No announcement yet.

Clois Scenes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
    I understand her reaction, and while I don't think it's a ridiculous thought to have, I feel it was a bit contrived. Her trip to Egypt happened for this very reason, did it not? She thought she might hold him back, but Carter encouraged her that Clark needed her to keep him grounded. He also said something when he died about how heroes can't do what they do with emptiness in their heart, and Lois was standing right there. Aside from the fact that she should have already dealt with this feeling, I don't think it was terribly ridiculous (unlike her idiocy with Toyman). I just don't like for episodes to end with the overly dramatic cliffhangers.
    I totally agree and mentioned the exact same points (marked in bold) in another post.

All this does is add another loose end that needs to be tied up in 1 hour and 20 minutes w/o commercials. I feel they already had enough on their plate and now we will spend more time on the Clois relationship that was so strongly built throughout the season (In Kent and Dominion we saw a strong Lois willing to do anything to save Clark). In this episode, I saw a weak Lois taking the easy way out. If she changes her mind in the finale, doesn't this make her no better than Lana. I don't know what Clark can say to Lois to change her mind because he has said so many things to her this season that supposed strengthened their bond.

Maybe, Clark should throw in the towel after all Lois' answer to everything is to run away (ran away after their 1st kiss, went to Egypt because he was the Blur, and now she's running away so he can be the Blur 24/7). Clark knows he can't be the Blur 24/7 so why doesn't Lois see this. I can't even begin to imagine what the conversation between Lois and Clark will contain to change her mind. Everything they possibly could say has probably been said in some form this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Superboogie
      Lois just needs some quality time. This is a result from "all talk, no action". Sorry I had to say it.

Makes total sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by smallvillerocks45
        It is definitely the highlight of my week. I forget all else when the show is on, and I can spend hours on Ksite discussing it, with out even realizing I've spent so much time here.

I always joke with my friends that when the series ends, I can finally have a life... but life after Smallville is going to take some adjusting to. I don't know how I'm going to do it.... but it will be so much fun to remember the good times.

no joke. so much of my life mirrored what some in this show were going thru, i could always relate. and now....eh. might take some getting used to

Comment

• Originally posted by jwalk3377
          I totally agree and mentioned the exact same points (marked in bold) in another post.

All this does is add another loose end that needs to be tied up in 1 hour and 20 minutes w/o commercials. I feel they already had enough on their plate and now we will spend more time on the Clois relationship that was so strongly built throughout the season (In Kent and Dominion we saw a strong Lois willing to do anything to save Clark). In this episode, I saw a weak Lois taking the easy way out. If she changes her mind in the finale, doesn't this make her no better than Lana. I don't know what Clark can say to Lois to change her mind because he has said so many things to her this season that supposed strengthened their bond.

Maybe, Clark should throw in the towel after all Lois' answer to everything is to run away (ran away after their 1st kiss, went to Egypt because he was the Blur, and now she's running away so he can be the Blur 24/7). Clark knows he can't be the Blur 24/7 so why doesn't Lois see this. I can't even begin to imagine what the conversation between Lois and Clark will contain to change her mind. Everything they possibly could say has probably been said in some form this season.

Lois did quit running away after Lazarus. She said yes to his proposal and she's been there every step of the way since then. Can you blame her? Listening to everyone within superhearing earshot cry for help, some in mortal danger? How overwhelming would it be to realize Clark hears this constantly? She is being selfless. Eventually she'll realize he needs her to be whole, but right now her emotions are raw.

And she isn't running away like someone else did in Clark's life. She'll still be here for him regardless.......she won't leave.

I'll reiterate a quote from SR.....even though the movie was less than stellar, this quote remains fixed in my memory.

"I hear everything. You say the world doesn't need a hero, but every day I hear people crying for one."

Give Lois a break and a chance to think about it. She is going through something that only people who are married to either a cop or a doctor or a soldier can even remotely relate to.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwalk3377

Yes, Lois has this "bolt-reflex" habit of running away - she admitted to that in Fortune, and that's exactly why on that episode Clark thought the wedding stuff had scared her to run away.
            So yes, she is having a run away reflex here. But the thing is, she's still in shock from getting Clark's powers and realizing how much he is needed. This is the first time she has been confronted with this, because without getting Clark's powers and being able to hear all the cries for help she wouldn't have really understood it. All she needs is a little reassurance from Clark in this specific topic.

Comment

• I love this

credit:ckents

Comment

• Anyway, after all the couple's development this season, I think the drama was nencessário, but not to the point of breaking the relationship, I think there was an exaggeration. Taking into account all the learning of Lois and Clark who came following, I think that was it. It is an extra charge, for the final episode. It was better after a few crises caused by Darkseid, the return of Lex ... was better than had those moments of climax, and marriage in the romantic part of the show That did not sit well for many fans around the world. This atidude character devised by the producers / writers have had in the beginning, and since then she had learned many lessons, alone and in conjunction with Clark. Consider the resolution of this (with marriage) in the finale. I hope we do not see anything very busy, both these aspects as the rest of the show. Each point has to have his screentime, its share of development, without rushing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kycowgirl92176
                  Lois did quit running away after Lazarus. She said yes to his proposal and she's been there every step of the way since then. Can you blame her? Listening to everyone within superhearing earshot cry for help, some in mortal danger? How overwhelming would it be to realize Clark hears this constantly? She is being selfless. Eventually she'll realize he needs her to be whole, but right now her emotions are raw.

And she isn't running away like someone else did in Clark's life. She'll still be here for him regardless.......she won't leave.

I'll reiterate a quote from SR.....even though the movie was less than stellar, this quote remains fixed in my memory.

"I hear everything. You say the world doesn't need a hero, but every day I hear people crying for one."

Give Lois a break and a chance to think about it. She is going through something that only people who are married to either a cop or a doctor or a soldier can even remotely relate to.
                  Lois has done nothing but support and protect Clark in some way in practically every episode this season (Kent, Dominion, Scion, Booster, Collateral, etc.) just to name a few. She has believed in him all season, even to help him with his disguise. What's there to think about? Now, the day before the wedding, she wants out. Clark even sold his families farm for her and moved to Metropolis.

Didn't Lois in the last episode "Dominion" say to Clark that he is 1/2 of a whole and she would rather be with him on some Hell hole than be in purgatory not knowing if he is alive or dead". I'm paraphrasing but you get my point. This works both ways. She is also 1/2 half of a whole to Clark. There was no reason for her to forget everything she has done this season to support, believe in, and protect Clark. I thought Lois was stronger than that. Now, she thinks that if she gives up Clark, he will simply be The Blur 24/7. Clark has said in the past that he can't do that. He told Chloe in the S9 premier that "how can he protect life when he has lost his sense on how to live it". He needs Lois to help him to be more than just a superhero. Carter hall told her that "Clark cannot to it alone. She is his Schirra" and she was present when Carter told Clark "we can't do what we do if we have an emptyness in our heart". Well, telling Clark "I can't marry you" sounds like Lois is putting an emptyness in Clark's heart.

When she told Clark "I can't marry you", it sounded to me like she was saying she can't handle what Clark does. The PTB continue to backtrack just for the sake of drama because in other episodes we were led to believe that "if anyone can handle what Clark does , it's Lois" (AC told Clark this in Patriot). Also, Kara told Clark basically the same thing in S8 "Bloodline" when she told Clark that Lois is strong enough to handle his secret. Her backtracking might be more believable without all the previous episodes showing her unwavering support of Clark.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRUELOVE
                    I love this

credit:ckents
                    Oh, Lois.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherl
                      Yes, Lois has this "bolt-reflex" habit of running away - she admitted to that in Fortune, and that's exactly why on that episode Clark thought the wedding stuff had scared her to run away.
                      So yes, she is having a run away reflex here. But the thing is, she's still in shock from getting Clark's powers and realizing how much he is needed. This is the first time she has been confronted with this, because without getting Clark's powers and being able to hear all the cries for help she wouldn't have really understood it. All she needs is a little reassurance from Clark in this specific topic.
                      Don't forget that this episode took place 1 day after she pulled a gun on Tess to keep from losing Clark in the Phantom zone. She also told Clark that she wishes he had more faith in her because he is now 1/2 half of a whole and if the mission could possibly claim her better half to sign her up. She would rather be stuck in some kind of hell than be left behind is some purgatory of not knowing if Clark was alive or dead. I'm paraphrasing!! By getting Super hearing for 1 day she forgets all this. Besides she was not canceling the wedding because of Clark's powers she had for 1 day, she was canceling the wedding because she didn't want to take any time away from Clark being The Blur. In other words, she expects Clark to be the Blur 24/7 which Clark cannot possibly do. Clark has told Chloe in the past that "how can I protect life when I've lost all sense on how to live it". This tell me he needs some balance in order to maintain his sanity. Carter Hall (Shield) told Lois "he can't do it alone. You are his Schiarra". In Icarus he told Clark with Lois present "we can't do what we do if we have an emptyness in our heart".

Lois expects Clark to be the Blur 24/7. That is why she can't marry Clark. Not because she had his powers for 1 day.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoveHurts38
                        What I liked is that Clark wanted to do something from his planet with Lois and she thought it was romantic <3
                        She was being sarcastic... because the "life union" thing he said was not romantic at all. So, she was actually teasing him about the LACK of romance for that terminology he was using.

Originally posted by Superboogie
                        Lois just needs some quality time. This is a result from "all talk, no action". Sorry I had to say it.

I KNOW, right?! Boy does she EVER

I thought he would have given her a kiss, instead of that long drawn out hug OR a Kiss, after he said his destiny was to marry her... instead he WALKS AWAY and leaves her standing there

Oh, Clarkie!

Comment

• To me it looked like this end scene was designed to pad out the first hour of the finale, and also Lois' reasoning brought back memories of Lana saying similar words to Clark in that video she left him. What I think the writers were looking to put across (and maybe they needed to be clearer on this) was that Lois' reasoning wasn't coming from the same place that Lana had reasoned previously. Lana realised that Clark's destiny was such that her being by his side would more than likely hold him back from fulfilling his destiny. Lois pointed out much the same viewpoint here.

The difference is that Lois had now seen first hand the burden that Clark was being asked to carry, and she saw it over a very short space of time, so when the fun aspects of having his powers wore off, she was overwhelmed by the burden because she had so little time to process it and learn to manage it. Clark HAS had that time to process it and learn to manage it because the development of his abilities and understanding of his destiny has been build up over the course of his life. While it is still somewhat of a burden to carry, he's not been put in a position so as to be overwhelmed by it. Even so, he's still on numerous occasions struggled to cope with it.

Regardless of how and why she reasoned what she did, Erica still had Lois deliver an incredibly emotionally devastating kick to the guts for Clark and the viewers. Throughout the series, Lois has been portrayed as someone who hides her emotions behind a wall of bravado, sarcasm and military brat attitude so when those emotions bubble up to the surface, they are that much more resonant. Erica can sell the impact with her eyes.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎