No announcement yet.

Lana Lang...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
    As far as the writers and TPTB...they whole soap opera aspect of having secrets and torturing the characters over such a trite thing is ridiculous. They should have built stories around the characters rather than using them to create garbage no one cares about.
    ITA The problem with the 7 seasons of
    Clana was the whole "secret and Lies" garbage. For 6seasons Lana acquised Clark of not being truthful with her (secrets and Lies) and then in season 7 when they were together, she had secrets and told lies.Clana should have ended in S4 with Clark telling her the truth and then they could have moved on. But then the 100 episode could not have ended with Clark changing the future to save Lana which resulted in the death of Jonathan Kent.
    So on and on it went - by the end of S7, I was sick of Clana.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowBird
      I think Lana is still wearing the suit with the green K since she never came back to Smallville and I was glad not to see her again.
      Agreed. Based on Bride I got the feeling Lana would be working in the shadows. She'd never pull any saves openly like Superman would. Lana would have a low key organization with spy gear similar to the Isis Foundation. Maybe even have another independent clinic like that for the meteor infected (which she herself is kinda too) as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
        Agreed. Based on Bride I got the feeling Lana would be working in the shadows. She'd never pull any saves openly like Superman would. Lana would have a low key organization with spy gear similar to the Isis Foundation. Maybe even have another independent clinic like that for the meteor infected (which she herself is kinda too) as well.
        ITA...Lana did like helping people as we saw from S1 on so I believe she did set something up like she did with Isis. Afterall, she still had the money she took from Lex to work with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ellsbury
          That's the problem!

1- They turned Lana, a secondary Superman character, into a hero more powerful than Clark (she does have the power to kill him). This is not where she belongs.

2- They had 8 years to prepare the inevitable breakup of Clana and they were not able to come up with something better than a forced separation. They made Lana the only true love of Clark Kent, turning Lois into a mere rebound, a consolation prize. SV has failed to show us why Lois and not Lana. When you look at S8-S9-S10, you get the feeling that if Lana were still around without her krypto problem, Clark would have never even started to look at Lois. This is for me unacceptable.
          ITA
          And it shows why the character of Lana is loathed.

The AoS not only made a superhero of Lana but it glorified her to the point of sainthood. And it did it at the expense of Clark.
          At the end Lana is shown lecturing and stopping Clark from killing Lex b/c he made her absorb the Kryptonite.
          Imagine someone lecturing and stopping Clark Kent from Killing someone.

And of course we are left with the idea that if not for the Kyrptonite, Clark and Lana would still be together.
          Making Lois the second choice and the rebound girl.

----- Added 16 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Ellsbury
          Yeah, I'd like to know how she'd feel if she knew Clark was busy breaking beds with his ex just a week after he almost kissed her and while she was at the bedside of her dying cousin-in-law.
          Exactly -why the AoS did not make any sense.
          Clark is shown almost kissing Lois and when Lana walks in the door he doesn't give Lois another thought.
          In fact a week later Clark is breaking beds with Lana.

Another way Clark is made to look bad.

----- Added 40 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Ellsbury
          Every time Lana and Lois were around Clark, the latter never stood a chance. Let's have a look at history:

S4-S7: Lana is on the show, Clark only sees Lois as an annoying friend. He might be attracted to her but it's only sexual tensions, there are absolutely NO romantic feelings between them.

S8 (8*01 to 8*10): Lana is out, Clark finally starts to see the woman sitting in front of him. Things start to grow until...

S8 (8*10 to 8*14): Lana comes back and boum! Lois disappears, again. Clana is back on, stronger than ever. In a conversation with Chloe who does not want to see her cousin slammed in the door, Clark denies any romantic vibes between him and Lois and tells Chloe he can't stop loving Lana just like that.

S9-S10: It is only when Lana is forced to leave that Lois becomes his only love interest...

The best example: when Lois and Clark crashed the Lexana wedding and Clark left Lois behind to flee with Lana.

I don't know but it feels like she won by default.
          This was the way Clana was depicted in the Smallville Universe.
          Last edited by supercatmom; 10-12-2011, 01:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by NeedsClosureForAoS
            THIS.

Although I don't dispute that Lois is the right one for Clark, that she is much better for him than Lana ever was, and that he truly loves Lois (as evidenced by everything he's said and done the last couple of seasons), I am still not 100% convinced that were Lana to show up, Clark would choose Lois over her. I could probably assume that he would choose Lois but I'd rather have direct confirmation from Clark himself. Chloe knowing the future and telling her that Lana wasn't the one fated to be in Clark's life is not the same thing, imho.

Also, I understand why some people think based on the Toyman-Lois convo that Lois does know what happened between Clana and the K-suit but I'm not totally convinced. I think Lois would have had a strong reaction to finding out and, if it really did happen in OSV, I feel a bit robbed.
            Feel Robbed.

Just like the I am an alien conversation happened in offscreenville any explanation from Clark about Lana also happened in offscreenville.

----- Added 30 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Superboogie
            Ok, this might be a bit sappy, but in Clark's own words:

Rabid: Clark put Lana's picture away.
            Pandora: "Lois, what are we doing? I mean us, Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois as a couple."
            Persuasion: "Lois, stop, you are home. I promise we will be together always and forever."
            Salvation: "I just knew that you were the one that I've always needed."
            Homecoming: "I love you."
            Isis: "But when I was faced with the idea of losing you forever, it made me realize there's something that I would regret more than anything else, and that's not telling you the truth about me. 'Cause that's the only way we could share a life together.
            I know the odds are stacked against us and we'd be risking everything, but if you're ready to take that leap, there's no one else that I'd want to take that leap with."
            Harvest: "I want you to know me completely with no secrets, because you're the one, and always will be."
            Ambush:
            "I love your daughter, and I don't want a day to go by where I'm not with her."
            Luthor: "I can't live in a world where you don't love me."
            Icarus: "The woman I want to spend my life with. The woman that I love. Lois Lane, will you marry me?"
            Fortune: "Lois, if you're watching this 20 years from now, just know that you are the love of my life, and you always will be."
            Dominion: "Lois there's nothing in this world that could prevent me from walking down that aisle."
            Prophecy: "I love you."

Did I forget something?

I don't see the need for Clark to reassure Lois about Lana after all this... I mean what else can he possibly do. Who would be so stupid to mention their ex when confessing their love to someone else? The reason Clark has not mentioned Lana is because he is not thinking of her anymore. And why would Lois care about Lana Luthor, the last time they talked SuperLana hit Lois to the wall through a glass door leaving her laying unconscious on the floor.
            All of the above quotes from Clark to Lois have done a lot to erase the bad taste of 7 years of Clana.

But it can't erase the memory of the AoS from my memory

----- Added 42 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Simon-EL
            I'm trying to remember what was the episode where Clark had setup a date at a cafe with Lois at night, then he decides against it and text messages that he is too busy at work and she responds that she is in the same situation. Clark knows that Lois is lying like he is since he is seeing her at the cafe waiting for him from afar. At that moment Lana's breakup was still fresh and he was still trying to decide if he was going to risk going thru the same with Lois.
            It was in "Infamous"
            Last edited by supercatmom; 10-12-2011, 02:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by Gendanca7
              ^^ Agreed. I like that Lana is being mentioned cuz she deserves to be. I just don't like how they keep sticking Lois with all them, lol, they practically told her she was "the moth and not the flame". and yea it may have been a joke, but it wasn't obviously so. I'm content with what they've done with Lois and Clark.But I could be happier. It probably wasn't easy to pull off, but then again, it was their own fault for pressing Clana while Lois was right there all those years. For some, it makes it harder to believe.
              And there is the cruz of the matter.
              Even after almost 10 years they are still glorifying Lana with comments in Homecoming (Your the moth not the flame and Then were was Lana, how gorgeous can you be and what a beautiful couple Lana and Clark made). Always sticking it to Lois.

Tptb made this mess and have never cleaned it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by SVFancross
                Personally I thought it was perfect and I wish they had gone on a little more.

I presumed the sacrifice that he was referring to was her decision to stay out of Clark's life because she was a distraction. Lana IMO first tried it at the end of S7 and then when she got infected, she left for good. It was a fantasy that Lana/Clark could co-exist without her being a liability -- with the Green-K suit she would always weaken his abilities. And with their track record, even if they cured the suit and she was a normal person, she'd be back to being the liability. IMO because they grew up together, there was a different power dynamic in the relationship. Lois has already found her purpose in the world (reporting) and is therefore theoretically defined without Clark. Lana, not so much. She tried several times but always spiraled back into Clark's life. Chloe has ultimately defined herself without Clark and theoretically that's why she gets to live and still be in his circle of friends (albeit remotely).

IMO Clark couldn't be with Lois if he hadn't experienced what he did with Lana. He has learned from the mistakes both he and Lana made in that relationship and he is going to avoid them in this one.

So, I like that they brought up that Clana was broken because it shows the significance of the relationship and underscores how difficult the job is.

Clark is no longer the same man and Lois is different than Lana. Doesn't make Clana any worse of a relationship -- it was the one that taught Clark everything. Clana is a tragic lovestory and part of who Clark IS. Lois should be grateful IMO that this older, more mature Clark knows what he is doing now and can help them both avoid the pitfalls.
                Excellent post.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Well, there are a bunch of viewers that don't read the comics and just like Smallville. I'm one of them, I don't care if they had deviated from the comics. Things like Johnathan Kent dying and Lana & Clark not ending together are things I think Smallville could have deviated from the comics and be a better show. Like it or not in Smallville Lana is a huge part of the mythology, her character is much deeper and well thought than Lois'. She is one of the stronger images of the show since day one, the little orphan that sees her parents killed in front of her by the meteor shower that brings Clark to earth. Its so obvious they linked the two characters in so many ways since the beginning. All the Lex development that is nonexistent in the comics was to further the importance of Lana in the Smallville mythology. The supersuit was Lana trying to not be a distraction/weakness to Clark, the exact same problem Lois is confronting now. Lex Luthor breaking up Clark & Lana are one of the major events. I don't understand how people can say they hate her character and undermine her importance other than out of fear or an agenda to keep the comic book story and Lois in its place. Relax, Lois ends up with Clark. I just think its absurd to pretend Lana is not a HUGE part of Clark and that she deserves her fate given all the story. All the animosity against Lana makes me feel I've been watching a different show from the Lana haters.
                Deserves to be quoted again.

----- Added 12 Minutes later -----

So much bull is written in these boards. I never saw Clark point a gun to Lana and made her do the sacrifice. She got willingly in the middle of the Kryptonite bomb and absorbed it. She said before that all she wanted to do was live with Clark as an equal helping him to save lives. By the end of her arc she says she knows now what to do with her life, she says something of the sort that "life is so precious and to be able to help others...". They turn her into a hero, a true equal to Clark and close her book because they know they need to break them permanently in order to leave the path clear for Lois. I don't see the need to create all this fan fiction and vilify the character. This is Smallville, Lana was the female lead and the writing is not going to lessen her character. Now all this development with Lois having the same feelings Lana had before her just elevates Lois character and connects everything neatly. Makes total sense that both of them being good women will feel the same way.
                I hate this phrase, but here goes....WORD.

----- Added 20 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by myankskent
                This is the main problem with Smallville, as a whole. A lot of the choices are simply taken out of Clark's hands. For me, this really started in season 8 with Clark's romantic life and continued from there. The fact is that Clark had found out that there was no hope for a cure, and IMO, addressing something like that on Smallville is good enough for me considering how lazy the writing is at times. So to expect Clark to never give up trying to find a cure when there clearly wasn't one is unrealistic, IMO. Plus, KK had left the show. So Clark declared his love for Lana, the episode ended and then things moved on from there. No closure and I completely agree with you how that reflects badly on Clois. If there's one thing I know, it's that with all of the issues that Lois has with relationships, I simply cannot see her touching Clark with a ten foot pole had she learned the truth about what really happened after she left Smallville in tears.
                Good point.
                Last edited by Raistlin; 10-12-2011, 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• A few more comments and then I'm out of here.
                  Mention Lana's name in a post and the next thing you know there are 18 pages of replies.

When Lana's name is mentioned in Homecoming you can tell that Lois is hurt. At that time she was not sure of Clark's feelings for her.
                  When Toyman mentions Lana's name, we do not get the same reaction from Lois. She is now wearing Clark's engagement ring.
                  Or maybe I'm giving to much credit to the writers.

I think everytime Lana's name is mentioned in S10, Lois was around. Why?

In Icarius, Lois was really trying to find out from her cousin why Lana and Clark broke up.
                  And I hated Chloe's answer. "Let's just say they were not fated to be together". What to hell does that mean?
                  A cosmic roll of the dice is why Lois and Clark are together and not Lana and Clark.

And you can quote all of Clark's Words about Lois being the one he has always needed and Lois being the one and always will be. But for a roll of the cosmic dice, Clark could be talking about Lana.

Anyway I have had fun reading all 18 pages of replies and replying to them even if no one is reading or replying to my post.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowBird
                    I agree with you except I take S10 over S8. I thought the way Lana left was just fine and I know I'm in the minority. Clark went on with his life after Lana basically dumped him and didn't want to find a solution for her green K infection and ran away instead which was normal for her, referring to going to Paris because of Clark. It took about a year before Lois and Clark started going together which was a decent amount of time. He put Lana behind him and fell in love with his soul-mate Lois, case closed. I think Lana is still wearing the suit with the green K since she never came back to Smallville and I was glad not to see her again.
                    First: soul-mate barf already. Second: I'm confused. If the scientist who designed the Prometheus suit per Lex's specifications told you that there was no way to reverse the process why would you not believe him and keep looking for cures from lesser people in the field? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Third: Since when is leaving considered running away? It was established early on that Lana wanted to leave Smallville, so the fact that she did shouldn't be considered running away.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by supercatmom
                    A few more comments and then I'm out of here.
                    Mention Lana's name in a post and the next thing you know there are 18 pages of replies.

When Lana's name is mentioned in Homecoming you can tell that Lois is hurt. At that time she was not sure of Clark's feelings for her.
                    When Toyman mentions Lana's name, we do not get the same reaction from Lois. She is now wearing Clark's engagement ring.
                    Or maybe I'm giving to much credit to the writers.

I think everytime Lana's name is mentioned in S10, Lois was around. Why?

In Icarius, Lois was really trying to find out from her cousin why Lana and Clark broke up.
                    And I hated Chloe's answer. "Let's just say they were not fated to be together". What to hell does that mean?
                    A cosmic roll of the dice is why Lois and Clark are together and not Lana and Clark.

And you can quote all of Clark's Words about Lois being the one he has always needed and Lois being the one and always will be. But for a roll of the cosmic dice, Clark could be talking about Lana.

Anyway I have had fun reading all 18 pages of replies and replying to them even if no one is reading or replying to my post.
                    I agree with your opinion of Chloe's statement and I'm amazed that Lois didn't grill her for a better answer.
                    Last edited by Raistlin; 10-12-2011, 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• supercatmom: The writers can't come up with new ways to create drama so they resort to nostalgia. S10 is full of this, some is good, some bad.

That or they need to motivate a character. In Homecoming Clark sees (and has to be told by Brainiac 5) about how she treats Lois before he can say he loves her. Things like this are always common on Smallville and it's rarely done subtly.

I think Toyman was trying to irk Lois the same way Waller did to Clark in Checkmate. They are trying to get the hero to make a mistake. Can't remember the Toyman scene excatly but he does plant a Starro on Lois though.

The Icarus scene was supposed to air in Shield if I remember correctly (where it might have made more sense given how close it was from a certain event in Lazarus). I suspect the wording means that Chloe saw Lois and Clark together while wearing Doctor Fate's helmet ergo the word "fated". It's also a nod to the viewer who knows that Clois is meant to be whereas Clana is not.
                      Last edited by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow; 10-12-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• I agree Lois would not have touched him with a ten foot pole if she had known. That's why I struggle with these writers,I'm sure Lois could have survived it's not like she a ugly ducking that no man would want.
                        Moth to a flame my foot, Chloe just tell Lois the truth,hey maybe Clark would turn to Chloe then. Lois never hears the whole truth, Lana could have definitely been Clark's true love with the way they wrote it.
                        I agree with what someone else said,Clark couldn't be with Lana so he just accepted what fate had in store. What a mockery for Lois and Clark fans...

Comment

• Originally posted by Raistlin
                          Second: I'm confused. If the scientist who designed the Prometheus suit per Lex's specifications told you that there was no way to reverse the process why would you not believe him and keep looking for cures from lesser people in the field? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
                          It makes a lot of sense to me. Giving up should be the last option, especially for superheros. Tell people that were diagnosed terminal deseases that they should give up truing to find a cure, many of them will tell you that they would spent the rest of their days trying to find it (in fact, this year's Nobel price of Medicine is one of those cases of people who tried to their last breath). Also, why would Lana blindly believe the guy that ommitted telling her the suit had side effects? Is Jor-el, an advanced supercomputer, a lesser authority in the matter? Bizarro, the entity in what the suit was based on, was kryptonian, if someone could find a way to revert this is Jor-el, and neither Clark nor Lana thought of asking him.

Originally posted by Raistlin
                          Since when is leaving considered running away? It was established early on that Lana wanted to leave Smallville, so the fact that she did shouldn't be considered running away.
                          Lana has been running away from someone (usually Clark) or something since season 3. Every season she cased a different rainbow, be it the talon, art in Paris, astronomy, moving in with Lex, running away to Honk Kong, stealing that power suit. Running away is part of who she is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                            Bizarro, the entity in what the suit was based on, was kryptonian, if someone could find a way to revert this is Jor-el, and neither Clark nor Lana thought of asking him.
                            The kryptonite suit was a good idea imo but I admit the writing was very lazy. I agree that Jor-El should have had an answer. After all didn't Clark's ship absorb the kryptonite from Lana's necklace? Surely the same could have been done to the green k in her suit.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎