No announcement yet.

Plotholes/Inconsistencies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by actaeon
    1. So say Toyman's mind control diode had Kryptonite in it. Plenty of stuff does on Smallville, from racing fuel to necklaces. I suppose they could've added some mind-numbing dull dialogue to that effect; I for one am glad they didn't. The answer to the issue is obvious, so I don't see it as a plot hole. It really doesn't need explaining.

2. Toyman knows Clark, not Lois, is the Blur. How does he know? Bad guys find out secrets. It's not impossible. In fact it's often essential to their nefarious plans.

3. She did see it coming. She didn't trust Toyman. But she faced a dilemma. Toyman was threatening to have Clark killed. Maybe Lois could have reached Clark in time. Maybe she couldn't. She didn't know what Toyman had up his sleeve. Maybe there was a sniper poised with a high powered rifle trained on Clark. She didn't know. So she caved.
    1. That's exactly what we are complaining about. "I suppose". I don't need everything spoonfed to me, but there should not be a lot of instances where the viewer has to explain away inconsistencies. "Maybe there was kryptonite. Maybe Clark has developed an immunity. Maybe..."

Fanboyism allows writers to be lazy. They should be the ones telling the story. I shouldn't have to make it up myself.
    Last edited by Borealis; 05-12-2011, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neill
      I thought Lois had some brains, but after tonight, she's about as dumb as a brick.
      It was the first time i thought Clark was actually smarter than Lois...

Comment

Originally posted by actaeon
        3. She did see it coming. She didn't trust Toyman. But she faced a dilemma. Toyman was threatening to have Clark killed. Maybe Lois could have reached Clark in time. Maybe she couldn't. She didn't know what Toyman had up his sleeve. Maybe there was a sniper poised with a high powered rifle trained on Clark. She didn't know. So she caved.
        Okay look I can buy that reasoning if Lois was simply a human being. But once she had the powers of Clark, that reasoning just doesn't work. Here me out.

Imagine if you had the ability to move at speeds faster than a blink of an eye. You know you are a walking talking god-like machine. Osama Bin Laden threatens a family member who is at least in the same country you are in. Would you allow Osama Bin Laden control your mind if he offered to protect your family? are you going to trust him?

I'd use my laser vision to burn a hole into his head and super speed to protect my family member.
        Last edited by numberonekid; 05-12-2011, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alienkinfolk
          Wa?? she tastes the blood I don't remember her doing that but I DO agree she is ruthless. How can she now be so saintly? I have a feeling she may be plotting to taste blood again. How can she be trusted?
          Yeah that was bad. She was like the most violent women in the entire series. I'm surprise she never tried to kill her dad like her brother did.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
            Jor-El to Kara in Supergirl:

Help Clark. He's weak. He's needs help to defeat the Darkness.

Jor-El to Kara in Prophecy:

Get lost. You're in Clark's way. Go find you're own planet to save. This Planet isn't big enough for the both of you.

Kara should of been the one to pull the plug on Jor-El.

This El family is totaly disfunctional.

Nuff said.
            oh Smallville, how it loves to entertain us. This is what happens when you have too many writers not collaborating together. Why can't there be a chief writer who keeps them all in check and ensures character consistency. They should be ashamed of themselves.
            Last edited by numberonekid; 05-13-2011, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by newtonh20
              I highly doubt that star thing would've worked on Clark without a mix of red/green K.
              It didn't work on Clark. It worked on Lois: a human with Kryptonian abilities (which may have made a difference). We also don't know the full specs on the device or how Winslow Schott created it.

Wouldn't Toyman have thought that she was the Blur after she sped off like that?
              The Blur is well-known to be a man. Furthermore, Lex sent Winslow after Lana Lang and the Blur, in his first appearance. Even if Lex didn't tell Winslow who the Blur is, it wouldn't be too difficult for him to figure it out, as he knew the Blur was involved with Lana Lang. So, all he'd have to do is investigate whom Lana Lang was dating at that time.

(Not a plothole. But kind of annoying) She should've seen that coming from him. Why didn't she just go to Clark instead of putting on the star?
              Throughout the episode, Lois was overconfident and impulsive (which is pretty consistent with her behavior throughout the series). She neither thought it through nor thought it would affect her in her current state (the only person she'd seen be affected was Stargirl, an ordinary human).

Originally posted by MrT
              Jor-El to Kara in Supergirl:

Help Clark. He's weak. He's needs help to defeat the Darkness.

Jor-El to Kara in Prophecy:

Get lost. You're in Clark's way. Go find you're own planet to save. This Planet isn't big enough for the both of you.

Kara should of been the one to pull the plug on Jor-El.

This El family is totaly disfunctional.

Nuff said.
              We never find out what he told her, when she returned to Earth. In this episode, he's critical of the fact that she involved Clark in the battle against Darkseid, when he was too weak. True power comes from within (as it says on the bow of Orion). Jor-El never turned his back on Clark, it was only yet another test. Clark notes that Jor-El knew that there was going to come a time, when Jor-El wasn't going to be there to guide him. In the season premiere Jor-El also noted that there was a darkness within Clark. By seemingly abandoning him, Jor-El forced Clark to confront the darkness within himself to move past it. There are two kinds of reactions, when someone doesn't believe in you. You either give in and give up or you fight, finding the strength within yourself. What Jor-El wanted Kara to do was making herself a temporary distraction for Darkseid. Ensuring that Clark would have enough time to conquer his own darkness. Afterwards, Kara's presence becomes a risk towards the survival of Earth. Clark is the one who have been put before trials for ten years (overcoming numerous threats, heartbreak, grief, loss, hate, anger), she hasn't.* She claims to be "pure", so the darkness can't affect her. Which just means that she hasn't had to fight the darkness within her yet**, meaning in turn that she wouldn't be able to fully fight Darkseid. Clark has and is able to overcome it. He knows how to do it. By remaining here, she makes herself a vulnerability. An insurance for Clark that it's okay for him to fail, as Kara can do it for him. Robbing him of the strength from within.

*Kara only showed up barely four years ago, which may not have been four years for her. In season 7, she and Brainiac traveled to Krypton in "Veritas" and she returned to the present in "Apocalypse", but while it had been several episode in between, for her it would've been less than an hour (i.e. she went back in time to Krypton, then Clark returned her to Earth several weeks after her original depature). Then she was in the Phantom Zone for months, but as we see in "Dominion", time works different there. Maybe she was only there for two weeks from her perspective. Then she went into space to look for Kandor and returned two years later...from our perspective. Time works differently in space, than it does on Earth. For all we know, while it was two years here on Earth, she was only gone for a long weekend, as far as she's concerned.

**Which she certainly has. It's her overconfidence. That part of her that makes her come in and declare that she's better than Clark, because she can fly, while putting down Clark for not being able to do it. Her overconfidence is a weakness, that Darkseid would be able to exploit to defeat her.

Originally posted by MrT
              Why is it OK for Stargirl ( who is 15 years old ) to be part of the WT team but its not OK for Conner (Who is around the same age as SG ) to be part of WT ?
              She was said to have been a sophmore in high school in early 2010. So, she's more like 16 (and they didn't establish the biological age of Conner). She's also been at it for over a year, while Conner showed up four episodes ago and only at the end expressed an interest to become part of the team in time, when they felt he was ready. He hasn't begun his career as a crime fighter, while Courtney has, not to mention at the moment he had to be kept hidden from Lionel. So, he couldn't hang around Watchtower. I should perhaps also note that season 11 shows that he very much is part of the Watchtower Network.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎