Collapse
No announcement yet.

MarionetteVentures--><--TheJusticeLeague

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets not forget the empty seat as well. sure it may have been for Toyman but i suspect not.

Comment

The fact that some of you don't know what the Legion of Doom is mind boogling. You must be the female fan contigent. Anyway, it was stupid to bring them in for a cameo as well as Starro. Crap like this could have been done earlier this season with the VRA. No, its going to be another offscreensville thing due to the writers being morons and a cheap budget. I think it was done just take a dump on one more DC thing before the end like they have with 90% of the DC stuff they are given. DC should have brought in the reigns tighter on this show in some aspects and let loose on others.

Comment

To say that TPTB are out to get DC and destroy characters is quite offensive. Everybody on Smallville from TPTB to the cast to the crew work and and are sincere in what they do.

Now as for LoD being more prominant in S10, I really wish they had been there from the beginning.

In the first part of the AlexRoss mini-series JUSTICE, the Legion Of Doom are all haunted by nightmares of the world ending and the JusticeLeague being powerless to stop it. So they essentially try to take over by being proactive and fixing all of the planets problems. And trashing the League for doing nothing. Combined with the VRA this could've been an interesting way to go for this final season.
        You could've built them up as they are, as villains, in the beginning while secretly pushing the VRA. Than after the VRA ends suddenly have them show up together doing good in the hopes of finishing off the heroes for once and for all. So you have the bad guys gaining more and more power, and let that feed into the growing threat of Darkseid who comes to them and finally offers to finish everything off and give them total control.

I quite like that actually.

Now that I really think about it, CaptainCold, SolomonGrundy and BlackManta could've been introduced in the same episodes as their corresponding heroes. BlackManta in Aqua, CaptainCold in Run and SolomonGrundy would've been AMAZING to see in AbsoluteJustice with Icicle2 or, if not that, than in his own Halloween epsiode. :-D .
        Last edited by MartianRogue; 05-10-2011, 03:02 AM.

Comment

No, that is not true. TPTB take characters just to increase the ratings and buzz factor. They don't care about the DC characters, the only ones who did are the Goeff Johns and Loebs of the world who actually write for DC and care what happens to them. If the TPTB cared about the characters, Clark wouldn't be a self loathing whinner who can't fly, Ollie won't be married to Chloe and basically Bruce Wayne, Ted Kord won't be a military blackwater leader, Aquaman won't be a jock swimmer, Doomsday would not be Zod's kid or even appeared this early same goes for Zod, Chloe won't even exist let alone be a major fact, Supergirl won't be instructing Superman, AI Jor-El won't be a jerk and Lana wouldn't have been a witch and Kryptonite Man.

They don't care about the DCU characters, never have and never will. This show should be a case of how not to lend your property to others. If I were the head of DC, I would have dropped kicked this show in the minute they said Supergirl is going to fly and Superman is not. I probably would have dropped kicked when they said we are going to keep Chloe and turn Lana into a witch as well as the no flights, no tights rule. The Adam West Batman show used the DC characters better then Smallville at least they got the characters right.

Comment

What your talking about is being loyal to a comic book continuity that is constantly changing to begin with. What was the norm in the DCU 20 years ago isnt the norm now.

When it comes to adaptations of the DCU; If you look at things like the various animated series; Batman, Superman, BatmanBeyond, JusticeLeague and JusticeLeagueUnlimited- all of these shows take liberties with characters and continuity. In fact I will say none of them stay true to any form of DC continuity outside of the characters basic origins. BraveAndTheBold doesn't adhere to the comic book continuity. The animated features take liberties with continuity on a regular basis. The live-action features create whole new continuities. The fact is simply this; if you stay true to the characters within context, you can do anything. These characters are not delicate little things that are destroyed forever because someone does something different with them. They're bigger than that. They can endure the best and the worst. Smallville is just like any of the animated series, like any of the movies, like any of the comics. It tells its story and tells it in its own way. Superman may not be like Clark Kent as he is in Smallville, but the Clark Kent in Smallville isn't Superman yet. Its about his struggle to become that hero. And its a difficult road. The creators of Smallville have EVERY RIGHT to do what they want to do to tell their story the way they want to tell it. Just like Frank Miller had every right to make TheDarkKnightReturns, like AlexRoss and MarkWaid had every right to do KingdomCome, like Darwyn Cooke had every right to do TheNewFrontier.

Comment

[SPOILER]just read online, the LoD will NOT be in the finale. really a missed opportunity there.[/SPOILER]
              Last edited by Atomic girl; 05-10-2011, 05:31 PM.

Comment

That's not roulette at the table it's Giganta

Comment

It's Roulette, you can tell she's orientally dressed. She even has her dragon tattoo. Besides, Giganta's a redhead.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎