...here's another question then...if Sam purposely left Sam's soul in the cage, was it to power-up Crowley, or Castiel? Was Sam's soul part of his deal with getting souls from Hell?

Comment

I don't Castiel left Sam's soul on purpose. He acted genuinely surprised when Sam walked right past him, not recognizing him (scene where Sam was looking through house with Dean with Lisa and Ben).

Castiel also said (voice over narration) "this should have been my first sign" or "i should have known then" something to that effect, that he was likely on a shady path. He admitted doing that was "hubris" on his part. Thus begins his inner conflict.

I thought he also seemed confused or hurt when Sam accused him of doing it on purpose.
        Last edited by aBR; 05-07-2011, 12:52 AM.

Comment

I think the hand mark would give it away if Castel left the scar there. I think it was left on Dean to give him some insight and faith towards the new reality about Angels/God. About Castel pulling only Sam's body out was probably the same as Crowley's excuse... even super charged on souls, Cas couldn't pull away Satan's chew toy aka Sam's soul. I do see that Cas has gotten more powerful and although some insist that he was resurrected as an archangel since his last death... I think that he has been supercharging with souls along with Crowley. At least that would explain some things. Still though... about purgatory... do they want the monsters inside as a army, their souls, or is there some kind of war machine/big baddie they need to release to help defeat Raphael? I do see a hell's gate all over again but there is more to it that just a monster army, me thinks.

Omg... Crowley's hell was hilarious! A long line that repeats over and over, lol! I always knew the DMV was hell
          Last edited by sino8r; 05-07-2011, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Who's to say Castiel didn't leave a handprint on Sam? I'm sure Dean's mark is long gone. I'm sure it wasn't permanent. So Sam's is probably gone too.

Originally posted by aBR
            I don't Castiel left Sam's soul on purpose. He acted genuinely surprised when Sam walked right past him, not recognizing him (scene where Sam was looking through house with Dean with Lisa and Ben).
            Castiel was invisible.

Comment

Originally posted by aBR

Castiel also said (voice over narration) "this should have been my first sign" or "i should have known then" something to that effect, that he was likely on a shady path. He admitted doing that was "hubris" on his part. Thus begins his inner conflict.

I thought he also seemed confused or hurt when Sam accused him of doing it on purpose.
              I forgot about that part...hrm, so maybe Castiel really didn't know that he brought Sam out of the cage without his soul. Hopefully Sam ends up thanking Cas though for bringing him back, although I doubt it will happen. Maybe that's why Cas wanted to hug Sam in "Like A Virgin" because he was whole again and it probably killed Cas that he wasn't.

Originally posted by Kar.
              Who's to say Castiel didn't leave a handprint on Sam? I'm sure Dean's mark is long gone. I'm sure it wasn't permanent. So Sam's is probably gone too.
              An angel's handprints? I don't think it can just go away like that, lol. I feel like it will stick on Dean forever.

Comment

The hand prints could have still happened Dean's eventually went away. By the time Sam shows up outside Dean,Lisa,and Ben's home. It had been a full year since the showdown. So by that time the prints were long gone I sure hope Sam's soul wasn't left on purpose.

Comment

Sam showed up pretty much a day or two after he fell into the cage.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                    Sam showed up pretty much a day or two after he fell into the cage.
                    It was stated in the premiere when Sam showed up a full year had already passed since he was in the cage.

Comment

i think the difference between sam and dean is that with dean he had to grab deans soul and put it back into his dead body which may have caused the burn. with sam his physical body was in hell and his body was pulled out so it would just be like touching him like normal. also since sam didnt have a soul maybe it didnt leave any marks cause it had to be his soul that left the mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Clois4eva89
                        It was stated in the premiere when Sam showed up a full year had already passed since he was in the cage.
                        Dean was upset that Sam was alive and out of the cage for that entire year. If we go by your logic then it would've been two years that had passed from "Swan Song".

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                          See, now I feel bad for someone that read this thread and hadn't watch the episode left. I feel like I've spoiled something now, haha.

And no, that definitely makes sense. I guess I should've thought about that before I created this thread, lol. But, yah, Castiel touching Dean's soul that made those handprints does make some sense since Castiel only brought Sam's body out of the cage.

So...here's another question then...if Sam purposely left Sam's soul in the cage, was it to power-up Crowley, or Castiel? Was Sam's soul part of his deal with getting souls from Hell?
                          Ah, see now dont feel bad! I came here to spoil myself!

Once I realized that Cas was doing some shady stuff I figured he was the one who brought Sam back, but what worries me is that Dean is going to figure out Cas purposely left Sams soul in the cage and once Sams "Wall" breaks Dean will never forgive Cas.

Its all inevitable

Comment

Originally posted by Clois4eva89
                            Sorry buddy, but (after the year of the lord) got it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
                              Ah, see now dont feel bad! I came here to spoil myself!

Once I realized that Cas was doing some shady stuff I figured he was the one who brought Sam back, but what worries me is that Dean is going to figure out Cas purposely left Sams soul in the cage and once Sams "Wall" breaks Dean will never forgive Cas.

Its all inevitable
                              Well, if you didn't watch it yet, I don't want to spoil the episode, but, Castiel thought that when he brought Sam back that Sam's soul was intact, but it wasn't as maybe Castiel wasn't powerful enough to bring all of Sam back, or Castiel wasn't careful enough to bring all of Sam back. That part wasn't his fault, but everything else that has been making Cas shady, it is his fault.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎