MarionetteVentures--><--TheJusticeLeague

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarionetteVentures--><--TheJusticeLeague

**Spoilers**

MarionetteVentures (AKA TheLegionOfDoom) is introduced in this epsiode. Some would argue that this should of happened a long time ago. And they're probably right. How great would it of been to have the LoD engineering the VRA/WarOnHeroes with Darkseid as a member. Anywho, they're here now and thats all that matters. Here the group acts much like it does in their long history. A conglomerate of singular rogues associating with one another so that each can attain their own goals. As already established we have;
    -Toyman
    -BlackManta
    -CaptainCold
    -Roulette
    -Metallo
    -DarkArcher
    -SolomonGrundy
    -possible eigth member *empty seat could've been for Toyman but you never know.
    While Toyman acts like he's in charge I suspect that he is an equal member who proposed an operation that looked like it would succeed, so the others went along. During Toymans initial scene we learn that the group has been working together to get to the Blur. And in their reveal scene its confirmed, what many of us suspected, that each member will be going after a member of the League during the finale.
    -BlackManta going after Aquaman
    -CaptainCold going after Impulse
    -Roulette Going After Watchtower
    -Metallo going after Supergirl
    -DarkArcher going after GreenArrow
    -SolomonGrundy going after BlackCanary
    -With Toyman planning the operation.
    Its almost certain that the MV/JL war will occur off-screen. But anything could happen at this point. 'Prophecy' is an episode that, among dealing with the; Oliver/Darkness, Darkseid, Clark/Lois, Clark/Superman arcs, also deals with the overall JusticeLeague arc. Here introducing many of their individual arch-villains. I know we would all love to see MV/JL combat happen on-screen, fingers crossed we get something. Afterall, we've seen body-doubles used before, and as has been pointed out this is the first time three of the LoD members have been cast on the show. By episodes end we're left with a number of questions, but the most prominant of which is this; Gaining water rights to Metropolis, is it only to make money? Is the LoD going to be in the finale? Is the Lod part of Darkseids plan? Hoping some of this is resolved in the finale.

P.S. - Seeing the LoD here makes me want a JusticeLeague show even more :-(

**Had to rewatch scene to see who everybody was going after. Updated list.
    Last edited by MartianRogue; 05-06-2011, 09:50 PM.

ya the legion of doom setup was pretty cool.

Comment

it was very cool, i geeked

Comment

Would have love to have heard about them eariler in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhaspodel
          Would have love to have heard about them eariler in the season.
          Ditto. The same for more of the New Gods. *sigh*

Comment

I liked the quick cameo of the Legion of Doom. I also liked how Black Manta was given orders to take out Aquaman and Captain Cold was given Impulse (The Flash).

Comment

That was cool. Still hoping we see Lex join in the finale.

And now that I've been thinking about it, would've been nice if we had seen some other villains there too, to correspond to some of the other League members.
              -Human Flame for MartianManhunter
              -Silver Banshee for Zatanna
              -Slade for Cyborg
              -Icicle II for Stargirl
              Last edited by MartianRogue; 05-07-2011, 01:43 AM.

Comment

The only two whose missions appear to be messed up are Metallo and DarkArcher. **Spoilers** Because of Kara going to the future and Ollie being used by Darkseid. Maybe the two of them can go after others. Or maybe just hang out talking; "Hey, do you know who TheBlur is?" "Yeh, you?" "No" "Oh, too bad". Than again, if the LoD is acting without Darkseid, than DarkArcher could still have his moment.

Comment

Originally posted by MartianRogue
                  Is the LoD going to be in the finale?
                  No. Seemed pretty obvious to me by that scene between Clark and Toyman at the end that the whole point was to set up some future struggle between those villains and Superman (offscreen of course). Besides they were all stand-ins and mannequins so it's not like they could do anything.

Comment

The last seat now belongs to Lex.... who was instructing ToyMan on the phone as Clark showed up and destroyed it.

I thought this was kind of obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by FanoftheMan
                      The last seat now belongs to Lex.... who was instructing ToyMan on the phone as Clark showed up and destroyed it.

I thought this was kind of obvious.
                      My thoughts exactly

Comment

Interesting, two of those villains were once recruited by Chloe: Roulette and Metallo.

Comment

Another missed opotunity ! Them being mute though they won't have to say any of the awfull writing though

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                            Interesting, two of those villains were once recruited by Chloe: Roulette and Metallo.
                            Funny how she never seen that coming with the helmet thanks Chloe you have contributed to 2 of your friends being head hunted

Comment

I thought Metallo was good the last time he was shown during the Kandorian season.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎