No announcement yet.

Plotholes/Inconsistencies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imhooked
    My problem is with Lois voluntarily putting on the mind control thing. I could understand if non powered Lois did this, but this was superpowered Lois who could have gotten back to watch tower warned them and got Clark out of harms way. Am I to believe that at just the mention of lana's name that lois loses all her common sense? No way...she is too smart for that.
    ITA.
    Whole segment screams plothole to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Simba_Muffy
      Who would've thought this kind of stuff would ever make it to SV? I liked it.
      yea I get that. And that's why SV is awesome, always appealing to the die hard knowledgeable fans. However the scene came off cheesy (imo) because of the multi-plot laden episode

Comment

Plot holes so big /inconsistencies

Hi,

Ive been watching Smallville off and on for years.

I tuned in to watch the latest episode and I was a little boggled by what I saw.

Im going to go through and list them as I watched the episode.

A) Kara was trapped in the circle ring. Okay I get that. THe way to get her out was for someone else to touch the symbol of Darkseid? Average trap. Im assuming the baddies can read their own language, If Oliver can work it out anyone can

B) The double shot to get to the inner sanctum. 2 shots fired at the same time to exactly hit the centre. Again, Im not seeing the issue here, Darkseids followers are augmented by his power Im guessing. Im sure they could of recruited 2 archers or hell fired themselves with the accuracy required.

C) Calling away Kara? Seems pretty much a reason so Granny could grab the bow from Oliver and then destroy it. This is weak plotting. Hell it was almost as if Jor el had run the AI supercomputer and worked out that Kara needed to be elsewhere so Granny could destroy the Bow. Was Orion defeated by his Father even when he had the bow? Confused. I feel like all these trap defeats and the exploration were pretty much filler.

D) Jor El uses some pishposh destiny speech to get Kara out of action. Its almost like they introduced the character and then realised having another hero in the mix would destablise what little remained of the plot holding it together.

E) Was okay with Lois getting the powers. She handled them better I guess than Lana. We had the obligatory 'All these voice crying out in pain' discussion.

F) Stargirl was the lady in the skimask? Really? Brain controlling device.. check. She was going to use her club? Does not she have some KICK ASS STAFF WEAPON? Just.. poor story there

G) Reasoning behind Lois as SuperLois voluntarily accepting the mind control? Unbelievable.. Lois kills Toymaker. Toymaker dead. Plan over. ....

H)Lois breaking up with Clark. Yaa, another relationship Jor El has ruined. Although anyone with an eyepatch could see this coming a mile off.

A Pretty poor penultimate episode for this series.

Comment

Lois should have taken that chip, destroyed it, ran to Watchtower and took care of Toyman's henchmen. Why Lois did something so stupid? For the writers to waste an episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Sutekh
            I tuned in to watch the latest episode and I was a little boggled by what I saw.
            You have been watching this show for years and are baffled by it being inconsistent?

Thing I found weird was when in one scene Kara meets Oliver and he says nice to meet you the first line, the very next line was so you haven't been checking in at Watchtower for awhile(as if they life long buddies)

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
              Lois should have taken that chip, destroyed it, ran to Watchtower and took care of Toyman's henchmen. Why Lois did something so stupid? For the writers to waste an episode.
              This... and Indiana Queen and the Raiders of the Lost Bow coming to nothing... how... badly written.

Comment

I was truly disappointed this was the last episode before the end. If they could have extended the season to 23, and have 22 and 23 as the two-parter. They could have done more in 21 and then the two parter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhaspodel
                  I was truly disappointed this was the last episode before the end. If they could have extended the season to 23, and have 22 and 23 as the two-parter. They could have done more in 21 and then the two parter.
                  If they did an extra episode, this episode probably would still be the last episode before the 2 part finale.

Comment

Hi,

Ive been watching Smallville off and on for years.

Im going to go through and list them as I watched the episode.

A) Kara was trapped in the circle ring. Okay I get that. THe way to get her out was for someone else to touch the symbol of Darkseid? Average trap. Im assuming the baddies can read their own language, If Oliver can work it out anyone can

B) The double shot to get to the inner sanctum. 2 shots fired at the same time to exactly hit the centre. Again, Im not seeing the issue here, Darkseids followers are augmented by his power Im guessing. Im sure they could of recruited 2 archers or hell fired themselves with the accuracy required.

C) Calling away Kara? Seems pretty much a reason so Granny could grab the bow from Oliver and then destroy it. This is weak plotting. Hell it was almost as if Jor el had run the AI supercomputer and worked out that Kara needed to be elsewhere so Granny could destroy the Bow. Was Orion defeated by his Father even when he had the bow? Confused. I feel like all these trap defeats and the exploration were pretty much filler.

D) Jor El uses some pishposh destiny speech to get Kara out of action. Its almost like they introduced the character and then realised having another hero in the mix would destablise what little remained of the plot holding it together.

E) Was okay with Lois getting the powers. She handled them better I guess than Lana. We had the obligatory 'All these voice crying out in pain' discussion.

F) Stargirl was the lady in the skimask? Really? Brain controlling device.. check. She was going to use her club? Does not she have some KICK ASS STAFF WEAPON? Just.. poor story there

G) Reasoning behind Lois as SuperLois voluntarily accepting the mind control? Unbelievable.. Lois kills Toymaker. Toymaker dead. Plan over. ....

H)Lois breaking up with Clark. Yaa, another relationship Jor El has ruined. Although anyone with an eyepatch could see this coming a mile off.

A Pretty poor penultimate episode for this series.
                    Yeah, I thought it was a pretty lousy episode overall. I just rolled my eyes at most of the stuff that happend and then I got ticked off by the end... This may be the worst episode I can remember.

Comment

Well Lois isn't a killer and once he sends a bunch of people out to kill Clark killing him wont stop them, but that being said, Dark Archer, Roulette? These people were who she didn't think she could protect Clark from? Maybe Mettallo might have given her a fight but last we checked he had squishies for her so I think she could talk him down... seriously...

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                        If they did an extra episode, this episode probably would still be the last episode before the 2 part finale.
                        Exactly. That's what I realized. Any more episodes that would have been added to the season would've ended up as fillers. It's a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                          Exactly. That's what I realized. Any more episodes that would have been added to the season would've ended up as fillers. It's a disgrace.
                          It is, but look at how many episodes these writers have had to tell a story that everyone knows the ending to. They're simply out of ideas, IMO, and certainly don't have the talent to write a full season that has consistency to it, even if it is the last season. There really is something to be said about shorter television seasons where you eliminate the filler. If Smallville was cut in half so it ended up being 110 episodes, I bet we would have had a much tighter story and far better characters. And I also bet that there are somewhere around 100 episodes of this show that you can eliminate because they have a lot of filler.

Comment

Jor-El to Kara in Supergirl:

Help Clark. He's weak. He's needs help to defeat the Darkness.

Jor-El to Kara in Prophecy:

Get lost. You're in Clark's way. Go find you're own planet to save. This Planet isn't big enough for the both of you.

Kara should of been the one to pull the plug on Jor-El.

This El family is totaly disfunctional.

Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
                              Jor-El to Kara in Supergirl:

Help Clark. He's weak. He's needs help to defeat the Darkness.

Jor-El to Kara in Prophecy:

Get lost. You're in Clark's way. Go find you're own planet to save. This Planet isn't big enough for the both of you.

Kara should of been the one to pull the plug on Jor-El.

Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
                                That's one of the first things Kara told Clark in Kara.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎