Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quotes in The Man Who Would Be King (May contain spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes in The Man Who Would Be King (May contain spoilers)

Discuss quotes heard in The Man Who Would Be King.

I remember the tower of babel. All 37 feet of it, which I suppose was impressive at the time.
    And when it fell, they held devine wrath. But come on, dried dung can only be stacked so high.

Comment

Two really great quotes by Castiel:

"I remember being at a shoreline, watching a little grey fish heave itself up on the beach. And an older brother saying, "Don't step on that fish Castiel, big plans for that fish. I remember the Tower of Babel - all 37 feet of it, which I suppose was impressive at the time. And when it fell they howled, "Divine Wrath!" But come on, dried dung can only be stacked so high."'

"Freedom is a length of rope. God wants you to hang yourself with it."

Comment

Castiel:
        Don't worry about them.

Crowley:
        Don't worry about.. What, like Lucifer didn't worry? Or Michael? Or Lilith or Alistair or Azazel didn't worry?! Am I the only game piece on the board who doesn't underestimate those denim-wrapped nightmares?!

------

*Cas looks at painting of George W. Bush*
        Cas: Whose Heaven is this?

Raph: Ken Lay's. I'm borrowing it.

Cas: I still question his admittance here.

Raph: He's devout. Trumps everything.
        Last edited by Morgnanana; 05-08-2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

something about Castile's road of good intentions,, cant remember it exactly

Comment

some more good quotes:

Castiel: "It was averted by two boys, an old drunk and a fallen angel."

Crowley: "I thought we'd agreed. No more nights out with the boys."

Dean to Sam: "This makes you Lois Lane."

Crowley: "Why not? I'm very interesting."

Crowley: "Submit or die? What are you, French?"

Castiel: "Sam, I'm the one who raised you from Perdition."

Sam: "Did you bring me back soulless on purpose?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Morgnanana
              Crowley:
              [I]Don't worry about.. What, like Lucifer didn't worry? Or Michael? Or Lilith or Alistair or Azazel didn't worry?! Am I the only game piece on the board who doesn't underestimate [B]those denim-wrapped nightmares?!
              I loved this one & how Crowley as the king of hell remembers how dangerous the Winchesters are. He forgot to mention Zachariah, but I doubt he even knew about Zachariah's death.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
              Sam: "Did you bring me back soulless on purpose?!"
              I liked this one & the implications it has. It's one thing I speculated in my theory, where I said that Cas purposely left his soul in the cage so he could go down to hell & tap into it whenever he wants. I think his reason for leaving it there will be what Death wants Dean & Sam to find out by digging.
              Last edited by xrayvision; 05-09-2011, 11:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

How was the quote about Cas being "superman going darkside" with the smallville series ending next week and darkside being involved not in here?

If that wasn't an intentional nod to Smallville I dont know what is.

Comment

Dean: “Next to Sam, you and Bobby are the closest things I have to family. That you are like a brother to me. So if I’m asking you not to do something, you gotta trust me, man.”

Comment

Originally posted by Tygrius
                    How was the quote about Cas being "superman going darkside" with the smallville series ending next week and darkside being involved not in here?
                    I couldn't remember the exact quote and didn't have time to look it up so I didn't quote it here (If I can't literally "quote" something I tend to leave it off. I'm like that.).

I did put the Lois Lane quote up though, which I thought was also a nice nod to the SV finale.

Originally posted by xrayvision
                    It's one thing I speculated in my theory, where I said that Cas purposely left his soul in the cage so he could go down to hell & tap into it whenever he wants.
                    The more I think about your theory the more I wonder if it might not be true....hmmm.....

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎